Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - He's here!! Welcome our new baby boy!!
View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Coco Loco
Living la Vida Loca!

Dogs Name: Sugar Dec 31/18 Coco RIP Apr 16/09 to Dec 21/18
Titles: Heart healer
Dogs Age: Baby boy
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Coco Loco's Gallery
Thanked 4,819 Times in 1,844 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECIN View Post
Ken had a question ! It pertains to feeding raw foods - just curious - But do you have worry about getting sick from feeding raw food ? From the bacteria on food bowls - or from where you prepare it at ? Do you have to super clean there food bowls ?

Thanks

Ken
I personally have never been worried nor has anyone gotten sick from feeding raw at my house. I'm the actual feeder so I've got it down to a science. I liken it to the same safe handling of raw meat that you would be cooking for yourself.

Coco and Sugar both cleaned up their bowls well while eating. I wash bowls regularly but not obsessively. I don't want a big sloppy kiss right after someone has eaten

No one is allowed to play with their food or carry it around the house. The bowls are kept on a mat in the kitchen and washed regularly.

I only use human grade raw. At my store people buy some of the meats and organs to cook for themselves. I have a freezer in my garage that I store the raw food in but also keep some of our own food in there too. I have a drawer in the fridge that is for the dog food as I thaw my raw and don't feed completely frozen. Coco didn't like completely frozen food and I don't want Sugar eating it either because hes a baby and I want to make sure he's a good chewer and doesn't gulp and swallow his food. I am supervising his eating for now because he's a baby. With Coco I was in the kitchen with her but knew she was an excellent chewer so didn't need to be on top of her.

It seems daunting and gross when you don't feed raw or when you start but it's really as easy as kibble once you have the hang of it.

Kin's Sweet Revenge aka Sugar December 31/18

Coco Loco RIP April 16/09 to December 21/18
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Coco Loco For This Useful Post:
Cressrb (03-04-2019), ECIN (03-05-2019), LadyDi (03-04-2019), melbrod (03-04-2019), Rosemary (03-04-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome