Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Sunking Doberman Needs a Home
View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 07:30 PM
-AlphaDobie-
Lil Pup

Dogs Name: Alpha - https://www.instagram.com/alphathedoberman/
Dogs Age: 3 years and 7.5 months
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit -AlphaDobie-'s Gallery

Reading this thread makes me so happy. My family and I are actually going through an experience that's very similar to yours, Hilary. We lost our 3.5 year old dobie, Alpha, two weeks ago and we are all so devastated. It was due to peritonitis, which we assume was caused by adhesion in the stomach. The vet didn't find any foreign objects in his body and said there could be thousands of reasons that Alpha could've gotten sick. There were no signs until it was too late so everything happened very quickly. He was way too young and it was way too sudden for all of us. My guess is that it was probably from sticks that he found while we both roamed the forest in our neighbourhood. Obviously, I feel responsible as there must've been something I could've done to prevent it but everyone's telling me that it's not my fault. I can hear it but it's really not how I feel.

Anyway, we are so heartbroken right now that we're not sure that we can ever have another dog, let alone another dobie. But it's great to see that your family have welcomed "Brooks" into your new home and it shows that maybe one day, we can do the same.

Another interesting tidbit is that Alpha's dad was named Remy as well. Alpha's litter also had a whiskey theme. One of his sister's name is CC (Canadian Club) and another brother is named Jamie (Jameson). Just some ideas for you if you decide to keep the whiskey theme!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to -AlphaDobie- For This Useful Post:
Cressrb (12-15-2018), Hilary (12-15-2018), LadyDi (12-15-2018)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome