Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Ear Wrap
Thread: Ear Wrap
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 12:20 AM
4x4bike ped
Big Lil pup

Dogs Name: Foxfire's The Real McCoy (McCoy)
Titles: Pet of the Year
Dogs Age: DOB 9/12/14
Gallery Pics: 9
Visit 4x4bike ped's Gallery
Thanked 13,561 Times in 4,703 Posts

Hi gamer. In over 4 decades, I have never had a boy (yes ALL boys) develop pockets. I did use the backer rod method on my youngest. It worked very well. From what I understand , one deals with pockets if and when they occur. The DT member here who IMO knows as much as anyone with respect to posting and corrective posting is dobebug. Many years ago she helped my son with his first Dobe when I was a bit at odds with the extreme length of the pup's crop. The advice always given to me was to keep the post firmly in the base of the ear and repost if and when the post pops out.

I am sure others who have had to deal with pockets will chime in. Again, you can always reach out to Bug. She has been posting Dobermans since around 1960 (no kidding). She is the man! (So to speak. LOL)

John
Portland OR

Edit to say... I am a bit of an oddball when it comes to posting. I tend to use a bridge pretty much for the first few month. I like the control it gives me over the spread of the pup's ears. However, I never recommend this, as it is really not an accepted method these days and most would probably disagree.

Last edited by 4x4bike ped; 01-28-2018 at 12:33 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4x4bike ped For This Useful Post:
gamermouse0213 (01-28-2018), melbrod (01-28-2018)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome