Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - The Girls Outside!
View Single Post
post #871 of (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 08:18 PM
melbrod
Eschew Prolixity

Dogs Name: Ori AKA Harold DogDog (Hairy Dog), RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
Titles: DogDog Mouthe Extraordinaire; Kip Mr. Behavior; Capri Mis-Behavior
Dogs Age: DogDog 2 yrs?; RIP Kip 11 yrs; Capri 7 yrs; Katana 9 yrs; Caesar 13 yrs
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit melbrod's Gallery
Thanked 54,877 Times in 17,541 Posts

Click here to find out how melbrod became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykersPerson View Post
It's ruined after the first viewing, though. The mystery has all evaporated, after that.
I watched it twice.

I found it interesting to go back over all of the scenes where I had assumed that the psychologist was talking/interacting with other folks. Two views of the same events--he thought his wife was having an affair vs the reality was that he was dead, and she was going on with her life; reinterpreting the scenes where the kid seemed disturbed or schizophrenic now knowing that he was seeing a reality that others couldn’t see; other more subtle hints where my knowledge of the twist at the end helped me appreciate the cleverness of the screen play and directing.

The change in perspective made it fun for me to watch again to fit all the pieces together.

But then I re-read books too, to catch what I missed the first time.

Incidentally, in the smiley above, does it look like he is reading the book backwards to you--from the end to the beginning?

Last edited by melbrod; 07-13-2017 at 08:37 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to melbrod For This Useful Post:
StrykersPerson (07-13-2017)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome