Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Agility class/screening
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 04:46 PM
melbrod
Eschew Prolixity

Dogs Name: Ori AKA Harold DogDog (Hairy Dog), RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
Titles: DogDog Mouthe Extraordinaire; Kip Mr. Behavior; Capri Mis-Behavior
Dogs Age: DogDog 3 yrs?; RIP Kip 11 yrs; Capri 7 yrs; Katana 9 yrs; Caesar 13 yrs
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit melbrod's Gallery
Thanked 67,565 Times in 20,252 Posts

Click here to find out how melbrod became a supporter
Talked to my agility instructor...she said she hasn't heard something specifically called a "screening" class, but that different programs come up with all kinds of labels for stuff they do. I guess check with your instructor.

Seems like I found online some kind of thing where some places check your dog's physical condition with various exercises? Maybe a little watching to make sure the dog is OK with other dogs and is OK on a leash? We did have a little questionnaire to fill out asking for some health of our dog info and other relevant concerns.

Our first class wasn't that much moving around for us because we were only working on one piece of equipment so we didn't have to run from one to another. We also did some stuff like beginning work on target training (doggie finds out that food comes in plastic pringles lids on the ground...yummm!!)

We were on our feet the whole time, but the trainer also had some light plastic chairs that I imagine she would have been fine with us moving around and using if we needed to.

Last edited by melbrod; 03-25-2019 at 04:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to melbrod For This Useful Post:
LadyDi (03-26-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome