Griffin has been home for a week today and it has sure been busy!
Here are the things I have done since fetching him last week Saturday:
1. Bought fold-up baby gates/playpen - life saver (not just mine, also the old chihuahua and the old cat)
2. Attached cord to a plastic plant pot and hung it from a tree - hours of self-induced fun! (Supervised at ALL times - cord wraps around body parts, also replaced string with thick cord so pup is less likely to bite through and swallow it, thanks to advice from Vivienne)
3. Cut out creeper stems from under tree mentioned above - creepers DO catch puppies!
4. Put up fences around sunken staircases (the property is on a hill and has 7 levels/ terraces, so there are lots of stairs) - puppies are too short to see drop offs and not so good at stopping when running at full tilt
5. Put up mesh at the end of each step up a staircase - yup, a puppy can go straight through a staircase, especially when losing courage near the top and turning around...(cable ties are my friend!)
6. Tucked the chihuahua's velboa tunnel bed under a chair - Griffin couldn't beleive his luck when he discovered the big square fluffy toy that growled when he jumped on it.
7. Cable tied a peg to the crate door as a mechanism to keep the door open - the only time he cried during the night was when he got out of the crate and was in his pen when the door closed behind him
8. Worked out an exercise program of short sets of sit-ups, push-ups, planks and jumps to fill in those periods when Griffin loses interest in me during playtime
9. Succumbed to the indignity of walking about the house with a leash around my waist and a chew stick in my pocket
What other unforseen dangers, opportunities and indignities can I look forward to?