Sorry to share some bad DT news today.
Amy died in family arms at 1:00 pm.
- our 29 year old son kissed her K9, raising the lip while Dad breathed exhaled warm air, and planting kisses on the back of her neck...in final moments
Just not today, but I will gladly post TRIBUTE pictures in this thread...for anyone that wants to check back later.
I saw the end coming (recently, while I didn't want to accept it), and got a new 4/3rd camera...a month ago...still trying to figure out the software.
In the meantime / my dear friend made me a video, to honor my old girls life. Dobe Amy controlled off-leash, walking city streets..wmv - YouTube
I am trying to think of all the positive more than the real grief...just not easy.
- balling ones eyes out...and the home is now so silent, even with the TV on
Even had my retired neighbor and buddy, sit with Amy while waiting for the Vet (for 1/2 hour, of comfort).
She still had a big tail wag for him but suffering from possible neargural damage.
Even he commented, AMY was not giving up or did she for one second, take her eyes off her Dad...(as terminal sick, as she was).
- that was the best training commplement, a person could receive
P.S. - my wifes loving comments, this morning (while she kissed good-by) - seems most fitting...to a long and happy dober life: AMY - you left the Paw Prints, on my heart girly !!
- she will be cremated and a Amy paw print casted in clay
AMY was my best buddy, and I am retired now, so with her 24/7 last 4 years...even setup a futon in the living room, because she couldn't climb the upstair steps...but her and I slept every night together, and I belly rubbed her to sleep, every night. My breeder, just got a email this afternoon...a quality puppy, is in our very near future:
Hi Francoise, Elevage de Fabert Perm Reg'd Dobermans "Candids"
I left you a voice mail, an hour ago...with much sadness & crying / Our beloved Amy, had a stroke last night...in her sleep.
Until the Vet came (at noon), she was comforted with my son & I...and “still had a great will to live”, right up to the very end.
(but she had almost zero mobility...only could raise her head, once/hour)
She was put down, at 1:00 pm today...with her big brother (son Andrew) and her Dad (Larry).
- there was NO future hope for her and continued quality of life, to enjoy (that she felt daily)
- so the hard decision to have her rest in peace, was made...in the arms, of her dearest & closest family members & loved ones
I need an 8 week old puppy now (like yesterday, he-he)...and old girl Amy traits, will be imbedded in the new one....to be spoiled rotten...lol.
Please contact me, what is your next litter drop date ??
- a nice black female puppy or a red & tan, will be perfect....colour is of no concern
I would love, to acquire another sucky girl...from your outstanding breeding line. BTW...Amy just turned 11.7 y/o...RIP my LOVE.
Best Regards, Larry & Nancy www.petperfectexpress.com