Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - The Girls Outside!
View Single Post
post #852 of (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 11:43 PM
melbrod
Eschew Prolixity

Dogs Name: Ori AKA Harold DogDog (Hairy Dog), RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
Titles: DogDog Mouthe Extraordinaire; Kip Mr. Behavior; Capri Mis-Behavior
Dogs Age: DogDog 2 yrs?; RIP Kip 11 yrs; Capri 7 yrs; Katana 9 yrs; Caesar 13 yrs
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit melbrod's Gallery
Thanked 56,713 Times in 17,941 Posts

Click here to find out how melbrod became a supporter
Say, that reminds me--did you ever see the movie “The Straight Story”? From Wiki:

"The film is based on the true story of Alvin Straight's 1994 journey across Iowa and Wisconsin on a lawn mower. Alvin is an elderly World War II veteran who lives with his daughter Rose, a kind woman with an intellectual disability. When he hears that his estranged brother Lyle has suffered a stroke, Alvin makes up his mind to go visit him and hopefully make amends before he dies. Because Alvin's legs and eyes are too impaired for him to receive a driving license, he hitches a trailer to his recently purchased thirty-year-old John Deere 110 Lawn Tractor, having a maximum speed of about 5 miles per hour, and sets off on the 240 mile journey from Laurens, Iowa to Mount Zion, Wisconsin."

He meets all kinds of people along the way and listens to their tales--nothing unusual, just glimpses of the lives of ordinary people and the stories they have lived through. The movie moves as slowly as his lawn mower does; that is part of its charm. When he finally gets to his brother’s house, the place looks empty--overgrown bushes, peeling paint, dilapidated--I was holding my breath--maybe his brother has DIED...

But he hasn’t and it all turns out well.

I loved the movie.

But then, I liked “My Dinner with Andre” too.
My Dinner with Andre Movie Review (1981) | Roger Ebert

Last edited by melbrod; 07-11-2017 at 11:48 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to melbrod For This Useful Post:
4x4bike ped (07-12-2017), Beaumont67 (07-12-2017)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome