Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Blood test result- slightly high kidney function?
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 06:03 AM
melbrod
Eschew Prolixity

Dogs Name: Ori AKA Harold DogDog (Hairy Dog), RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
Titles: DogDog Mouthe Extraordinaire; Kip Mr. Behavior; Capri Mis-Behavior
Dogs Age: DogDog 2 yrs?; RIP Kip 11 yrs; Capri 7 yrs; Katana 9 yrs; Caesar 13 yrs
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit melbrod's Gallery
Thanked 56,198 Times in 17,827 Posts

Click here to find out how melbrod became a supporter
There's something weird about your numbers.....a normal range of 4-10 for blood creatinine is not reported anywhere that I can find. So either you heard the numbers your vet gave you incorrectly, or maybe she was talking about the results for a different test.

Some countries do use different units to report lab results (like the different numbers you would get reporting a measurement in inches vs centimeters), so you may be comparing apples to oranges when you say the top end of normal you see online for creatinine is 1.0, and your dog's value is 11.5. Her results may not be as far above normal as those numbers look.

If you're totally worried about what is going on, you could call your vet to clear up what test she was talking about and to verify the results she gave you vs the normal values.

But it looks to me like you just don't have enough information yet to figure out what may be going on. It's hard not to panic when it comes to our dogs' health, but I'd try not to over-analyze these test results and assume the worst here.

That's easy for me to say, I know. I can appreciate that Friday seems to be a long way away; been there, done that.
The Following User Says Thank You to melbrod For This Useful Post:
LadyDi (12-04-2018)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome