Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Town Hall Topic - Poop Patrol
View Single Post
post #46 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 08:08 PM
LuvMyDobes
Alpha

Dogs Name: Cara's Seize The Moment - Sweep
Titles: RN, CTL1, CGC,
Dogs Age: born 10/23/2007
Gallery Pics: 5
Visit LuvMyDobes's Gallery
Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,071 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratty View Post
I know this is a topic everyone faces, but really have not seen any discussions on this. So in the spirit of being a well rounded forum, I decided to address this topic here.[LIST][*]What is your preferred method of poop pick-up? (pooper scooper, glove and bag, etc)[*]I use a scopper and rake for yard clean up and baggie when we are away from home. I use the4 scented ones for baby diapers. You get them at the dollar store 100 for $1[*]Who is the designated pooper picker upper? (You, designated spouse, children, third-party vendor)[*]Hah Me, myself and I[*]How often do you pick-up poop? (daily, weekly, monthly) What is the weight per volume do you estimate you remove?[*]I try to pick it up every morning in the yard. I probably remove about a half a pound a day for three dogs???? Never really thought about weighing it.[*]Do you inspect the poop for proper digestion of food or other reasons?[*]Yes, I check to see if it formed, soft etc.[*]Does your dog only use one specific area or is the whole yard used?[*]I wish! But they do go near the fence in most cases.[*]What technique or methods do you use to prevent lawn damage?[*]Nothing![*]Do your local ordinances specify specific requirements to dispose of the dog waste?[*]Not that I am aware of. I put mine in a plastic bag and tie it shut then throw it in the garbage container.
It is a stinky job!

Dragon Slaying Dobermans Incorporated member #44

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome