Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Sunking Doberman Needs a Home
View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Hilary
sweep the leg

Dogs Name: Sunking's An Affair to Remember "Rémy", Sunking's Thunder Rolls "Bulleit"
Dogs Age: Born April 17, 2012 (Tax Day, perfect for a Doberman!) RIP 8/3/2018, Born September 28, 2017
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Hilary's Gallery
Thanked 2,231 Times in 728 Posts

2 days in and I feel like I won the flipping lottery with this boy.

He is the cuddliest, most affectionate lover-boy. He’s already mastered the doggie door, having no experience with one before. He happily lets himself in/out for his business. He seems to genuinely enjoy the cats hanging on him, without a bit of prey drive. No reactive behaviors, no food aggression, sleeps peacefully all night. He’s still crated at night, but happily so. He’s just made himself right at home!

The only thing weird is he seems to be absolutely terrified of the leash. He runs, hides, goes limp - just petrified. I took out a measuring tape yesterday for his new sweater order and he ran for the hills. Even something remotely leash-like scares him. So who knows what that’s all about. I don’t know much about his previous owners or experience, his breeder was lucky to just get him returned as it was a bit of a fight. I can’t imagine anyone being rough with him, he is such a gentle soul.

In any case, he’ll learn soon enough that leash = fun times!

Still working on names. Hubby wants something Bourbon related. Remy was named after a Cognac. We’ll see where it leads...

Pics!

Oliver the cat deciding the crate was his:

Other kid enjoying new pup (he came with a bit of a scrape on his nose, hence the cream):

mama's grrrl

Last edited by Hilary; 12-05-2018 at 11:43 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hilary For This Useful Post:
Cressrb (12-05-2018), ECIN (12-11-2018), greenkouki (12-05-2018), LadyDi (12-05-2018), MeadowCat (12-05-2018), spocksdad (12-05-2018)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome