Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a Puppy near the Washington DC Area
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
jacksonit
Buddy

Dogs Name: Looking for a puppy

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit jacksonit's Gallery

I found the answer

"Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety." Proverbs 11:14

After searching the forum with the right query, I found the answer to my question. The answer - $2500 is not out of the realm of possibility.

Price is the least of my concern right now. As tempting as it is, if price was my focus I would have had a dog "yesterday". To convince my lovely wife on the price, since she's a certifiedbean counter/accountant, I've been telling her that we either pay now or pay later. Either way we are going to pay.
When I first decided to take a look at the Doberman as a potential addition to my family, I came in a little cocky thinking that it would be easy to find a good one whenever I wanted one. I've been humbled as a result of what I've learned on this forum and my search for a breeder. I've reached out to a few breeders so far - not so much the price, but timing seems to be one of the highly weighted variables in my dobe pup acquisition equation. I've spoken with a few breeders and asked for health testing and pedigree information (to see the bloodlines), only to be let down and felt like they betraying the breed with breeding bloodlines known for DCM or temperment issues. I spoke with a breeder whose dam of the litter was health tested but when I asked about the sire she said that no health testing was done. All I could think was "why would she do that"? and "what in the world is she doing"? I have learned that these people are referred to as greeders on this site. Maybe I'm expecting too much...In the meantime I'll keep conducting my research and exercise patience.

Be blessed!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jacksonit For This Useful Post:
4x4bike ped (03-22-2019), Artemis (03-24-2019), melbrod (03-22-2019), yuki_cos (03-22-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome