Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Important announcement re: posting about breeders
View Single Post
post #53 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 11:30 AM
KCFilley
Alpha

Dogs Name: AmCh Brykris Meet Joe Black, AmCh Brykris Right on the Money, & Brykris She's One in a Million
Titles: CEO's of the Spoiled Rotten Club

Gallery Pics: 5
Visit KCFilley's Gallery
Thanked 3,754 Times in 1,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Some of you are forgetting is the established reputable breeders almost always have far more qualified people wanting a puppy than puppies available. The breeders who have been at it for a while normally have several repeat buyers for any given litter as well, and those people are normally given some priority as they have proven track records. Tara was my last purchase and over half of her litter went to repeat buyers. Most reputable first-time breeders... breed their first litter as a co-breeding... with the established breeder so they also benefit from the established breeders contacts, referrals and repeat buyers.

Having owned this breed for over 40 years, in my opinion, if DT went away tomorrow, it would make little difference to the reputable breeders as far as placing puppies. I am not a breeder, just my perspective as an owner.
I agree with you. I know my breeder always has a waiting list. I had to wait a year and a half to get my first dog. After that, since I have stayed in constant communication with her (and now on my 6th of her breedings), I believe she will always have a dog for me if she has an upcoming litter and I will still drive 2400 miles round trip for one. She had a litter about 3 weeks ago, 6 females and one male. She's keeping two, maybe three of the females to see how they do and the others are going to repeat owners who have had her dogs for years.

If ya git ta thinkin' yer a person of some influence, try orderin' my dogs around. Cowgirl wisdom.

Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KCFilley For This Useful Post:
Marieldobes (07-30-2012), robinb (07-30-2012)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome