post #24 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 06:27 PM
apollothedog
Big Dog

Dogs Name: Tell us your dogs name

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit apollothedog's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by windamyr1 View Post
I flushed it all down the toilet<G> He had enough opiate stuff, as I'm sure you know! When the pain was extreme, I'm all for it, but he wanted to wean off ASAP, and I was completely with him on that one!He's on a ton of supplements, though I admit I'm a bit leery of K at the moment as he's on bloodthinners for another 2 weeks yet. He's still not weight bearing on that leg,(at least until xrays show how he's healing) and so until he can start putting weight on it, they're concerned about the potential for clots. I WILL do some research on it though before completely dismissing the idea! Thank you! I sure hope your leg healed well! The femur is a nasty bone to break!
Good to know! Yeah definitely be careful with vitamin K supplements. Vitamin K1 is involved in clotting, vitamin K2 is involved in "activating" (carboxylating) a protein that moves calcium into bones. Totally different vitamins, they only both got K's because they have a similar shape. But a lot of supplements just say K and mean K1 or have both because both are generally good for you. Make sure you get pure K2 and it'll be MK4 or MK7 depending on if it comes from animals or bacteria. It's totally worth it, even years later I started taking it and gained a bunch of flexibility in the broken leg.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to apollothedog For This Useful Post:
Darkevs (04-27-2017), melbrod (04-28-2017), windamyr1 (04-28-2017)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome