Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - The Girls Outside!
View Single Post
post #699 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
StrykersPerson
Alpha

Dogs Name: Axel
Titles: He holds my heart
Dogs Age: 14 deceased
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit StrykersPerson's Gallery
Thanked 17,703 Times in 7,012 Posts

Send a message via Yahoo to StrykersPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4bike ped View Post
LOL.. As a young kid my mother, out of necessity, baked all of our bread. I always wanted to know why we couldn't have wonder bread like everybody else. I am sure that my mother's "from scratch" cooking, instilled in me my love of good home cooking. The one thing I could never abide, however, was the way she would mix non-fat dried milk with real milk to stretch it. Terrible!

My mother was a child of the depression and my father was born and raised in Brazil. Even after they became quite affluent, they couldn't quite shake their frugal ways. My dad would drive a brand new Mercedes, but there was no way he was going to pay someone to wash it or change the oil when he could do it himself. I am kind of the same way. Oh well....

STJ!
Not a darn thing wrong with being frugal.

I need to take a few lessons from your Dad.

I generally am frugal, but if I see something I have really been pining for, I start getting out of control. Can't believe I have been able to control myself this long to not get another Doberman.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StrykersPerson For This Useful Post:
4x4bike ped (06-29-2017), melbrod (06-29-2017)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome