Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Town Hall Topic – Veterinary Care
View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 08:41 PM
Belletower
Researcher

Dogs Name: Sundar (rough collie)
Dogs Age: 2
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Belletower's Gallery

[QUOTE=Kratty;10800]This Town Hall Topic was suggested by Tom&King.

Veterinary Care[LIST][*]What type of Veterinarian do you use and why? (Traditional, holistic),

Traditional but I am biased toward natural approaches to problems. Our small town vet is traditional and I respect his experience and training in that but push back on occasion.

How often do you take your dog to the vet and why? (routine visits, emergency care)

Annual visits for my own peace of mind. I go if anything seems wrong and I am feeling anxious about it.
[*]Are your dogs on the prescribed vaccination regiment they recommend? Do they get other vaccinations due to your environment surroundings? (Lyme disease, others)

We do minimum vaccinations which puts me at odds a bit with my traditional vet
[*]How do you treat wounds/injuries of your dog?(minor injuries like cuts and scraps) Does the vet do it all or do you do some your self?

I handle anything small myself. Only if I feel "out of my depth" do I go to the vet for jnjuries.

Do you have any type of training in emergency care of animals? Where did you get this training?

I am a mother of four small children. My training is just from experience.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome