A raw diet provides a range of benefits that commercial dog diets can never hope to even closely match.
These benefits include:
1. no doggy odour
2. naturally cleans teeth - no need for toothbrushes, de-scaling jobs, or gum disease
3. the time it takes for a dog to chew a raw meaty bones give their stomach adequate time to get the acids moving
4. much less stools produced - and they are firm, and turn chalky after a couple of days
5. decreased or non-existant vet bills (your dogs are healthier!) 6. less cost for dog food - commercial dog foods are ludicriously expensive
7. mirrors what a dog would be getting in the wild - and certainly even the modern day dog has a digestive tract exactly the same as a wolf
8. puppies develop at a more appropriate rate -and quick growth spurts are avoided. A GOOD breeder will want to stop fast growth in any pup.
9. the ripping and chewing involved in eating raw meaty bones develops the jaw, neck, and shoulder muscles of the dog. Commercial dog foods will never assist in this important muscle development.
People who have switched their dogs to a raw diet from commercial dog foods have found the following:
dogs who were previously un-energetic, and sluggish become completely new dogs once the raw diet feeding begins
allergies their dogs previously had on commercial foods, disappear once they start with the raw diet
arthritis has significantly reduced or disappeared in some dogs switched to raw
better weight control
no more doggy odour!
their dogs are living longer on a raw diet than what their other dogs previously had survived on commercial dog foods
that their bitches managed their pregnancies better better weight and survival figures in puppies Raw Feeding FAQ