Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Testicle drop
Thread: Testicle drop
View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 01:25 PM
Dobiewankanobi
Sirai Dobermans

Dogs Name: Koa, Siri, Hottie & Chloe (shep x)
Titles: Koa-STAR Puppy, RN, CAA, CGC, Chloe-CA,CGC, Siri-AKC Grand Champion, CAX, DockDogs BAJJ, CGC
Dogs Age: 3 years, 2 years, 6months, 4 years
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Dobiewankanobi's Gallery
Thanked 5,798 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudnHouston View Post

"Don't you charge less for your pet puppies than top show prospects? Just asking."

Thanks for your help. I'd sure like to bring Jefe by your place. Have you take a look, offer your opinion/suggestions. It's hard to write everything without sounding mad all the time. I'm really not an angry person, promise.
I don't make puppies available for discount for a missing testicle. I WOULD offer to pay for a portion of the neuter or have it done at my vet where I would cover the cost. Though, my puppy price would really still be the same.

And No. I do not charge more for show prospects than pet puppies. I sell ALL of my pups for the same price. It's a two fold reason really. 1. It costs me just as much to produce a show puppy as it does a pet. Pets aren't given less care. Pets aren't given cheaper crops or other veterinary care. Pets, in my breeding program and in the programs of many others, are treated just as well as any potential show prospect. 2. I'm not psychic. A promising puppy at 8-12 weeks could very well turn into a pet. And I've got a return contingency in my contract for just that. However, many times a beautiful pet goes on to finish its championship. Its easier to sell them all at one price and not have to worry about returning funds or charging someone extra to transfer their registration to full which allows them to show. But, again, it simply costs me the exact same amount to raise a pet as it does a show prospect. Frankly, based on what the other breeders in our area are charging, apparently i'm not charging enough! But my prices are right in line with the average and I have a day job. So I just try to recoup the costs of breeding a litter in general (which usually doesn't happen).

I'm harder to catch on the weekends (busy show schedule), but if you have time to come by the Conroe shows this weekend that's where I'll be Friday - Sunday. I would be happy to take a look and see what we can do to help his ears.

RIP Kai 3/19/2001 - 11/8/2011
Koa RN, CAX, CGC
Siri-GCH Sunny N Foxfire's Starstruck CAX CGC
Chloe-CA, CGC
Hottie-CH Foxfire's I'm Smokin' Hot CA
Aero-GCH Sirai's Brace For Impact CA DJ CGC WAC
Bluebie-Sirai's Clear Skies Ahead CA WAC
Cessna-CH Sirai's Cleared For Takeoff CA WAC
Luxe-BPIS Sirai's Hollywood Glamour CA WAC
Mavi-CH Sirai's Hollywood Hot Shot WAC
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dobiewankanobi For This Useful Post:
dobebug (11-30-2017), greenkouki (11-30-2017), MeadowCat (11-30-2017), Rosemary (11-30-2017)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome