Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Taste of the wild dog food grain free vs limited grain
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Cplp744
Big Pup

Dogs Name: Tell us your dogs name

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Cplp744's Gallery

Taste of the wild dog food grain free vs limited grain

Hello so I’m just hoping to get some opinions on taste of the wild dog food and also gather thoughts on whether or not kcals per cup is something to live by. So I’ve always fed my boy 30/20 formulas whether it’s been pro plan sport, victor hi pro plus , diamond naturals extreme athlete, 4 health performance all of those formulas range from 400kcal per cup to 475 kcal per cup and he eats 5 cups daily split between 2 feedings so roughly he has always gotten 2000 to 2200 kcal a day but taste of the wild ranges from 360-390ish kcal per cup which at 5 cups a day is 1800 kcal to 1900kcal. And while the foods I’ve fed him have been free from corn wheat and soy I’ve heard some foods that are limited grain like that have empty calories in them versus grain free diets don’t have empty calories and I’ve also heard that grain free just subs out barley, sorghum , or Millet for lentils, pea protein, or sweet potatoes which in some of my research people think it’s just preference when it gets down to it. I was hoping to gather opinions or observations and please don’t recommend feeding raw that’s no currently a good option for me thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cplp744 For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (11-20-2018)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome