Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Coursing Ability Test Thread
View Single Post
post #223 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2014, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Rosemary
Got mutt?

Dogs Name: Leo (GSD); Lily (APBT)
Titles: They do, and are working on more
Dogs Age: Leo 7; Lily 5; Ilka 2009-2017; Lucky 2000-2014
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Rosemary's Gallery
Thanked 31,135 Times in 10,345 Posts

It looks like the CKC is considering an all-breed/mixed breed coursing event, but I can't tell if it's been implemented yet. CKC Seeks Feedback and Volunteers Re: New Chase Ability Program | CKC

Right now, the only two organizations I know of that are offering titles in for all breeds and mixes are the AKC and the UKC.

For AKC eligibility:
"Section 3. Eligibility to Enter. Coursing Ability Tests are open to all dogs at least 12 months of age that
are individually registered with the AKC, recorded in the Foundation Stock Service (FSS) program,
individually registered with a foreign or domestic registry organization whose pedigrees are acceptable for
AKC registration, dogs granted a Purebred Alternative Listing (PAL) number, dogs with AKC Limited or
Conditional Registration, or dogs enrolled in the AKC Canine Partners program. Dogs with breed
disqualifications and monorchid/cryptorchid dogs are eligible to participate. Females in season may not
enter. A dog may enter only once per event. (An event is defined by an event number.)"

For UKC eligibility:
"VII. Entering a UKC Event. Dogs must be Permanently Registered, have a Limited Privilege number (performance events, companion events & Junior Showmanship), or have a valid Temporary Listing number."

The Limited Privilege number is now called a "Performance Listing Number". I do know that there are some UKC events in Canada, but I can't say if any of the UKC clubs there offer lure coursing.

~~The Current Hellhounds~~
Lily Dale- A Melody Unchained ETD PKD-T PKD-N ADP-L5/CH/L1(Pr)/L2(Pr)/L1 GC GPS-NST OD-WD2
CA Speed Queen Leontine Von Washateria ETD D-CRO-Preliminary PKD-T PKD-N S-ADP-L5/CH/L1(Pr)/L2(Pr)/L1 GC GPS-NST OD-WD2
~~Requiescat In Pace~~
Ilka Of Pear Orchard Cemetery BN RE CA CGC TKP ETD CRO-1 D-CRO-Preliminary NCO-1 PKD-T PKD-N S-ADP-L4 ~2009-2017~
Lucky Rat Dog CGC ~2000-2014~
“Dance as if no one who is qualified to commit you is watching!”

Last edited by Rosemary; 12-10-2014 at 01:55 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome