New Blue girl - Page 2 - Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums

Puppy Corner Everything Puppy related goes here

DobermanTalk.com is the premier Doberman Dog Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #26 (permalink)
u mad?
 
PatchworkRobot's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,355
Location: Texas
Dogs Name: Rhapsody's Mystery of the Spanish Chest - "Dreizehn", Gaia's Bijort - "Ruthless"
Titles: UKC CH for Dreizehn, CGC for both, CA for both
Dogs Age: Born December 2010, July 2011
Gallery Pics: 5
Visit PatchworkRobot's Gallery
Thanks: 4,678
Thanked 15,702 Times in 4,538 Posts
Images: 5
PatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine2011 View Post
Getting a tested dog in my area is near impossible. I live in the middle of North Dakota and I've been looking for well over 6 years for doberman breeders.
Where have you been searching for 6 years?
Jaimand Dobermans is in North Dakota.
I found that out via the DPCA site - the breeder referral section.
__________________


No dog is at fault for being born into this world.
PatchworkRobot is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Jan 2011
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to PatchworkRobot For This Useful Post:
ACarrigDobermans (12-04-2012), Brianne29 (12-04-2012), dobedream (12-04-2012), dobegal (12-02-2012), falnfenix (12-02-2012), GingerGunlock (12-02-2012), HarvestMoon (12-02-2012), Jenny (12-02-2012), LVdobe (12-04-2012), MeadowCat (12-02-2012), Nynaeve (12-03-2012), o0 sHaDoWoLf 0o (12-02-2012), Ojai Sho-Shawnee (12-03-2012), Rallypup87 (12-02-2012), Rosemary (12-02-2012), RottenVonSpotten (12-02-2012), Sharly (12-02-2012), vivienne00 (12-02-2012), wantsaDobe (12-04-2012), Whiskey (12-04-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #27 (permalink)
Alpha
 
Posts: 1,722
Location: Southern Manitoba
Dogs Name: Murphy
Dogs Age: Born May 11, 2012
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit AlyssaN's Gallery
Thanks: 3,816
Thanked 2,898 Times in 1,103 Posts
AlyssaN has a reputation beyond reputeAlyssaN has a reputation beyond reputeAlyssaN has a reputation beyond reputeAlyssaN has a reputation beyond reputeAlyssaN has a reputation beyond reputeAlyssaN has a reputation beyond reputeAlyssaN has a reputation beyond reputeAlyssaN has a reputation beyond reputeAlyssaN has a reputation beyond reputeAlyssaN has a reputation beyond reputeAlyssaN has a reputation beyond repute
Jaimand Dobermans in North Dakota.

There you go, found you a good breeder.
AlyssaN is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Jun 2012
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AlyssaN For This Useful Post:
Brianne29 (12-04-2012), LVdobe (12-04-2012), Rallypup87 (12-02-2012), Whiskey (12-04-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #28 (permalink)
Alpha
 
RottenVonSpotten's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,355
Dogs Name: Otto RIP

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit RottenVonSpotten's Gallery
Thanks: 8,148
Thanked 6,359 Times in 1,901 Posts
RottenVonSpotten has a reputation beyond reputeRottenVonSpotten has a reputation beyond reputeRottenVonSpotten has a reputation beyond reputeRottenVonSpotten has a reputation beyond reputeRottenVonSpotten has a reputation beyond reputeRottenVonSpotten has a reputation beyond reputeRottenVonSpotten has a reputation beyond reputeRottenVonSpotten has a reputation beyond reputeRottenVonSpotten has a reputation beyond reputeRottenVonSpotten has a reputation beyond reputeRottenVonSpotten has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with Meadowcat. I would never intentionally and willingly take on a puppy this young, especially with my recent experience with a dog purchased at 5 weeks. The dog has absolutely no bite inhibition and is a walking liability. Good luck, you'll need it.
RottenVonSpotten is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Sep 2010
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RottenVonSpotten For This Useful Post:
dobedream (12-04-2012), Rallypup87 (12-02-2012), Rosemary (12-02-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #29 (permalink)
Alpha
 
Posts: 247
Location: Hidden
Dogs Name: Jynx
Dogs Age: 4-5 months?
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit kindafugly's Gallery
Thanks: 13
Thanked 60 Times in 46 Posts
kindafugly is an unknown quantity at this point
To the OP. I got 1 puppy at 4 weeks and 1 puppy at 6 weeks. I only had 1 other small dog so introducing them wasnt even a big deal. At that young your puppy is going to be whining and looking for mommy (all nite long) for about 3-4 days and not much sleep to come. Its hard at first and does get better. As far as introducing to your large dogs it really depends if there playful or curious or may act aggressively to a puppy. Slowly introduce the puppy while holding the puppy. Let your adults sniff the puppy. just dont leave them unsupervised or to rough house around the puppy. id love to see pictures!
kindafugly is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Nov 2012
Old 12-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #30 (permalink)
u mad?
 
PatchworkRobot's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,355
Location: Texas
Dogs Name: Rhapsody's Mystery of the Spanish Chest - "Dreizehn", Gaia's Bijort - "Ruthless"
Titles: UKC CH for Dreizehn, CGC for both, CA for both
Dogs Age: Born December 2010, July 2011
Gallery Pics: 5
Visit PatchworkRobot's Gallery
Thanks: 4,678
Thanked 15,702 Times in 4,538 Posts
Images: 5
PatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond repute
I'll just leave this here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffly Speaking: I consider him a rescue.
Here’s how it goes:
Person A shows up with a puppy.
Person B says “Oh, such a cutie! Where’d you get him?”

Person A says “Well, I got him from a pet store, but they said he was get*ting so old that they were going to send him back to the broker!”
or
“I got him from some*body sell*ing pup*pies online, and when I got there the con*di*tions were so bad I had to buy him!”
or
“I called a breeder about pup*pies in the Want Ads, and she said that she had a puppy she was going to put down because he was sick!”
or
“When I got there, I knew I shouldn’t buy him, but I bonded instantly with him and I had to take him!”

and they always, ALWAYS end with
“So I consider him a rescue.”

Well, I consider my hand to be a pumpkin pie, but so far reality has not responded to my wishes.
That was NOT a rescue. That was a PURCHASE. And it is a purchase that rewarded, usually amply, the person selling the puppy.

My next favorite part is when person B says someihing like the following:
“Well, it doesn’t mat*ter where dogs come from, as long as they find love!”
or
“I am sure you couldn’t have left him behind!”
or
“I am so glad that you gave him this won*der*ful happy ending!”
or
“I can’t believe nobody bought him before you! Good for you for buy*ing him!”

Two words:
BULL
PUCKY.

Do you REALLY think it doesn’t mat*ter where dogs come from, as long as they get carried off into the sunrise, surrounded by butterflies and the sound of an autoharp? Seriously?

Do you think it does that person a BIT of good to have their PURCHASE given your stamp of approval?

Because here’s who DOESN’T go off into the sunrise:
- All the other dogs in that pet store, which can continue in business another day because YOU just paid their rent and salaries and covered the pittance they paid for that puppy.
- The next corgi puppy or Lab puppy or Shepherd puppy who gets ordered from Hunte Corp. because YOU showed them there’s a market for this breed, so we’d better get two next time.
- The other dogs in that breeder’s home, who will now be bred again because wow, she just covered six months of electric bill in a single day thanks to YOUR check, so she WILL breed those dogs again.
- The mother dog in the puppy mill somewhere in the Midwest, who will be bred again because Hunt corp got a ton of orders for corgis or Labs or Shepherds or Poodles this month.
- The other dogs in your puppy’s litter, who were sold to who knows what people with zero screening or any qualifications other than a credit card.

There is a sacred rule upon which our entire society is built: The end does not justify the means.
It is a GOOD thing that the puppy is going to have a good life. That does not justify the tens or hundreds or thousands of BAD things that had to occur to get him to that point.

Your dog is a rescue if he came from a rescue. A rescue is an organization desperately trying to put itself out of business.
Your dog is NOT a rescue if he came from a pet store. A pet store is a place trying to STAY in business.
Your dog is NOT a rescue if he came from a breeder. And that includes a good one; my puppies are not “adopted” or “rescued” or anything of the kind. I SELL puppies. The difference is that a good breeder doesn’t view anything she does as a business, and if she did she’d be the worst businessperson on the planet. She sells puppies based on the accomplishments of their parents and she loses money. A bad breeder is trying to make breeding their business, selling puppies based on the value of cuteness and maximizing profits however is possible. But even when you buy from the best breeder on earth, YOU ARE NOT RESCUING.

And STOP mouthing those hideous platitudes about how it doesn’t matter where a dog comes from as long as it’s loved. You do no one any favors when you justify giving hundreds or thousands of dollars to a machine that grinds up dogs and spits them out dead.
When you buy from a pet store or puppy mill or bad breeder, you create pain ten times the size of the good you’ve done. When you encourage that purchase, you’re scratching the chin of a business that can only be called evil.

STOP IT.

If you did something wrong, if you made a mistake, even if you knew it was wrong and said heck with it, I’m doing it anyway, OWN IT. Say “I did some*thing really stupid, something I hope you don’t ever do, something I hope nobody ever does.”

If somebody comes to you chirruping about a puppy, say “He’s gorgeous, but you can never, never do that again and here’s why.” Will it offend people? Absolutely. Will they think you’re mean and uncharitable and go away saying “I don’t regret a single thing I did! I’d do it again!” For sure.

But the thing is, they WON’T do it again. The next time they stop in front of a pet store window, they’ll hear your voice and they’ll feel just a little bit ashamed, and they will NOT go back in. They may attribute the wiggle in their gut as a desire for Cinnabon that’s greater than their desire to see a Beagle puppy, but the result is the same. A puppy does not get purchased.

And if enough are not purchased, that pet store will go out of business. Don’t think it can happen? It does all the time. When I was a kid, everybody got every pet from a pet store, and there were little mom and pop pet stores in every town. Now, I can think of only four or five within two hours of me. Those are staying in business because they have the tiny designer dogs of the moment; I haven’t seen a big dog in a pet store in New England in years. IT’S WORKING.

And if enough pet stores go out of business, Hunte will go out of business. And when that happens, thousands of puppy mills will simply shutter their doors. There will be a massive increase in dog auctions for six months and then they’ll blessedly go away. And THAT is the true end we want.

Don’t settle for anything else.
__________________


No dog is at fault for being born into this world.
PatchworkRobot is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Jan 2011
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to PatchworkRobot For This Useful Post:
4Dobes (12-02-2012), Brianne29 (12-04-2012), dobedream (12-04-2012), dobegal (12-02-2012), EmilyB (12-02-2012), JobeyV (12-02-2012), missabaldwin (12-02-2012), Nynaeve (12-03-2012), RedFawnRising (12-02-2012), Rosemary (12-02-2012), the_discowhore (12-02-2012), vivienne00 (12-02-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #31 (permalink)
Holier Than Now
 
RedFawnRising's Avatar
 
Posts: 21,324
Dogs Name: Whisper; George; Slick Wilhemina, Nashua
Titles: George-Working Service Dog
Dogs Age: 5 yr, 4 yr, 3 yr, 1yr
Gallery Pics: 3
Visit RedFawnRising's Gallery
Thanks: 67,814
Thanked 72,689 Times in 17,206 Posts
Images: 3
RedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond repute
Click here to find out how RedFawnRising became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchworkRobot View Post
Bless all those other puppies and all of those puppies to come - since the breeder is getting the money to breed again.

And, note that the OP has bred dilute MinPins, mentions not a word about titling, has another young Doberman (male, I bet).

Anyone here who can't do the math, as to where this poor five week old puppy bitch's life is leading?

The cycle continues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottenVonSpotten View Post
I agree with Meadowcat. I would never intentionally and willingly take on a puppy this young, especially with my recent experience with a dog purchased at 5 weeks. The dog has absolutely no bite inhibition and is a walking liability. Good luck, you'll need it.
Putting this here, in the teeny tiny hope OP will read, and use the information:

Bite Inhibition Article
__________________

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
―Cyril Connolly
RedFawnRising is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Jun 2008
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RedFawnRising For This Useful Post:
4Dobes (12-02-2012), Brianne29 (12-04-2012), dobedream (12-04-2012), DobieGal15 (12-04-2012), EmilyB (12-02-2012), Hilary (12-02-2012), Ojai Sho-Shawnee (12-03-2012), RottenVonSpotten (12-02-2012), Shell81 (12-02-2012), wantsaDobe (12-04-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #32 (permalink)
u mad?
 
PatchworkRobot's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,355
Location: Texas
Dogs Name: Rhapsody's Mystery of the Spanish Chest - "Dreizehn", Gaia's Bijort - "Ruthless"
Titles: UKC CH for Dreizehn, CGC for both, CA for both
Dogs Age: Born December 2010, July 2011
Gallery Pics: 5
Visit PatchworkRobot's Gallery
Thanks: 4,678
Thanked 15,702 Times in 4,538 Posts
Images: 5
PatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFawnRising View Post
And, note that the OP has bred dilute MinPins, mentions not a word about titling, has another young Doberman (male, I bet).

Anyone here who can't do the math, as to where this poor five week old puppy bitch's life is leading?

The cycle continues...
Ugh! I missed this. Perhaps my brain has just been far too overloaded in the two hours I've been awake that it decided not to add this to the pile of junk it's been taking in.


Wait, I know the response that's coming - "They were health tested" probably because they're just pet dogs and don't need titles (yes, I'm making assumptions).
To that I say this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffly Speaking: I don't want a show dog; I just want a pet
This is one of the most pervasive statements that puppy buyers, especially families, express when they're looking for a dog. What they really mean, of course, is that they don't want a show BREEDER- don't want to pay the high price they think show breeders charge, don't want to go through the often invasive interview process, and think that they can get a better deal because they can get a Lab for $150 or a Shepherd for $300.

I want you to change your mind. I want you to not only realize the benefits of buying a show-bred dog, I want you to INSIST on a show bred dog. And I want you to realize the cheap dog is really the one that's the rip-off. And then I want you to go be obnoxious, and when your co-worker says she's getting a puppy because her neighbor, who raises them, will give her one for free, or when your brother-in-law announces that he's buying a goldendoodle for the kids, I want you to launch yourself in to your solar plexus and steal their wallets and their car keys.

Here's why:

If I ask you why you want a German Shepherd, or a Maltese, or a Labrador, or a Leonberger, would bet you're not going to talk about how much you like their color. You're going to tell me things about personality, ability (to perform a specific task), relationship with other animals or humans, size, coat, temperament, and so on. You'll describe playing ball, or how affectionate and intelligent you've heard they are, or how well they get along with kids.

The things you will be looking for aren't the things that describe just "dog", they'll be the things that make this particular breed unique and unlike other breeds.

That's where people have made the right initial decision- they've taken the time and made the effort to understand that there are differences between breeds, and that they should get one that at least comes close to matching their picture of what they want a dog to be.

The next step, tragically, is that they go out and find a dog of that breed for as little money and with as much ease as possible.

You need to realize that when you do this, you're going to the used car dealership, WATCHING them pry the "Audi" plate off of a new car, observing them as they use bondo to stick it on a '98 Corolla, then writing them a check and feeling smug that you got an Audi for so little.

It's no bargain.

Those things that distinguish the breed you want from the generic world of "dog" are only there because someone worked really hard to get them there. And as soon as that work ceases, the dog, no matter how purebred, begins to revert to the generic. That doesn't mean you won't get a good dog- the magic and the blessing of dogs is that they are so hard to mess up, in their good souls and minds, that even the most hideously bred one can still be a great dog- but it will not be a great Shepherd, or a great Puli, or a great Corgi. You will not get the specialized abilities, tendencies, or talents of the breed.

If you don't NEED those specialized abilities or the predictability of a particular breed, you shouldn't be buying a dog at all. You should go rescue one. That way you are saving a life and not putting money in pockets where it doesn't belong.

If you want a purebred and know that a rescue is not going to fit the bill, the absolute WORST thing you can do is assume that a name equals anything. They really are nothing more than name plates on cars. What matters is whether the engineering and design and service department back up the name plate, so you have some expectation that you're walking away with more than a label.

Keeping a group of dogs looking and acting like their breed is hard, HARD work. If you do not get the impression that the breeder you are looking at is working that hard, is that dedicated to the breed, is struggling to produce dogs that are more than just a breed name, you are getting no bargain, you are only getting ripped off.
*Look at me, getting to post all my articles today.
RFR, have you seen the thread telling us what we can/can't or should/shouldn't say on the internet?
__________________


No dog is at fault for being born into this world.
PatchworkRobot is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Jan 2011
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PatchworkRobot For This Useful Post:
dobedream (12-04-2012), Rallypup87 (12-02-2012), RedFawnRising (12-02-2012), Rosemary (12-02-2012), RottenVonSpotten (12-02-2012), vivienne00 (12-02-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #33 (permalink)
Alpha
 
workingk9s's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,748
Location: Nor Cal
Dogs Name: Eva, Ija
Titles: Eva - SchH3, IPO3, AWD1, FH1, StPr 1, WAC, CD, RN. Ija - UKC Ch., BH, WAC
Dogs Age: Eva 8/04, Ija 10/2011
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit workingk9s's Gallery
Thanks: 5,878
Thanked 15,168 Times in 3,806 Posts
workingk9s has a reputation beyond reputeworkingk9s has a reputation beyond reputeworkingk9s has a reputation beyond reputeworkingk9s has a reputation beyond reputeworkingk9s has a reputation beyond reputeworkingk9s has a reputation beyond reputeworkingk9s has a reputation beyond reputeworkingk9s has a reputation beyond reputeworkingk9s has a reputation beyond reputeworkingk9s has a reputation beyond reputeworkingk9s has a reputation beyond repute
1. If you say you feel bad for the bitch who was being overbred, then why give this breeder money so he can breed her again and again and again and again and again. And after she is used up, another just like her. Used over and over and over and over and over agian.

2. 5 weeks is too young. It really doesn't matter that the bitch seems uninterested. The puppies don't need her at this age. They need each other. They learn all kinds of really important things that you just won't be able to replicate as well.

Oh wait... if the breeder doesn't have them until 8 weeks then they don't have to pay to feed them. They won't have to clean up after them. And they won't have to vaccinate them. There seems to be a price incentive to get people to take them too young. I would wonder what the breeder would say if you asked them to keep the litter together for another 3-4 weeks. I would bet they say no.

3. The reason that people are telling you to run and not walk away from this isn't because we don't like you. It isn't because we don't think this puppy will be cute. And it sure as hell isn't because we think that this puppy doesn't deserve a home.

It is because a lot of people here do a lot of stuff with the rescue groups. 99.99% of the rescues that go through are from breeders like this. Sure, you might be a good home. You might keep this puppy for its whole life and treat it well, but with this type of breeder there is less home screening. Got money? Got puppy.

Have you ever seen a 27lb dog that should be 65? HAve you ever seen what happens when a dog freezes to death? Ever wonder what it would be like to be so hungry that wire actually looks edible?

We do. And it sucks. And this breeder is the type that make more work for the rescues.

So think about it. Is this someone you want to support financially?
__________________

Erynn
workingk9s is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Mar 2008
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to workingk9s For This Useful Post:
4Dobes (12-02-2012), AgileDobe (12-02-2012), barb0604 (12-02-2012), BenVera (12-02-2012), Brianne29 (12-04-2012), dobebug (12-02-2012), dobedream (12-04-2012), donnatoldu2 (12-03-2012), eighmie (12-02-2012), EmilyB (12-02-2012), GingerGunlock (12-02-2012), Hank (12-02-2012), HarvestMoon (12-02-2012), Hilary (12-02-2012), JobeyV (12-02-2012), Kayree (12-04-2012), MeadowCat (12-02-2012), missabaldwin (12-02-2012), Nynaeve (12-03-2012), o0 sHaDoWoLf 0o (12-02-2012), Ojai Sho-Shawnee (12-03-2012), PatchworkRobot (12-02-2012), pdubois64 (12-02-2012), PortersMama (12-09-2012), PrairieGirl (12-04-2012), RedFawnRising (12-02-2012), Reznik (12-04-2012), Rosemary (12-02-2012), RottenVonSpotten (12-02-2012), Shell81 (12-02-2012), the_discowhore (12-02-2012), Thor_Red (12-04-2012), wantsaDobe (12-04-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #34 (permalink)
Shark Wrangler
 
Shell81's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,086
Location: Ontario, Canada
Dogs Name: Bruce (Dobe), Staghorn's Resusci Annie (Annie, Lab)
Titles: Bruce; CGN "Bruce the Jerk Dog"
Dogs Age: Bruce Sept 27/2012, Annie Jan 13/2008
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Shell81's Gallery
Thanks: 4,181
Thanked 2,817 Times in 831 Posts
Shell81 has a reputation beyond reputeShell81 has a reputation beyond reputeShell81 has a reputation beyond reputeShell81 has a reputation beyond reputeShell81 has a reputation beyond reputeShell81 has a reputation beyond reputeShell81 has a reputation beyond reputeShell81 has a reputation beyond reputeShell81 has a reputation beyond reputeShell81 has a reputation beyond reputeShell81 has a reputation beyond repute
The only dog I've ever owned that had aggression issues was taken from mom and littermates too soon. She came to our clinic at 5 weeks old by her new owner who just got her a few days before, and when she decided the puppy was too much work (and the BYB wouldn't take her back), she left her with us. We had a litter of pups (our clinic worked closely with the local K9 control, and often had their overflow) around 6 weeks old, and we kept Cash with them until 8 weeks hoping it would help in some small way. I then took her home, she was afraid of EVERYTHING, and would bite in response to that. I did everything right with her, training and socializing wise, but quite simply separating her so young created issues far too big for training and socializing. Her aggression got so bad that we ended up having to make heart breaking choice to euthanize her. She would just lunge for no reason/unprovoked, at us the people she "loved", and bite (it still haunts me to this day, my boss did all kinds of testing hoping it was something we could treat...it wasn't).

Long story short, the BYB and first "owner" of this dog failed her, big time. We did everything in our power to fix that, but it didn't work and it ultimately cost her her life (rehoming was not an option, I, and my ex husband were the only people she tolerated and was not afraid of, but even that was just barely).
Shell81 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Nov 2012
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Shell81 For This Useful Post:
4Dobes (12-02-2012), Brianne29 (12-04-2012), dobedream (12-04-2012), GingerGunlock (12-02-2012), Kayree (12-04-2012), RedFawnRising (12-02-2012), Rosemary (12-02-2012), RottenVonSpotten (12-02-2012), Sharly (12-02-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #35 (permalink)
Holier Than Now
 
RedFawnRising's Avatar
 
Posts: 21,324
Dogs Name: Whisper; George; Slick Wilhemina, Nashua
Titles: George-Working Service Dog
Dogs Age: 5 yr, 4 yr, 3 yr, 1yr
Gallery Pics: 3
Visit RedFawnRising's Gallery
Thanks: 67,814
Thanked 72,689 Times in 17,206 Posts
Images: 3
RedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond repute
Click here to find out how RedFawnRising became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingk9s View Post
1. If you say you feel bad for the bitch who was being overbred, then why give this breeder money so he can breed her again and again and again and again and again. And after she is used up, another just like her. Used over and over and over and over and over agian.

2. 5 weeks is too young. It really doesn't matter that the bitch seems uninterested. The puppies don't need her at this age. They need each other. They learn all kinds of really important things that you just won't be able to replicate as well.

Oh wait... If the breeder doesn't have them until 8 weeks then they don't have to pay to feed them. They won't have to clean up after them. And they won't have to vaccinate them. There seems to be a price incentive to get people to take them too young. I would wonder what the breeder would say if you asked them to keep the litter together for another 3-4 weeks. I would bet they say no.

3. The reason that people are telling you to run and not walk away from this isn't because we don't like you. It isn't because we don't think this puppy will be cute. And it sure as hell isn't because we think that this puppy doesn't deserve a home.

It is because a lot of people here do a lot of stuff with the rescue groups. 99.99% of the rescues that go through are from breeders like this. Sure, you might be a good home. You might keep this puppy for its whole life and treat it well, but with this type of breeder there is less home screening. Got money? Got puppy.

Have you ever seen a 27lb dog that should be 65? Have you ever seen what happens when a dog freezes to death? Ever wonder what it would be like to be so hungry that wire actually looks edible?

We do. And it sucks. And this breeder is the type that make more work for the rescues.

So think about it. Is this someone you want to support financially?
^^^x 1000
__________________

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
―Cyril Connolly
RedFawnRising is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Jun 2008
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RedFawnRising For This Useful Post:
barb0604 (12-02-2012), Brianne29 (12-04-2012), dobebug (12-02-2012), dobedream (12-04-2012), GingerGunlock (12-02-2012), o0 sHaDoWoLf 0o (12-02-2012), Reznik (12-04-2012), Rosemary (12-02-2012), Shell81 (12-02-2012), Thor_Red (12-04-2012), workingk9s (12-02-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #36 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
MeadowCat's Avatar
 
Posts: 13,645
Location: MN
Dogs Name: Shanoa; Richter (Glengate's Mountain Fortress CA WAC); RIP Simon
Titles: CGC, Daddy's herzhund; CA, WAC
Dogs Age: d.o.b 11/28/2008; d.o.b. 7/13/2012
Gallery Pics: 1
Visit MeadowCat's Gallery
Thanks: 34,827
Thanked 37,291 Times in 10,579 Posts
Images: 1
MeadowCat has a reputation beyond reputeMeadowCat has a reputation beyond reputeMeadowCat has a reputation beyond reputeMeadowCat has a reputation beyond reputeMeadowCat has a reputation beyond reputeMeadowCat has a reputation beyond reputeMeadowCat has a reputation beyond reputeMeadowCat has a reputation beyond reputeMeadowCat has a reputation beyond reputeMeadowCat has a reputation beyond reputeMeadowCat has a reputation beyond repute
Click here to find out how MeadowCat became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingk9s View Post
1. If you say you feel bad for the bitch who was being overbred, then why give this breeder money so he can breed her again and again and again and again and again. And after she is used up, another just like her. Used over and over and over and over and over agian.

2. 5 weeks is too young. It really doesn't matter that the bitch seems uninterested. The puppies don't need her at this age. They need each other. They learn all kinds of really important things that you just won't be able to replicate as well.

Oh wait... if the breeder doesn't have them until 8 weeks then they don't have to pay to feed them. They won't have to clean up after them. And they won't have to vaccinate them. There seems to be a price incentive to get people to take them too young. I would wonder what the breeder would say if you asked them to keep the litter together for another 3-4 weeks. I would bet they say no.

3. The reason that people are telling you to run and not walk away from this isn't because we don't like you. It isn't because we don't think this puppy will be cute. And it sure as hell isn't because we think that this puppy doesn't deserve a home.

It is because a lot of people here do a lot of stuff with the rescue groups. 99.99% of the rescues that go through are from breeders like this. Sure, you might be a good home. You might keep this puppy for its whole life and treat it well, but with this type of breeder there is less home screening. Got money? Got puppy.

Have you ever seen a 27lb dog that should be 65? HAve you ever seen what happens when a dog freezes to death? Ever wonder what it would be like to be so hungry that wire actually looks edible?

We do. And it sucks. And this breeder is the type that make more work for the rescues.

So think about it. Is this someone you want to support financially?
Wish I could multiple thank.
__________________

Richter & Shanoa
“What you do makes a difference,
and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”
― Jane Goodall
MeadowCat is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Apr 2009
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MeadowCat For This Useful Post:
Brianne29 (12-04-2012), dobedream (12-04-2012), GingerGunlock (12-02-2012), o0 sHaDoWoLf 0o (12-02-2012), RedFawnRising (12-02-2012), Reznik (12-04-2012), Rosemary (12-02-2012), workingk9s (12-02-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #37 (permalink)
MY BEST FRIEND
 
VZ-Doberman's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,957
Location: Delaware
Dogs Name: Briarwood Back To Basics aka Bacchus
Titles: Yes..........92 titles, awards and certificates and is a service dog.
Dogs Age: 6 Years
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit VZ-Doberman's Gallery
Thanks: 8,331
Thanked 14,649 Times in 4,534 Posts
VZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond repute
And once again......

A fool and his money yada yada yada.
VZ-Doberman is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Sep 2009
The Following User Says Thank You to VZ-Doberman For This Useful Post:
Brianne29 (12-04-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #38 (permalink)
Alpha
 
barb0604's Avatar
 
Posts: 841
Location: Southern California
Dogs Name: Juno, Rocky, Jewels, KC (RIP), Haili (RIP)
Titles: Queen Bee, Rockin' Buddy, Princess Shark, Best Buddy, BFF
Dogs Age: 7y, 5y, 2y, 7y, 7y
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit barb0604's Gallery
Thanks: 4,783
Thanked 3,156 Times in 667 Posts
barb0604 has a reputation beyond reputebarb0604 has a reputation beyond reputebarb0604 has a reputation beyond reputebarb0604 has a reputation beyond reputebarb0604 has a reputation beyond reputebarb0604 has a reputation beyond reputebarb0604 has a reputation beyond reputebarb0604 has a reputation beyond reputebarb0604 has a reputation beyond reputebarb0604 has a reputation beyond reputebarb0604 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, just Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine2011 View Post
Yes, she's a BYB and I dont like how she's overbred her bitch. However this is my puppy as of Saturday. I am not a BYB and I will love her and care of her through anything that comes our way.
Really? Your actions sure don't seem to support your words. Will you be breeding your girl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine2011 View Post
Last year, I finally broke down and got a male from another BYB, he has been to the vet, has been given a clean bill of health.
It's not all that impressive that a 17 month old Doberman has a clean bill of health. Is he neutered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine2011 View Post
I am not concerned about where she is coming from... if she were a 3 year old in a shelter and I were "rescuing" her with NO idea where she came from, then I would be saving her. I wanted a doberman to add to my family, I am getting her, and I know how to properly care for her. I am tryin to be proactive and get advice from others about how to introduce my other dobie to her, and getting nothing but slack about her breeder. If you dont want to help me, thats fine, just dont comment.
Your justification includes EIGHT references to yourself, so disappointing that all you care about is what YOU want.

BTW: You posted on a forum; you don't get to decide who responds to your post. In the future, I recommend that you research the manifesto of the forum you choose to join to ensure it fits with your beliefs of condemning Dobermans to dismal lives as cash-cows for BYB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine2011 View Post
If I dont buy this little girl, someone will, passing up on her will not change their ability to sell her. Dobermans are very rare in our area and sell quickly.
UGH! That does NOT make it right to fund a BYB business, which is exactly what you're doing. You already stated you did not agree with how many times the bitch has been bred, why on earth would you support a business like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valvo6 View Post
Is this site only for people who get their dogs from reputable breeders so they say or is it for anyone who owns a doberman regardless of where they got him/her from?
This site is for people that do not knowingly support BYB. Many of us have Dobermans from BYB that we purchased before we knew better. My KC is an example, and I've never felt that members look down on me for that or speak poorly of him. Perhaps that's because he's a neutered male bought before I knew better, and now that I know what it really means to purchase from a BYB, I would NEVER do that again.

The OP for this topic has already stated that they KNOW they're getting a Dobie from a BYB for a SECOND time....shame on them for knowingly supporting this type of breeding...

Last edited by barb0604; 12-02-2012 at 01:47 PM..
barb0604 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Jul 2010
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to barb0604 For This Useful Post:
4Dobes (12-02-2012), ACarrigDobermans (12-04-2012), BenVera (12-02-2012), dobedream (12-04-2012), eighmie (12-02-2012), EmilyB (12-02-2012), GingerGunlock (12-02-2012), HarvestMoon (12-02-2012), JobeyV (12-02-2012), Nynaeve (12-03-2012), Rallypup87 (12-02-2012), RedFawnRising (12-02-2012), Rosemary (12-02-2012), Sharly (12-02-2012), Shell81 (12-02-2012), wantsaDobe (12-04-2012), Whiskey (12-04-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #39 (permalink)
MY BEST FRIEND
 
VZ-Doberman's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,957
Location: Delaware
Dogs Name: Briarwood Back To Basics aka Bacchus
Titles: Yes..........92 titles, awards and certificates and is a service dog.
Dogs Age: 6 Years
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit VZ-Doberman's Gallery
Thanks: 8,331
Thanked 14,649 Times in 4,534 Posts
VZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond repute
Raine2011..

FYI, you are officially part of the problem. You and the byb you are financing bear full responsibility for the product that gets pumped out.

They make it...you buy it. If it weren't for people like you there would be no bybs.

From the day you bring your puppy home, every time you look at it think about the next crop that is being produced because you became a partner with a byb.

It is wrong to support a byb. You know this. Yet you will pay for more misery to be made. You.....not someone else...you.
VZ-Doberman is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Sep 2009
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to VZ-Doberman For This Useful Post:
4Dobes (12-02-2012), Brianne29 (12-04-2012), dobedream (12-04-2012), DobieGal15 (12-04-2012), missabaldwin (12-02-2012), Rallypup87 (12-02-2012), Rosemary (12-02-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 02:02 PM   #40 (permalink)
Back Off
 
Asmit's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,721
Location: Knoxville, TN
Dogs Name: Zeus, Ascomannis Tarzan
Titles: Zeus:CGC TDI BH Argo: BH CGC IPO 1 Kovu: BH
Dogs Age: 5
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Asmit's Gallery
Thanks: 4,131
Thanked 4,404 Times in 1,340 Posts
Asmit has a reputation beyond reputeAsmit has a reputation beyond reputeAsmit has a reputation beyond reputeAsmit has a reputation beyond reputeAsmit has a reputation beyond reputeAsmit has a reputation beyond reputeAsmit has a reputation beyond reputeAsmit has a reputation beyond reputeAsmit has a reputation beyond reputeAsmit has a reputation beyond reputeAsmit has a reputation beyond repute
If you feel that the breeder is truly concerned about the puppies and worried about their well-being, why don't you recommend she turn them over to the doberman rescue? They will be able to take the puppies and properly deal with them, find them all good loving homes and insure that they have the best start (or whats left of it atleast) to having a happy life. There are many people who want to rescue doberman puppies, that she should not be worried about the puppies 'being put down' etc. A local doberman rescue here has a litter of puppies currently, and even though they are dilutes, the rescue has had tons of inquiries and interest. I'm sure by the time they are 8 weeks old, they will all be happy healthy and spoken for.

Honestly, I doubt the breeder would sacrifice their 'pay checks' in order to do this, but if the breed is truely concerned with the puppies surviving, you might inform her of this option.
Asmit is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Nov 2011
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Asmit For This Useful Post:
4Dobes (12-02-2012), dobedream (12-04-2012), MeadowCat (12-02-2012), Rosemary (12-02-2012), RottenVonSpotten (12-02-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #41 (permalink)
Alpha
 
Rallypup87's Avatar
 
Posts: 179
Location: Kansas
Dogs Name: Jager
Dogs Age: 8 weeks
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Rallypup87's Gallery
Thanks: 321
Thanked 284 Times in 92 Posts
Rallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud of
RUN! do not walk away from this breeder and puppy, just RUN! It's not too late the back out on the deal, you do not have the puppy yet. People on here are just trying to help you and your dog. bringing home yet another byb pup is NOT a good idea.
__________________
Rallypup87 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Dec 2011
Old 12-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #42 (permalink)
Alpha
 
CactusGirl's Avatar
 
Posts: 178
Location: Arizona
Dogs Name: None yet! Bunny's name is Dusk

Gallery Pics: 1
Visit CactusGirl's Gallery
Thanks: 336
Thanked 434 Times in 142 Posts
Images: 1
CactusGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCactusGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCactusGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCactusGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCactusGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCactusGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCactusGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCactusGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCactusGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCactusGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCactusGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine2011 View Post
Dobermans are very rare in our area and sell quickly. [snip]... If my vet finds any reasons for concern, then I would return her to the breeder.
Obviously, Dobes aren't "very rare" in your area, because at least three posters came up with the name of a respected, reputable breeder pretty darn quickly. And that info was public record on at least one major Doberman website.

And yeah, sure, you can try and return her to the breeder. Of course, that's if the breeder will take her back. And, of course, that ruins your justification for taking her. Of course, a vet isn't likely to find much wrong with a 5 week old pup (except the whole *it's potentially illegal to buy a puppy that young* thing). Most health problems, including CDA in dilutes, don't generally show up until after age 2. But you probably know that already.
CactusGirl is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Jan 2012
Old 12-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #43 (permalink)
Lil Dog
 
Posts: 61
Dogs Name: Dobes: Diesel & Deja, Minpins: Tequila & Aspen
Dogs Age: 2 yrs, 7 mo, 9 yrs, 4yrs
Gallery Pics: 2
Visit Raine2011's Gallery
Thanks: 25
Thanked 21 Times in 12 Posts
Images: 2
Raine2011 will become famous soon enoughRaine2011 will become famous soon enough
I did talk to the breeder this morning and she has agreed to keep the puppies together until 12/24.

I'm done with this post because its been nothing but a lashing out and not much real help with my original question. I thank those that have taken the time to actually answer my question.

Last edited by Raine2011; 12-02-2012 at 03:14 PM..
Raine2011 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Sep 2011
Old 12-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #44 (permalink)
Alpha
 
Rallypup87's Avatar
 
Posts: 179
Location: Kansas
Dogs Name: Jager
Dogs Age: 8 weeks
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Rallypup87's Gallery
Thanks: 321
Thanked 284 Times in 92 Posts
Rallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine2011 View Post
I'm done with this post because its been nothing but a lashing out and not much real help with my original question.
No one was "lashing out". they have all been trying to help you. the fact that you are STILL going through with buying a possibly unhealthy pup from a byb is baffling to me.
__________________
Rallypup87 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Dec 2011
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rallypup87 For This Useful Post:
4Dobes (12-02-2012), GingerGunlock (12-02-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #45 (permalink)
Alpha
 
Hank's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,542
Location: Nor Cal
Dogs Name: Hank (RIP 1/11), Bronson

Gallery Pics: 9
Visit Hank's Gallery
Thanks: 837
Thanked 2,714 Times in 940 Posts
Images: 9
Hank has a reputation beyond reputeHank has a reputation beyond reputeHank has a reputation beyond reputeHank has a reputation beyond reputeHank has a reputation beyond reputeHank has a reputation beyond reputeHank has a reputation beyond reputeHank has a reputation beyond reputeHank has a reputation beyond reputeHank has a reputation beyond reputeHank has a reputation beyond repute
Click here to find out how Hank became a supporter
If you do not agree with the breeding practices of a breeder and you fund their breeding practices anyway, there is something wrong with you.
You need to stop caring about what YOU want, and start carrying about those puppies, and those dogs being bred repeatedly
__________________
Hank is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Apr 2010
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hank For This Useful Post:
DobieGal15 (12-04-2012), Rallypup87 (12-02-2012), RedFawnRising (12-02-2012), wantsaDobe (12-04-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #46 (permalink)
Lil Dog
 
Posts: 61
Dogs Name: Dobes: Diesel & Deja, Minpins: Tequila & Aspen
Dogs Age: 2 yrs, 7 mo, 9 yrs, 4yrs
Gallery Pics: 2
Visit Raine2011's Gallery
Thanks: 25
Thanked 21 Times in 12 Posts
Images: 2
Raine2011 will become famous soon enoughRaine2011 will become famous soon enough
And for those that assume I will be breeding my dobes. My male IS neutered. And my minpins are retired, I've never overbred my dogs. My puppies were always sold microchipped, on a contract, and with lifetime support and I carry a lifetime return on any of my puppies. I still stay in contact with the people that bought pups from my very first litter and they are both doing great, happy, healthy dogs in wonderful homes. I have never been interested in showing my dogs because I am not interested in that. Aspen, being dilute, wouldn't even be showable.

I wanted a doberman in my family and I don't feel that you need to pay thousands to have a good dog. Diesel is a great dog, I still keep in contact with his breeder and they havent had any puppies since Diesel's litter. I'm not dealing with puppy mills, they aren't turning out puppy after puppy nonstop.

I did say the bitch was overbred because honestly I dont feel any dog should be bred more than 3 times in their lifetime. Tequila has had 3 litters, she is retired, and is 8 1/2 years old. Aspen has had 1 litter, she is retired, and is 4 1/2 years old. Tequila was retired because I refuse to overbreed her. Aspen was retired due to a lack of good homes available in this area of the country.

I'm sure some of you will cut this post up and attack it all to hell. But save yourself the time because I will not be wasting my time reading it.

I hope you all enjoy your "PERFECT" dogs, and live forever in your "PERFECT" little worlds with sunshine and daises everywhere you go. I hope your happy to have chased away another member... who knows maybe I could made some friends here. Unfortunately nobody really wanted to actually take the time to get to know me, Judge, Jury, and executioner!!
Raine2011 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Sep 2011
Old 12-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #47 (permalink)
Toorc the Dork
 
Sharly's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,012
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Dogs Name: Toorc
Titles: Gentleman In Training
Dogs Age: 1 Year
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Sharly's Gallery
Thanks: 1,887
Thanked 1,336 Times in 512 Posts
Sharly has a reputation beyond reputeSharly has a reputation beyond reputeSharly has a reputation beyond reputeSharly has a reputation beyond reputeSharly has a reputation beyond reputeSharly has a reputation beyond reputeSharly has a reputation beyond reputeSharly has a reputation beyond reputeSharly has a reputation beyond reputeSharly has a reputation beyond reputeSharly has a reputation beyond repute
There are so many people here that have traveled distances to get their dobe puppy from a reputable breeder. Getting one from a byb just because it's convenient is a terribly poor alternative. And ignoring the suggested breeder given to you is unfortunate.


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Sharly is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: May 2009
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sharly For This Useful Post:
AlyssaN (12-02-2012), Rallypup87 (12-02-2012), wantsaDobe (12-04-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #48 (permalink)
Alpha
 
Rallypup87's Avatar
 
Posts: 179
Location: Kansas
Dogs Name: Jager
Dogs Age: 8 weeks
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Rallypup87's Gallery
Thanks: 321
Thanked 284 Times in 92 Posts
Rallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine2011 View Post
And for those that assume I will be breeding my dobes. My male IS neutered. And my minpins are retired, I've never overbred my dogs. My puppies were always sold microchipped, on a contract, and with lifetime support and I carry a lifetime return on any of my puppies. I still stay in contact with the people that bought pups from my very first litter and they are both doing great, happy, healthy dogs in wonderful homes. I have never been interested in showing my dogs because I am not interested in that. Aspen, being dilute, wouldn't even be showable.

I wanted a doberman in my family and I don't feel that you need to pay thousands to have a good dog. Diesel is a great dog, I still keep in contact with his breeder and they havent had any puppies since Diesel's litter. I'm not dealing with puppy mills, they aren't turning out puppy after puppy nonstop.

I did say the bitch was overbred because honestly I dont feel any dog should be bred more than 3 times in their lifetime. Tequila has had 3 litters, she is retired, and is 8 1/2 years old. Aspen has had 1 litter, she is retired, and is 4 1/2 years old. Tequila was retired because I refuse to overbreed her. Aspen was retired due to a lack of good homes available in this area of the country.

I'm sure some of you will cut this post up and attack it all to hell. But save yourself the time because I will not be wasting my time reading it.

I hope you all enjoy your "PERFECT" dogs, and live forever in your "PERFECT" little worlds with sunshine and daises everywhere you go. I hope your happy to have chased away another member... who knows maybe I could made some friends here. Unfortunately nobody really wanted to actually take the time to get to know me, Judge, Jury, and executioner!!
So! the TRUTH comes out then...you DO breed dogs...figures. Why am I not surprised?

Dilutes ARE showable, people do it all the time and have successful careers.

No one said anyone was perfect but the fact that you continue to ignore good, solid advice is your OWN fault.
__________________

Last edited by Rallypup87; 12-02-2012 at 03:51 PM..
Rallypup87 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Dec 2011
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rallypup87 For This Useful Post:
Brianne29 (12-04-2012), wantsaDobe (12-04-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #49 (permalink)
Alpha
 
Posts: 205

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit 4Dobes's Gallery
Thanks: 412
Thanked 475 Times in 139 Posts
4Dobes has a reputation beyond repute4Dobes has a reputation beyond repute4Dobes has a reputation beyond repute4Dobes has a reputation beyond repute4Dobes has a reputation beyond repute4Dobes has a reputation beyond repute4Dobes has a reputation beyond repute4Dobes has a reputation beyond repute4Dobes has a reputation beyond repute4Dobes has a reputation beyond repute4Dobes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine2011 View Post

I hope you all enjoy your "PERFECT" dogs, and live forever in your "PERFECT" little worlds with sunshine and daises everywhere you go. I hope your happy to have chased away another member... who knows maybe I could made some friends here. Unfortunately nobody really wanted to actually take the time to get to know me, Judge, Jury, and executioner!!
Aaargh.
Live with our perfect dogs. Our perfect little world !! If only.
I have 3 BYB rescues.
One is recovering from a £3k operation and due to have another op before Christmas !!
One has severe reactive behavioural problems
the other has very bad conformation, god knows what her future life will be like.
But yes we always look for the sunshine and daisies !!

Sorry but it's you who isn't sticking around to get to know about us,
We are the ones who care about the breed and pick up the pieces.

Over 90% of the dogs I assess before they can go into rescue come from BYB.
I'm astounded you can't understand why we are all trying to help you.





Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
4Dobes is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Nov 2012
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to 4Dobes For This Useful Post:
BenVera (12-02-2012), Brianne29 (12-04-2012), dobedream (12-04-2012), DobieGal15 (12-04-2012), ellenm (12-02-2012), JobeyV (12-03-2012), missabaldwin (12-02-2012), Rallypup87 (12-02-2012), RedFawnRising (12-02-2012), wantsaDobe (12-04-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #50 (permalink)
Lil Dog
 
Posts: 61
Dogs Name: Dobes: Diesel & Deja, Minpins: Tequila & Aspen
Dogs Age: 2 yrs, 7 mo, 9 yrs, 4yrs
Gallery Pics: 2
Visit Raine2011's Gallery
Thanks: 25
Thanked 21 Times in 12 Posts
Images: 2
Raine2011 will become famous soon enoughRaine2011 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallypup87 View Post
So! the TRUTH comes out then...you DO breed dogs...figures. Why am I not surprised?

Dilutes ARE showable, people do it all the time and have successful careers.

No one said anyone was perfect but the fact that you continue to ignore good, solid advice is your OWN fault.
The truth comes out? Really? Go back to post#12, I didnt hide the fact that I've raised litters of pups. and I DID breed dogs, we havent had a litter here for over 3 years.
Raine2011 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Sep 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0 Beta 2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.
@2005 - 2008 DobermanTalk.com
PetGuide.com
Basset.net DobermanTalk.com GoldenRetrieverForum.com OurBeagleWorld.com
BoxerForums.com DogForums.com GoPitbull.com PoodleForum.com
BulldogBreeds.com FishForums.com HavaneseForum.com SpoiledMaltese.com
CatForum.com GermanShepherds.com Labradoodle-dogs.net YorkieForum.com
Chihuahua-People.com RetrieverBreeds.com