Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - IPO tracking thread
View Single Post
post #51 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2012, 12:42 AM
the_discowhore
Get the bunnies!

Dogs Name: Elsie & Ping
Titles: CDX UDX TT1 JDX AD RA

Gallery Pics: 6
Visit the_discowhore's Gallery
Thanked 17,382 Times in 5,085 Posts

So how is everyone's tracking going?

I didn't do as much over winter as I had intended to do, but did get to "enjoy" some bad weather tracking (snow, frost, heavy rain). Managed to lose all of my start indicators in the forest so need to get some more this week so I can track on Friday in the forest!

At the moment when I am laying tracks I lay 3-4 smallish tracks (usually around 100-200 metres, so about 350-700 feet) and track them in a backwards order, so do track 3 first (5 minutes old), then track 2 (15 minutes old), then track 1 (half hour old). Finding that is a good way to get varying track ages done. A lot of our tracking is done in forests at the moment, so I do really need to go and find more paddocks to track in! Will stay with my parents for a bit this summer so can use their paddocks every day for a week. Using a lot more food on tracks now, which is really helping Elsie keep her head down and she isn't rushing as much, but she still looks quite frantic so I might need to place food drops closer to each other.

Do it or Elsie CDX UDX TT1 JDX AD RA
Ch Alarves Completely Awesome (IMP Aus)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the_discowhore For This Useful Post:
Rosemary (09-24-2012), workingk9s (09-24-2012)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome