Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

The Girls Outside!

1M views 89K replies 76 participants last post by  sissl 
#1 ·
I have no clue what order NoBite is going to post the pics, but there is a pic of my Dry Pond, Dominic and Princess Lily Belle. One pic of the neighbors DD's (well, at least 2 of the A-holes). The black Dane pup seems okay. I hope NB blows that pic up, so you can actually see their partial pack of dogs. But, if not, you can at least see I take pride in my property and the neighbors don't.

Spock,

Patience, Grasshopper!

>:)

#12,162 ·
Ken...Have you ever tried dremeling him? Takes a bit of patience to get them used to it....lots and lots of treats* Once they had gotten used to it, my dogs have always lain down and practically waved their feet in the air when I show up with the dremel.

*I have them lie down on their sides, but some folks let them stand or sit down while they dremel. If you have them standing, you hold their feet like you do a horse to trim them. Treat the first time they see it on, when it touches them turned off, when it touches them turned on, when off rubbed on the body, when on rubbed on their body, while you hold their foot with it on next to them, when off up against the nail, when on touching the nail once, treat for each nail. Make sure you have a finger up against the nail you are trimming to lessen the vibration)

#12,166 ·
Mel - I have tried everything - lol I only use a Dremel - have started them all when they came home with us - I hold the nails - switch nails - so they don't get hot - everything - the big problem is the little fart handle runs from me - He does OB pretty dang good - that is till he knows he's getting nail trim or bath - When he was a puppy - as soon as I got him all soaped up good - he would jump out of the tub right into my arms - I ended up just as wet as he was - lol

#12,168 ·
Mel - I have tried everything - lol I only use a Dremel - have started them all when they came home with us - I hold the nails - switch nails - so they don't get hot - everything - the big problem is the little fart handle runs from me - He does OB pretty dang good - that is till he knows he's getting nail trim or bath - When he was a puppy - as soon as I got him all soaped up good - he would jump out of the tub right into my arms - I ended up just as wet as he was - lol
A wild bronco...sounds a nice rodeo. Just do a tie down (half hitch with a piggin' string) >:)

I don't envy you.

#12,171 ·
Queen in chess can move in any direction and is the most powerful piece because of that. Queen Elizabeth is standing on a checked floor which looks like a chess board.

That's my reading of it, and I'm pretty confident I'm reading it right. :)
Yes you are Mel reading this right.....some are just slower than others........bless their little hearts.....:grin2:

#12,172 · (Edited)
Just back from city deck project / finished up now, till spring time...
- BabyBear photos later
- Chicken Hawk Chicks have to wait, poor babies :grin2:

6.25 hours total (2.5 JJ + 3.75 Group)....I think today was Day17 / have to go back & check.
- a 3 month part-time project
Still got to go back & read, to catch up on the "beak chatter".

#12,175 ·
Guess what I am watching on TV today......yep.....FOOTBALL..........my favorite.
Well went to a birthday party yesterday for two of the grandchildren.They had farm animals.......ponies.....bunnies...chickens......Lambs and a donkey. Is had fun.....liked the bunnie the best.......critter was not afraid.......cute. So what did you do today....yeah I’m talking to you......what ch’a do......

#12,180 ·
Tricksy, tricksy.......

I thought you and I were on diametrically opposed schedules.

Just got back from dog walk. There are times when it is NOT nice to have so many deer in the neighborhood. DogDog's on a leash, but it is the wrong time of year to try to chase big bucks off the sidewalk in front of you. Our deer aren't even remotely afraid of people...they seem to know when a dog is on a leash, so they stand there and stare, and let YOU walk out in the street to get around THEM.