Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Town Hall Topic Veterinary Care
View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 09:16 PM
sandy2233
sandy2233

Dogs Name: SE
Titles: CGC, BN, PCD, CD, UDC-CD, WAE, BH
Dogs Age: March 12, 2015
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit sandy2233's Gallery
Thanked 3,031 Times in 1,618 Posts

Click here to find out how sandy2233 became a supporter
I work at a vet clinic. Em gets protocol shots. Haven't wormed her very much. She's not into all the garbage that is in a corral with livestock. She was being shown pretty extensively and with all that is out there, I wasn't going to chance her getting something that I could have prevented with a vaccine. I do routine bloodwork every month on her because of the copper problem she has, and every now and then an xray gets thrown in or a ultrasound.

I will have to stand up for vets. They have a huge education debt to pay off, and those blood machines, digital xray machines don't come cheap nor does the malpractice insurance.

I believe everyone should research. Come in the office knowledgeable and let us help you. We learn a lot from breeders. They know their breed and ALL the problems that go with it. Be an advocate for your pet. And I do argue with the vets I work with. But I do trust them for the most part. And I do bring them DT articles to read all the time.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome