Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - The Girls Outside!
View Single Post
post #15022 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 04:06 PM
melbrod
Eschew Prolixity

Dogs Name: Ori AKA Harold DogDog (Hairy Dog), RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
Titles: DogDog Mouthe Extraordinaire; Kip Mr. Behavior; Capri Mis-Behavior
Dogs Age: DogDog 2 yrs?; RIP Kip 11 yrs; Capri 7 yrs; Katana 9 yrs; Caesar 13 yrs
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit melbrod's Gallery
Thanked 56,773 Times in 17,954 Posts

Click here to find out how melbrod became a supporter
I've had a lot of luck with.....I don't know what it's called....but it's basically all meat and non-starchy vegetables. All the meat and eggs you want, no need to watch the fat that's in the meat, just don't add more. A little cheese (like one piece of string cheese a day). Vegies are just basically leafy stuff, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes. You can have snacks like pork rinds if you want salt and crunch (and can stand the flavor). You're aiming for about 25 g** of starches a day, and no sugars--no sweetened drinks, ice cream, cake or cookies )

Limit processed meats (high salt?). No corn, peas or beans. No fruit (Olives and avocados are OK), No bread, pasta, potatoes, etc.

Anyway, generally you can lose between 15 and 20 pounds in the first month, and then add a little of the good stuff back in and lose a little slower. I found I didn't even have to be particularly careful to watch how much I ate because I didn't really get hungry (and I'm one of those who eats until my mouth is happy, which is usually more than my tummy needs.)

I'm a bread person, and I really missed the starches the first couple of days, but after about 3 or 4 days of no starch, I didn't find myself craving it any more.

It was also a fairly easy diet to upgrade to normal eating. You can add a couple of servings of breads and fruit, and still maintain weight pretty easily.

**Editor's correction....25 GRAMS of starch, not mg. Or maybe even up to 50 grams, but keep it low.

Last edited by melbrod; 02-20-2019 at 05:02 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to melbrod For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (02-20-2019), ECIN (02-20-2019), LadyDi (02-20-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome