Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - The Nose Work Journal
View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
DogsR4Life
Alpha

Dogs Name: Chase, Harley
Titles: Chase: CGN, TT, SD-S, SD-A Harley: Can CH, SD-S
Dogs Age: June 2008, Jan 2017
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit DogsR4Life's Gallery
Thanked 11,140 Times in 2,164 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsR4Life View Post
I have a question for people who have trialed for some time.

This is my very first trial, so I've been reading the manual book and asking a bunch of questions about what to expect.

The host/chairwoman of the trials posted a message on the group forum stating that there has been two diagnosed kennel cough cases in the area. She also mentioned that the two dogs are still going to compete.

The executive of SDDA has been contacted and has spoken with the host about the issue, but no further information has been released.

Is it normal to allow contagious dogs to compete in events?

Someone who has been trialing for quite some time said it is normal, and all she does is keep her dogs separated from her household dogs to stop the spread of disease.

I have a feeling the executive of SDDA has requested those dogs to be pulled, as the manual does state that any dog who is sick and cannot perform the trial will be DQd, but i need to wait for the official email.
Just bumping this, it's been a couple of days and the host has not made a decision yet.

I have a 13 yr old lab at home, I find it's too risky to let Chase compete alongside a contagious dog that he may pass it on to the lab.

Banner by RedDobeChase, on Flickr
Never look down on someone, unless you are helping them up
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DogsR4Life For This Useful Post:
AuraDobe (11-25-2013), dax0402 (02-04-2014), MeadowCat (11-25-2013)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome