Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - "I don't want a show dog; I just want a pet."
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 06:46 PM
Kreamer67
Lil Dog

Dogs Name: Micha (Doberman) Mercedes( Lab/chihuahua mix) Yoko(JRT/rat/lhasa/maltese)
Titles: My lil' Pony
Dogs Age: 8 months, 5y, 1y
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Kreamer67's Gallery

And at the same time if i may excersize my opinion, while i agree, i feel as though every dog (dobe, or not mix mutt whatever) deserves a good home. I am currently in the process of finding homes for some small 6 breed mutt puppies. They may have health problems they may not, my 4 breed rat mix ( mind you these puppies were gifted, no money asked) has been in best of health since we got her. Sheer Luck i suppose. but to chalk it off like some of these animals should be discarded put down or forced to go to a shelter (where theyll end up euthanized anyways) Just isnt fair.

Now like i've said in the past, i happen to have a Doberman, Who has defects, they may be from inbreeding, they may be Z factor, it could be a mix further back in the bloodline. who knows. What I do know, is in the future, having done research yes if im looking for a "Pedigree doberman" i will be turning a blind eye to BYBs and finding a reputable one with papers registration the whole 9yds. why? because i might just get lucky with this one and have no issues. or god forbids she could keel over at age 3.

In any case i come from the belief any dog you acquire should be recognized as a family memeber first and whatever else you want second. just my .02

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome