Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - IPO tracking thread
View Single Post
post #221 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 12:18 AM
the_discowhore
Get the bunnies!

Dogs Name: Elsie & Ping
Titles: CDX UDX TT1 JDX AD RA

Gallery Pics: 6
Visit the_discowhore's Gallery
Thanked 17,383 Times in 5,085 Posts

Have not updated in ages! Where are all you tracking folk?

We've not had a lot of success lately! In September we had our first attempt at level 2 tracking - what a failure! Mostly a lot of bunny hunting, and we were very unprepared for that sort of vegetation cover. Apparently everyone else was too as we only had 1 pass all weekend out of 24 tracks in total!

Next non-success was our first attempt at WD. Elsie was too busy hunting on her first track, by the time I got her tracking again we ran out of time, a shame as we carried on after the judge left and Elsie finished the rest of the track in about a minute with all articles and didn't lift her head once!! Second day track was really stunning and she worked well, but we missed both articles due to a series of unfortunate events!

Now it's my turn to try my hand at managing a trial - I am running a level 1 & 2 tracking trial in Canterbury high country. It is so very stressful! I have been losing a lot of sleep over it, but think I finally have it sorted. Has been good to train Elsie up at the grounds while going track planning, and it's really her sort of terrain... Dry with sparse cover and lots of surface changes, she loves it! Looking forward to the trial and hopefully a few more qualifications than the last one!

Do it or Elsie CDX UDX TT1 JDX AD RA
Ch Alarves Completely Awesome (IMP Aus)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the_discowhore For This Useful Post:
R2reddobes (02-02-2015), Rosemary (01-28-2015)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome