Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Dobe owner from the Philippines
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 12:11 PM
vivienne00
denormalized

Dogs Name: Jill, Lana, Callan
Titles: yes
Dogs Age: 3-16-11, 5-11-12, 11-11-15
Gallery Pics: 4
Visit vivienne00's Gallery
Thanked 13,462 Times in 4,371 Posts

She was old enough to be weaned onto raw food at 4 wks old. At 4 mths it is no problem at all. All my puppies come home and go immediately onto raw (no transition) if they weren't already.

I feed ground chicken necks at that age but at 4 mths there are some real teeth starting to come in but unless she has some ability to chew, you will need to provide ground meat/organ/bone (about 80%/10%/10%). Need some variety too. I would include good quality Greek yogurt and 1 egg daily (lightly cooked or raw). Start the yogurt at a teaspoon and progress to a tablespoon over a week. The combo of egg and yogurt provides a good range of amino acids - which is why you need to vary the protein source so that a full complement of amino acids is available over time - about a week. There is no need for a balanced food daily.

Fruits and veggies are optional and not central to a raw diet. Canines are opportunistic and eat ripe berries when they find them but they can't possibly depend upon them for their diet. Same for other sweet fruits and cooked veggies. The amount that wild dogs consume from the insides of an animal is not a lot. They usually shake the intestines to get rid of most of the load and usually ignore the stomach contents.

Enjoy your girl.

the boys (rip): Cato, Emerald's Black Onyx, Emerald's Black Quartz
Owned by the girls: Jill (kelpie) and Lana.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vivienne00 For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (01-14-2013), LucillaJules (01-15-2013)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome