Thread: Sharjet Dobes
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 02:26 PM
dobebug
Alpha

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit dobebug's Gallery
Thanked 24,586 Times in 6,321 Posts

I'm pretty much in the same boat as Artemas--Sharjet has been around for years and I've only known her as basically a showline breeder--conformation that is.

If you are looking for an IPO or Ring dog I think I might start looking more at the UDC dogs--although you might not get a podium dog from the AKC and Canadian breeders who are show breeders--there are certainly some that take the time and effort to train and compete with these dogs.

CVas15--a couple of questions for you--have you owned Dobermans? Do you have a Doberman now? Have you trained a Dobe for something like IPO? Or even in upper levels of Obedience, Rally, Agility or Tracking? It's been mentioned that some of the working line dogs tend to be too drivey for owners who have never dealt with a 'working' dog and while I know that with time you can adapt to a dog with a lot of drive and the dog can create an effective 'off' switch but the other thing that a lot of people don't know is just how much time and effort you need to expend to create a really top notch 'working' dog.

Just wondered how much experience you've had.

dobebug
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dobebug For This Useful Post:
Artemis (03-16-2019), Cressrb (03-16-2019), ECIN (03-16-2019), LadyDi (03-18-2019), MeadowCat (03-16-2019), melbrod (03-16-2019), yuki_cos (03-16-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome