Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Out and About

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  ECIN 
#1 ·
Pictures! Just a few!

Today Zeus had his puppy class again. Day 4 of 6. Still more interested in the humans in class, but he's starting to interact a little better with the other pups and halfway played with the calmer ones of class. A giant schnauzer pup named Sophie is his buddy because she is just as mild tempered as he is when it comes to play sessions.

Afterwards, I heeded the advice of @MeadowCat and @RADAR2017 and took him to Tractor Supply to purchase a collar for training. He loved riding in the basket and meeting people! He even got a treat from the checkout lady. We had a pretty good time, and I was happy with how he conducted himself. Can't wait until he's okay to walk so we can practice behaving in public while on a leash on the ground instead of on a leash in a shopping cart.

Here's Zeus, having fun!

Blurry pup!

See less See more
#4 ·
I honestly haven't even started posting them yet! We took his ears down from this crazy super sticky wrap thing that the vet techs did on him after cropping, and his ears needed to heal. That was on the 30th of January. Knowledgable people here told me to wait until they were completely healed, even up to three weeks, before I started to post. I'm pretty sure they're healed. There aren't any scabs left, but he still has patches of hair missing from the edges of his ears so I wasn't sure if I should wait until the hair started to grow back. I can touch and rub (and kiss!) on his ears with no reaction of pain at all :) But I wanted to be super sure I wasn't going to do them any harm, so was going to wait until next weekend to start the posting adventure. That'll be just over three weeks of heal time.

#6 · (Edited)
Zeus is adorable, love his temperament & calmness.
- pups interested far more in people, with a few doggy friends...most ideal
- far easier to train because the human bond work in ones favor well / great problem to have...:grin2:

I had Kelly in a shopping cart, 5 years ago at our local RONA Lumber store...thks for the memories.

Hair on the surgery line, will not grow back...and don't use bridge tape, since ears are 3/4's there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.