I wanna tell the world that i'm giving up! (housebreaking) - Page 5 - Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums

Puppy Corner Everything Puppy related goes here

DobermanTalk.com is the premier Doberman Dog Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #101 (permalink)
Big Dog
 
Posts: 93
Location: Maryland
Dogs Name: Jayda, Bronson
Titles: Not offically :)
Dogs Age: 7yrs, 14wks
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Jayda+Bronson's Gallery
Thanks: 8
Thanked 33 Times in 23 Posts
Jayda+Bronson is infamous around these partsJayda+Bronson is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
Better!
Aww, i love making people write my dogs names! You people are ridicoulously- funny.

How come you can say what you want and it ok! I get put on a list? DId i ask for support? The very first thing i wrote was this "This is gonna get alot of people upset....

I, my mom and my sister have always used the same method to house train our dogs. All of our dogs were basically house trained by six months and we used the stick -his - nose- near-it method, follwed by yelling at them as we put them in the cage. After i pick it up or clean it, i go up to the cage and show it again. Whenever they, or he would wine, i would say " NO, im still mad at you!". When i let them out the kennel, instead of going directly out side, i love on them, always. In hopes that if they remembered i was mad and screaming at them earlier, and now Im not, I feel they soon see the pattern, and what makes me yell at them. Thats why I still go outside with him and whenever he release or tinkle I get all excited saying good boy and even start running around with him. Bronson is almost 4 months and hasnt had an accident for four days ( fingers-crossing.) However, the very few time he did, it mostly was my fault and therefore wouldnt yell, but simply put him in his cage. Jayda is house trained of course and went through the same routine. I do not see a problem with that method. Do you not ever yell at your kids every once in a while? Please no bashing, just stating my opinion. Moreso because im new on here too and WOW! There are some complete hypocrites in here! I cant believe you guys are attacking her like that, what wrong with ya'll? Over-reacting, being dramatic? Thats what some of ya'll are being, not her, thats rude. Its just like everything else in this world, there's always someone at something that thinks that everything make sense their way and everything else is considered ignorant. Do you know how many dogs I had to save from people who preach the same nonsense some have spoken on here)? Prime example, my old boss. Who told me I was "stupid for watching a presa canero for a friend going away to college, there stupid and vicious and your not smart to have one". I quit there 3 months later. About 2 months after that, mind you she had 9 dogs: german shephard, golden retriever, standard poodle, chi-chi, pom, pit( ya see!), french bulldog, shih tzu, a goldendoodle and 4 cats, she came to my job at the vet, on a day i wasnt working and surrendered over the golden, chi-chi,pom, and GS. How dare she try constantly to make me feel bad about my decision, when she doesnt have her stuff together. Point is, pay it no mind, they just glad they have a reason to think their proving a point.




My replies were: Are you really advocating the "rub nose in poop" training? Yes, people are going to think your training methods are outdated (at best)

Seriously, though... People still do that? Do you clean your dog afterwards, or just live with **** nose in the house? How is this even a viable option?

HOW HARD IS IT TO PUT PUPPY ON A SCHEDULE AND CRATE TRAIN?


1ST TIME I SAID I NEVER RUB NOSE IN STOOL. EVER

Talk about hypocrisy...

Does your breeder know that you're doing that to your puppies? WOW.


Btw, it's German Shepherd.

Please, educate yourself on proper housetraining methods:

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals...g_puppies.html


WHAT AM I DOING TO HIM? PLEASE TELL ME? IS IT THAT BAD THAT I NEED TO EDUCATE MYSELF?! or a better way is" HEY JAYDA BRONSON DO YOU MIND LEARNING A DIFFERENT WAY FOR A CHANGE?". But no, this is what i get. A-hole, i know how to spell.

Originally Posted by Jayda+Bronson
IM not advocating it, Im saying I use it

Good on ya, I guess?

Yes, rubbing a puppy's face in **** is a better way to house train than a simple schedule and crate train. More fun for everyone involved, too. Does he struggle to get away from the feces, or willingly get his face smooshed in them? and as i stated i do not rub his face in it. This is why I said some people in here cant read and just want to attack me

Jeesus... I've used outdated training methods in the past that I'm not proud of, but this particular one is just SO stupid. ( there goes your word STUPID)



I'm done. The ones who dislike me for what ive written down, or mis-spelled, thats fine, really, all jokes asided... You guys should be more user friendly. I can see why in todays world why theres still so much conflicts. And how people like some on here can hold someone with great potential back. I came on here because i wanted to be apart of a community, not just so i can get ragged on as soon as i agree or disagree with someone. I loved dobermans my whole life and thought I loved everyone that owned one too. So when i saw this site i thought it'd be the perfect way to have a dobie family... Just like a family, everyones not gonna agree and everyone raises they're families different, but to me the family thats the strongest are the ones that doesnt judge. And this family is weak, quick to turn. Im glad I gave my opinion, to see that. No need to respond, just trying to see if its worth it to stay on here.... NO, really? Not in a rude way but if you think i have no place on here, let me know. Im not trying to be a thorn in any group side but nor do i want one on mines. Im never trying to give advice but only my opinion.

Im not mad, angry, or irritated anymore so please be the same if you have the erge to write back. I dont feel like i really did that much to gain enemies but i dont want to stay here if thats what I have. I had SOO many ideas i wanted to share with you guys, not even doberman related... f it.

Last edited by Jayda+Bronson; 11-12-2012 at 09:51 AM..
Jayda+Bronson is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Join Date: Oct 2012
The Following User Says Thank You to Jayda+Bronson For This Useful Post:
SpaceCowboy (11-12-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-12-2012, 09:26 AM   #102 (permalink)
Way to Tall
 
RedMaro's Avatar
 
Posts: 384
Location: Overland Park, KS
Dogs Name: Raven
Titles: Master Gasser
Dogs Age: 22
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit RedMaro's Gallery
Thanks: 211
Thanked 523 Times in 184 Posts
RedMaro has a reputation beyond reputeRedMaro has a reputation beyond reputeRedMaro has a reputation beyond reputeRedMaro has a reputation beyond reputeRedMaro has a reputation beyond reputeRedMaro has a reputation beyond reputeRedMaro has a reputation beyond reputeRedMaro has a reputation beyond reputeRedMaro has a reputation beyond reputeRedMaro has a reputation beyond reputeRedMaro has a reputation beyond repute
Click here to find out how RedMaro became a supporter
What a waste of ten pages.


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
__________________

"Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about puppies."
Gene Hill

Baby Crow, Raven
RedMaro is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Join Date: Sep 2011
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RedMaro For This Useful Post:
BenVera (11-12-2012), Brandy&Melanie (11-12-2012), DobbieLovie (11-12-2012), monicaei (11-12-2012), Okie-dobie (11-14-2012), p8ballmom (11-12-2012), Rallypup87 (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #103 (permalink)
sweep the leg
 
Hilary's Avatar
 
Posts: 926
Location: San Antonio, TX
Dogs Name: Sunking's An Affair to Remember "Rémy"
Dogs Age: Born April 17, 2012 (Tax Day, perfect for a Doberman!)
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Hilary's Gallery
Thanks: 2,131
Thanked 1,917 Times in 656 Posts
Hilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayda+Bronson View Post
Aww, i love making people write my dogs names! You people are ridicoulously- funny. Its the only reason i keep adding more post.
I said a prayer for them too, that must make you plain giddy!

I won't waste my breath telling you that because some antiquated method *works* for you doesn't mean it's the best way to accomplish a desired behavior. There are better, intelligent methods that work and make for a happier pup. You obviously don't care and want to be old school about it.

Ignorance is bliss and you seem to be rolling in it.

Carry on.

PS. Neuter your dog
Hilary is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Join Date: May 2012
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hilary For This Useful Post:
BenVera (11-12-2012), Brandy&Melanie (11-12-2012), GrdnDelite (11-12-2012), hjgrl (11-12-2012), Okie-dobie (11-12-2012), p8ballmom (11-12-2012), RedFawnRising (11-12-2012), Rosemary (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #104 (permalink)
sweep the leg
 
Hilary's Avatar
 
Posts: 926
Location: San Antonio, TX
Dogs Name: Sunking's An Affair to Remember "Rémy"
Dogs Age: Born April 17, 2012 (Tax Day, perfect for a Doberman!)
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Hilary's Gallery
Thanks: 2,131
Thanked 1,917 Times in 656 Posts
Hilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayda+Bronson View Post
I'm done. The ones who dislike me for what ive written down, or mis-spelled, thats fine, really, all jokes asided... You guys should be more user friendly. I can see why in todays world why theres still so much conflicts. And how people like some on here can hold someone with great potential back. I came on here because i wanted to be apart of a community, not just so i can get ragged on as soon as i agree or disagree with someone. I loved dobermans my whole life and thought I loved everyone that owned one too. So when i saw this site i thought it'd be the perfect way to have a dobie family... Just like a family, everyones not gonna agree and everyone raises they're families different, but to me the family thats the strongest are the ones that doesnt judge. And this family is weak, quick to turn. Im glad I gave my opinion, to see that. No need to respond, just trying to see if its worth it to stay on here.... NO, really? Not in a rude way but if you think i have no place on here, let me know. Im not trying to be a thorn in any group side but nor do i want one on mines. Im never trying to give advice but only my opinion.

Im not mad, angry, or irritated anymore so please be the same if you have the erge to write back. I dont feel like i really did that much to gain enemies but i dont want to stay here if thats what I have. I had SOO many ideas i wanted to share with you guys, not even doberman related... f it.
Alright, I'll bite.

Look, your endless rambling about how ganged-up on you feel is not doing you any favors. You are very new to this forum and in your first few posts/threads you throw out inflammatory comments, debunked training methods, incredibly flawed reasoning, attacking and insulting seasoned veterans and then try to excuse it by saying they get a pass to express their opinions but you don't? There are experts on this board that have been around this breed specifically for decades, in endless capacities (breeding, rescue, conformation, working, agility, etc...). So yeah, they get a pass to freely express their opinion because they are typically based in fact, sound reasoning, vast experience, breed acumen, and so on.

We don't know you. Much of what you say is crazy-talk. No one likes to get chewed out, even by internet strangers, but grow up and be accountable.

I doubt you'd go on a Kenmore forum and talk about how great beating your clothes on a rock by the river is for getting them clean. I mean, it works right? So it must be the best.

My advice to you - stick around, lurk, read on past threads and get to know the common contributers. If you stay quiet and just learn, I'm sure you too could be a valued poster to this board.
Hilary is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Join Date: May 2012
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hilary For This Useful Post:
BenVera (11-12-2012), Brandy&Melanie (11-12-2012), GingerGunlock (11-12-2012), InSearchOf (11-12-2012), monicaei (11-12-2012), Okie-dobie (11-12-2012), p8ballmom (11-12-2012), PatchworkRobot (11-12-2012), RedFawnRising (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #105 (permalink)
Big Dog
 
Posts: 93
Location: Maryland
Dogs Name: Jayda, Bronson
Titles: Not offically :)
Dogs Age: 7yrs, 14wks
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Jayda+Bronson's Gallery
Thanks: 8
Thanked 33 Times in 23 Posts
Jayda+Bronson is infamous around these partsJayda+Bronson is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
I said a prayer for them too, that must make you plain giddy!

I won't waste my breath telling you that because some antiquated method *works* for you doesn't mean it's the best way to accomplish a desired behavior. There are better, intelligent methods that work and make for a happier pup. You obviously don't care and want to be old school about it.

Ignorance is bliss and you seem to be rolling in it.

Carry on.

PS. Neuter your dog
I did not come on here expecting people to agree with me or whatever the case may be. It may be old school, but so what? I didnt expect this much and yes it is a waste of ten paper just like i may be a waste on here too is what im saying. I bet my dogs and yours are equally if not more as happy. How does someones methods justify how much their dogs are happy. How could you feel sorry for them when they are my world. How could you, just to make me feel like i'm a bad pet owner and that I cant allow no one to do.

I know for a fact, most of you are way older than me. Im 25, therefor what i've learned about house training I learned from my mother and father, and other friendly advice. You guys have had years to practice on different methods...

PS: thanks for that because I was still planning on doing it when he gets 18 months ( Neuter)



Do you guys like helping people, giving advice? Some of you are good at it but it seems like egos get in the way of the whole purpose of the question" to help someone out. I asked should I stay on here not as a joke, or another reason to call me a name, but because I may infact have a REAL SERIOUS question to ask one day, or just want to chat one day. I NEED to know if this is what I should be expecting... everytime. Its not healthy for me.
Jayda+Bronson is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Join Date: Oct 2012
Old 11-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #106 (permalink)
u mad?
 
PatchworkRobot's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,355
Location: Texas
Dogs Name: Rhapsody's Mystery of the Spanish Chest - "Dreizehn", Gaia's Bijort - "Ruthless"
Titles: UKC CH for Dreizehn, CGC for both, CA for both
Dogs Age: Born December 2010, July 2011
Gallery Pics: 5
Visit PatchworkRobot's Gallery
Thanks: 4,678
Thanked 15,702 Times in 4,538 Posts
Images: 5
PatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond reputePatchworkRobot has a reputation beyond repute
I thought you were done...?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayda+Bronson
I'm done.
__________________


No dog is at fault for being born into this world.
PatchworkRobot is online now  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Join Date: Jan 2011
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PatchworkRobot For This Useful Post:
AlyssaN (11-12-2012), Brandy&Melanie (11-12-2012), Jenn (11-12-2012), Okie-dobie (11-14-2012), p8ballmom (11-12-2012), RedFawnRising (11-12-2012), ZeldaRules (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #107 (permalink)
Big Dog
 
Posts: 93
Location: Maryland
Dogs Name: Jayda, Bronson
Titles: Not offically :)
Dogs Age: 7yrs, 14wks
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Jayda+Bronson's Gallery
Thanks: 8
Thanked 33 Times in 23 Posts
Jayda+Bronson is infamous around these partsJayda+Bronson is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
If you stay quiet and just learn, I'm sure you too could be a valued poster to this board.
OK, EndOfDiscussion. I'm over it. I liked it better when i wasnt a member and would just read anyway. should've did that in the begining. Its funny because all i wanted to do was stick up for spacecowboy and now im number #infamous DT user. Ill just stick with.

I apologize if I did insult someone, however if you insulted me first you deserved it.
Jayda+Bronson is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Join Date: Oct 2012
Old 11-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #108 (permalink)
Big Dog
 
Posts: 93
Location: Maryland
Dogs Name: Jayda, Bronson
Titles: Not offically :)
Dogs Age: 7yrs, 14wks
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Jayda+Bronson's Gallery
Thanks: 8
Thanked 33 Times in 23 Posts
Jayda+Bronson is infamous around these partsJayda+Bronson is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchworkRobot View Post
I thought you were done...?
I thought i was too
Jayda+Bronson is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Join Date: Oct 2012
Old 11-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #109 (permalink)
Alpha
 
monicaei's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,230

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit monicaei's Gallery
Thanks: 5,320
Thanked 9,084 Times in 2,896 Posts
monicaei has a reputation beyond reputemonicaei has a reputation beyond reputemonicaei has a reputation beyond reputemonicaei has a reputation beyond reputemonicaei has a reputation beyond reputemonicaei has a reputation beyond reputemonicaei has a reputation beyond reputemonicaei has a reputation beyond reputemonicaei has a reputation beyond reputemonicaei has a reputation beyond reputemonicaei has a reputation beyond repute
If I offended you, I apologize. You came on here and backed up a poster (who I now assume was just a troll) with a question about using a VERY outdated training method, basically saying "sure, this works". People on here looking for advice should get GOOD advice.

Can you housebreak a dog that way? IDK, never tried it. Should you when there are better, more appropriate ways? NO.

Don't give bad advice and you won't get jumped on. Not saying you cant expresss your opinion, just expect that people will tell you when you are wrong.
monicaei is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Join Date: Aug 2008
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to monicaei For This Useful Post:
barb0604 (11-12-2012), bean (11-13-2012), Brandy&Melanie (11-12-2012), GingerGunlock (11-12-2012), Jayda+Bronson (11-12-2012), Rosemary (11-12-2012), ZeldaRules (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #110 (permalink)
Big Dog
 
Posts: 93
Location: Maryland
Dogs Name: Jayda, Bronson
Titles: Not offically :)
Dogs Age: 7yrs, 14wks
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Jayda+Bronson's Gallery
Thanks: 8
Thanked 33 Times in 23 Posts
Jayda+Bronson is infamous around these partsJayda+Bronson is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monicaei View Post
If I offended you, I apologize. You came on here and backed up a poster (who I now assume was just a troll) with a question about using a VERY outdated training method, basically saying "sure, this works". People on here looking for advice should get GOOD advice.

Can you housebreak a dog that way? IDK, never tried it. Should you when there are better, more appropriate ways? NO.

Don't give bad advice and you won't get jumped on. Not saying you cant expresss your opinion, just expect that people will tell you when you are wrong.
Thank you. I 100% wasnt trying to enforce that method. He just stated how he used that method, and then i saw that people where bashing him and saying no one uses it and i just didnt want him to feel alone. Its not the best method thats out there i totally 100% agree to that. I just have short fuse when people tell me I am a certain way, and i know for a fact that im not. Im not trying to get evryone upset, even with my constant explaining, but thats just who i am as a person. If someone doesnt like somthing I said, I try to explain it to them more detailed so they know i didnt mean it that way...

I havent been on a forum in 8years+ and... just a lil shocked when i actually made a post. Im not use to people talking to me like that but i know none of yall mean any harm... your just trying to help. I understand, you want none of the bad habits on this forum and i can respect that, but tell me, in a nice way, before you start ridiculing me, please. I was only being a pain in the but about it because i was a lil ticked that it hapened when i asked for it not to.

And no, i dont really want to go because i got too excited over this d**n site just to walk away with my tail in between my legs.
Jayda+Bronson is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Join Date: Oct 2012
Old 11-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #111 (permalink)
Alpha
 
Posts: 1,722
Location: Southern Manitoba
Dogs Name: Murphy
Dogs Age: Born May 11, 2012
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit AlyssaN's Gallery
Thanks: 3,816
Thanked 2,898 Times in 1,103 Posts
AlyssaN has a reputation beyond reputeAlyssaN has a reputation beyond reputeAlyssaN has a reputation beyond reputeAlyssaN has a reputation beyond reputeAlyssaN has a reputation beyond reputeAlyssaN has a reputation beyond reputeAlyssaN has a reputation beyond reputeAlyssaN has a reputation beyond reputeAlyssaN has a reputation beyond reputeAlyssaN has a reputation beyond reputeAlyssaN has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by monicaei View Post
You came on here and backed up a poster (who I now assume was just a troll)
See, I think he sounds like a troll and in the beginning I assumed that's all he was, but based on his previous posts and the video of his dog running around in a tiny confinement I'm a little concerned that he's actually serious and obviously needs help.

Please sir, invest in a trainer to help you or look into no-kill shelters (I think you said you were in Mexico, I'm ignorant on the border-crossing laws there, but perhaps you could look into bringing your dog across). The shelter will have people that are experienced in rehoming dogs and will be able to find a perfect fit for him. If you're interested in the breed, look into obtaining one from a reputable breeder and do some research. You are not well equipped to give this dog what he needs. This is one of those "if you really care about him like you say you do than you will do what's right even when if it hurts you" cliche, after-school-special, cheesy moments.

Okay I'm done now.
AlyssaN is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Join Date: Jun 2012
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AlyssaN For This Useful Post:
BenVera (11-12-2012), monicaei (11-12-2012), RedFawnRising (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #112 (permalink)
Big Dog
 
Posts: 93
Location: Maryland
Dogs Name: Jayda, Bronson
Titles: Not offically :)
Dogs Age: 7yrs, 14wks
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Jayda+Bronson's Gallery
Thanks: 8
Thanked 33 Times in 23 Posts
Jayda+Bronson is infamous around these partsJayda+Bronson is infamous around these parts
I dont know what a troll is...? I guess like spam mail?
Jayda+Bronson is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Join Date: Oct 2012
Old 11-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #113 (permalink)
Holier Than Now
 
RedFawnRising's Avatar
 
Posts: 21,324
Dogs Name: Whisper; George; Slick Wilhemina, Nashua
Titles: George-Working Service Dog
Dogs Age: 5 yr, 4 yr, 3 yr, 1yr
Gallery Pics: 3
Visit RedFawnRising's Gallery
Thanks: 67,814
Thanked 72,689 Times in 17,206 Posts
Images: 3
RedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond repute
Click here to find out how RedFawnRising became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayda+Bronson View Post
Uhhh, didnt think Jayda+ Bronson was giving advice. WHats with all the attitude, and smart comments. The sarcasm in here is so deep and somewhat on the borderlines of bullying.... I was stating that I use the same method that spacecowboy said that YOU GUYS WERE THRASHING HIM FOR! And i dont like when people pick on someone, espically when that person is asking for help.

If i ask you, "who's a good ear cropper in NOrthern Virginia, Bronson 12 weeks next week?" And all i get is

Oh a responsible owner would've asked the breeder
Oh a retutable breeder would've given you that answer
Why didnt you use the one your breeder recommended


AND im like I did all that, just answer the damn question, I didnt ask for your opionion. Because then it turned topics. NOw we are arguing over WHY am I even GETTING HIS EARS CrOPPED.

I know they say that ONLINE your a winner, and real life your a LOSER. Ya like the fact you can say all of these things and never have to worry about CONFRONTATION. I wish someone would tell me im unfit to have my dogs ( that knew me) in my face. Any mean comment you throw will effect me none because i know who I am and that Im not a bad person or stupid for training them how I did.

Still Bronson's has no accident. Still goes to his leash when he needs to go or stands by back door. I dont even have to put him in his cage anymore

This way has become so accustom to me and works for me that I use it and barely have to.

I dont understand how people can be so rude and mean on here and dont forget, some smartassess on here, and i cant simply state that i have yelled at bronson before and had him inches away from his stool while training him and now he's house trained?

I think you guys are mad at the fact that i had success with that method therefore I WILL be someone that whenever someone ask what method I use, ILL be sure to tell them..

Oh, thats often, I work with dogs! Im a groomer and people ask me for advice and gives me many thanks. None of them every try to make me feel bad from giving advice. If they dont agree they dont agree, but leave it at that.
It bothers me so much to know you have people's pets in your care, as a groomer, and that you're so stubbornly stuck in thinking "your" way is best.

Please open your mind and embrace better and fairer methods, incorporate new information, and take on the philosophy that you can learn something new each and every year, about dogs--and become a better dog person in doing so.

That is what the "experts" do, continue learning, adapt their thinking, and explore newer, better methods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayda+Bronson View Post
Well thats good for you and Jewels. It doesnt have to be continued but who are you to tell people they shouldnt use that way. WHat are the disadvantages of it? Well, it sounded like I was suppose to be stupid according to what people say and think about me on here. And... I think and accept the fact that... people will never change THEIR ways. And if something works with you why change it? Because others tell them to? Yea, it may be better this way, but this way works best for me, this way is the way I know. I understand you think i am trying to recruit people to use to this method, I am not. However, if someone states that they do ( like SPACECOWBOYS) use that method, i think its of no concern to anyone else's opionion, if i simply state that I do as well.
Communication is a two-way street.

If you want to read in insults, you'll surely find them, whether they exist or not.

The way you're housetraining is not good. Knowledgeable folks are going to correct that, on a public forum.

Your overreaction makes you look less and less credible, but hey, maybe you do not care.

Let me give you another example.

There is a fly on your friend's forehead.

Being concerned about that fly, and wanting it gone, you grab a sledgehammer and WHACK that fly, killing it.

Do you think that accomplished getting rid of the fly? Well, yup.

Do you think that was a good method of getting rid of the fly?

Let's ask your friend, when they regain consciousness, if they liked the method, okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayda+Bronson View Post
Thank you. I 100% wasnt trying to enforce that method. He just stated how he used that method, and then i saw that people where bashing him and saying no one uses it and i just didnt want him to feel alone. Its not the best method thats out there i totally 100% agree to that. I just have short fuse when people tell me I am a certain way, and i know for a fact that im not. Im not trying to get evryone upset, even with my constant explaining, but thats just who i am as a person. If someone doesnt like somthing I said, I try to explain it to them more detailed so they know i didnt mean it that way...

I havent been on a forum in 8years+ and... just a lil shocked when i actually made a post. Im not use to people talking to me like that but i know none of yall mean any harm... your just trying to help. I understand, you want none of the bad habits on this forum and i can respect that, but tell me, in a nice way, before you start ridiculing me, please. I was only being a pain in the but about it because i was a lil ticked that it hapened when i asked for it not to.

And no, i dont really want to go because i got too excited over this d**n site just to walk away with my tail in between my legs.
It's entirely okay for someone who is mistreating--intentionally or not--a puppy, to "feel alone."

In fact, social sanction is one of the few effective ways to get people to stop acting like idiots.

There will always be some who will never change, who persist in remaining ignorant, but for the most part, when society and the community let someone know something is unacceptable, they will begin to modify their ways.

That will benefit the puppy, which is what folks here care about.

And, I'm saying this gently, since you can't hear "tone" over the 'webs...it's more than a tad arrogant of you to think you're so all-fired important that you are some kind of public enemy number one around here, ya know?

Just stick around and try to update your dog handling knowledge, and folks will soon forget about all the bruhaha.
__________________

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
―Cyril Connolly
RedFawnRising is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Join Date: Jun 2008
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RedFawnRising For This Useful Post:
AlyssaN (11-12-2012), barb0604 (11-12-2012), Brandy&Melanie (11-12-2012), brw1982 (11-12-2012), GrdnDelite (11-12-2012), My4BadDogs (11-12-2012), Okie-dobie (11-14-2012), p8ballmom (11-12-2012), ZeldaRules (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #114 (permalink)
ಠ_ಠ
 
falnfenix's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,426
Location: Baltimore
Dogs Name: Ripley; R.I.P. Deckard
Dogs Age: DOB 7/8/13
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit falnfenix's Gallery
Thanks: 9,883
Thanked 8,750 Times in 3,027 Posts
falnfenix has a reputation beyond reputefalnfenix has a reputation beyond reputefalnfenix has a reputation beyond reputefalnfenix has a reputation beyond reputefalnfenix has a reputation beyond reputefalnfenix has a reputation beyond reputefalnfenix has a reputation beyond reputefalnfenix has a reputation beyond reputefalnfenix has a reputation beyond reputefalnfenix has a reputation beyond reputefalnfenix has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayda+Bronson View Post
I dont know what a troll is...? I guess like spam mail?
Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
falnfenix is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Join Date: Feb 2012
Old 11-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #115 (permalink)
Alpha
 
Jennie ATX's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,568
Location: Texas
Dogs Name: Ziggy
Dogs Age: 6/6/09
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Jennie ATX's Gallery
Thanks: 1,089
Thanked 6,230 Times in 2,547 Posts
Jennie ATX has a reputation beyond reputeJennie ATX has a reputation beyond reputeJennie ATX has a reputation beyond reputeJennie ATX has a reputation beyond reputeJennie ATX has a reputation beyond reputeJennie ATX has a reputation beyond reputeJennie ATX has a reputation beyond reputeJennie ATX has a reputation beyond reputeJennie ATX has a reputation beyond reputeJennie ATX has a reputation beyond reputeJennie ATX has a reputation beyond repute
It's clear that you don't want to hear this SpaceCowboy, but I'm going to do it anyway. And yes I am really trying to give you sound advice and I'm not interested in insulting anyone.

You have read enough on this forum and elsewhere to know how to house-train a puppy. You know that when you're house-training a puppy you must keep an eye on it every second if you want to successfully be able to catch the puppy before/during an accident. When you CAN'T keep an eye on the puppy you must crate or confine it so that it physically cannot run around and have an accident indoors. And you know that if you DON'T catch the puppy in the act, it is really too late - getting angry only teaches the puppy that you're angry it eliminated. Puppies don't understand yet that it's about WHERE they go.

So, how is the outside any different? If you want to teach this pup to go in the right place, it cannot be allowed PHYSICAL ACCESS to your balcony unless you are THERE WITH IT. These are the same principles that one would apply to house-training. There is no magic cure, you must be CONSISTENT in everything you do.

As others have said, dobermans are indoor dogs and they should be indoors most of the time. You cannot teach a free-roaming, unsupervised (even for a short amount of time) dog where it should potty in the yard. Bring the dog into the house with you and let it out on a schedule. When you take him outside, put him on a leash and walk him to the potty area. Stay until he eliminates. Praise him, and either take him back into the house or leave him outside with your balcony blocked off. I know you said you like for the german shepherd to be able to access the entire yard but JUST FOR NOW, for the purposes of training the puppy, you are going to have to block his access to the balcony even if that means leaving the german shepherd in the rear part of the yard or having her in the house with you. This will hopefully be temporary until the pup learns where to eliminate every time.

Again you simply cannot allow a puppy access to a place where you don't want it to eliminate if you are not watching the dog. You wouldn't let a puppy roam free in the house if you were trying to house-train it. Puppies will go anywhere they feel the need to go. That is why we recommend confining the dog unless you can keep an eye on it.

I don't doubt your commitment to the dog and I suspect what's happening is that your mom isn't keeping as close an eye on him when he's outside as you are. Therefore it will be much easier for her, I think, to just make sure he cannot access the balcony rather than having to be outside with him all the time.

I do want to say that I think this will be much easier if you bring the dog indoors. This way you can leash the dog to take him outside to potty in the correct place, play with him once he does, leave him out there for a bit if you need to (with the balcony blocked off), then bring him back inside where he cannot access the balcony. THEN you can let the shepherd out where she can have full access to the yard. This is the fastest way to house-train a dog. My doberman was house-trained by 4 months old and was easier to house-train than any dog I ever owned.

Dobermans who are left outdoors the majority of the time become very unhappy and sometimes even dangerous dogs. They get bored, they dig, they can escape, they can get territorial or kill cats, etc. But mostly they are just very, very unhappy because they were bred to be with their owners, always. If that's not the kind of relationship that you want with a dog, then you shouldn't have a doberman. I know you clearly have a soft spot for the dog and you wanted to save its life which is very commendable of you. But it would not be a failure if you decided to contact a doberman rescue because you didn't really bargain on having a dog like a doberman. They need a LOT of interaction with their owners, my dogs are with me every second that I am home. Dobermans deserve that.
__________________

Ziggy - born 6/6/09

Last edited by Jennie ATX; 11-12-2012 at 12:15 PM..
Jennie ATX is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Join Date: Jun 2009
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Jennie ATX For This Useful Post:
AlyssaN (11-12-2012), barb0604 (11-12-2012), bean (11-13-2012), Beaumont67 (11-12-2012), blueberry (11-12-2012), Brandy&Melanie (11-12-2012), brw1982 (11-12-2012), Burns (11-12-2012), GingerGunlock (11-12-2012), GrdnDelite (11-12-2012), Hilary (11-12-2012), MissVan (11-14-2012), My4BadDogs (11-12-2012), Okie-dobie (11-12-2012), PatchworkRobot (11-12-2012), Rallypup87 (11-12-2012), RedFawnRising (11-12-2012), SpaceCowboy (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #116 (permalink)
Banned
 
Posts: 7,462
Location: TX
Dogs Name: Zelda(siberian husky), Optimus Prime(doberman)
Titles: CGC, Certified Therapy Dog
Dogs Age: 7, 4
Gallery Pics: 12
Visit ZeldaRules's Gallery
Thanks: 9,240
Thanked 21,075 Times in 5,362 Posts
Images: 12
ZeldaRules has a reputation beyond reputeZeldaRules has a reputation beyond reputeZeldaRules has a reputation beyond reputeZeldaRules has a reputation beyond reputeZeldaRules has a reputation beyond reputeZeldaRules has a reputation beyond reputeZeldaRules has a reputation beyond reputeZeldaRules has a reputation beyond reputeZeldaRules has a reputation beyond reputeZeldaRules has a reputation beyond reputeZeldaRules has a reputation beyond repute
Click here to find out how ZeldaRules became a supporter
I have reported j+b for specifically throwing out the "ahole" term when referring to people concerned with her treatment of her pets. I am also horrified that someone like her works with dogs and other's pets are entrusted with her care, and gives out this terrible advice to people with puppies. She may be a groomer, but great or positive dog trainer she is not. My oh my.
ZeldaRules is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Join Date: Aug 2009
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ZeldaRules For This Useful Post:
AlyssaN (11-12-2012), barb0604 (11-12-2012), Brandy&Melanie (11-12-2012), GingerGunlock (11-12-2012), My4BadDogs (11-12-2012), Okie-dobie (11-12-2012), p8ballmom (11-12-2012), Rallypup87 (11-12-2012), RedFawnRising (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #117 (permalink)
Alpha
 
waiting's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,558
Location: Ontario

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit waiting's Gallery
Thanks: 2,319
Thanked 1,148 Times in 670 Posts
waiting has a reputation beyond reputewaiting has a reputation beyond reputewaiting has a reputation beyond reputewaiting has a reputation beyond reputewaiting has a reputation beyond reputewaiting has a reputation beyond reputewaiting has a reputation beyond reputewaiting has a reputation beyond reputewaiting has a reputation beyond reputewaiting has a reputation beyond reputewaiting has a reputation beyond repute
I finally figured it out how you can get your outdoor deaf puppy to poop in the same area.
By geez you gave me the answer yourself cowboy, so you can pick up those cow patties from your large breed dog as you call your doberman whom your mother has a problem with and she just might like him better if he poops in the same area....as opposed to your small breed GSD..
As written by you:
the german shepherd bitch needs to go to the rear end of the backyard and eliminate by the designated spot ON HER OWN.

Take your pup to the past owner of the GSD and maybe she/he can train him to do that.

ha ha sorry couldn't help myself
waiting is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Join Date: Sep 2005
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to waiting For This Useful Post:
RedFawnRising (11-12-2012), Rosemary (11-12-2012), Whiskey (11-13-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #118 (permalink)
Alpha
 
Rallypup87's Avatar
 
Posts: 179
Location: Kansas
Dogs Name: Jager
Dogs Age: 8 weeks
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Rallypup87's Gallery
Thanks: 321
Thanked 284 Times in 92 Posts
Rallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud ofRallypup87 has much to be proud of
Is there a way Cowboy can be banned by the fact that he is a troll? Or does he actually have to break a rule? I'm so sick of hearing him talk out of his butt and act superior to the folks on here who I know are much more knowledgable. I appreciate everynes advice and constructive critisism here. He abviously doesn't want to hear it.
Rallypup87 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Join Date: Dec 2011
Old 11-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #119 (permalink)
Way to Tall
 
RedMaro's Avatar
 
Posts: 384
Location: Overland Park, KS
Dogs Name: Raven
Titles: Master Gasser
Dogs Age: 22
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit RedMaro's Gallery
Thanks: 211
Thanked 523 Times in 184 Posts
RedMaro has a reputation beyond reputeRedMaro has a reputation beyond reputeRedMaro has a reputation beyond reputeRedMaro has a reputation beyond reputeRedMaro has a reputation beyond reputeRedMaro has a reputation beyond reputeRedMaro has a reputation beyond reputeRedMaro has a reputation beyond reputeRedMaro has a reputation beyond reputeRedMaro has a reputation beyond reputeRedMaro has a reputation beyond repute
Click here to find out how RedMaro became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallypup87 View Post
Is there a way Cowboy can be banned by the fact that he is a troll? Or does he actually have to break a rule? I'm so sick of hearing him talk out of his butt and act superior to the folks on here who I know are much more knowledgable. I appreciate everynes advice and constructive critisism here. He abviously doesn't want to hear it.
Prolly not until he admits he is a troll. It is still highly possible that this is just him.

After seeing the quality of human beings in the world I consider this a high possibility.


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
__________________

"Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about puppies."
Gene Hill

Baby Crow, Raven
RedMaro is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Join Date: Sep 2011
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedMaro For This Useful Post:
Rallypup87 (11-12-2012), RedFawnRising (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #120 (permalink)
Alpha
 
monicaei's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,230

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit monicaei's Gallery
Thanks: 5,320
Thanked 9,084 Times in 2,896 Posts
monicaei has a reputation beyond reputemonicaei has a reputation beyond reputemonicaei has a reputation beyond reputemonicaei has a reputation beyond reputemonicaei has a reputation beyond reputemonicaei has a reputation beyond reputemonicaei has a reputation beyond reputemonicaei has a reputation beyond reputemonicaei has a reputation beyond reputemonicaei has a reputation beyond reputemonicaei has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMaro View Post
Prolly not until he admits he is a troll. It is still highly possible that this is just him.

After seeing the quality of human beings in the world I consider this a high possibility.


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
I think Rustyscat got banned for trolling, but I may be wrong.

He was the greatest troll we ever had, IMHO. This thread is good, but that guy was hall of fame. I miss him (and I'm being serious, he was a freaking HOOT)
monicaei is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Join Date: Aug 2008
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to monicaei For This Useful Post:
Brandy&Melanie (11-12-2012), GingerGunlock (11-12-2012), Hilary (11-12-2012), Rallypup87 (11-12-2012), Rosemary (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #121 (permalink)
sweep the leg
 
Hilary's Avatar
 
Posts: 926
Location: San Antonio, TX
Dogs Name: Sunking's An Affair to Remember "Rémy"
Dogs Age: Born April 17, 2012 (Tax Day, perfect for a Doberman!)
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Hilary's Gallery
Thanks: 2,131
Thanked 1,917 Times in 656 Posts
Hilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond reputeHilary has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by monicaei View Post
I think Rustyscat got banned for trolling, but I may be wrong.

He was the greatest troll we ever had, IMHO. This thread is good, but that guy was hall of fame. I miss him (and I'm being serious, he was a freaking HOOT)
That dude was great! I mean, really creative.
Hilary is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Join Date: May 2012
The Following User Says Thank You to Hilary For This Useful Post:
monicaei (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #122 (permalink)
Alpha
 
SpecialK's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,260
Location: NW suburbs, IL
Dogs Name: Bruda Weekend Warrior, aka "Rowan"; Bruda Pure Seduction, aka "Monroe"
Titles: UKC Ch, RN, TT, CGC, TDI; AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy
Dogs Age: DOB 2/11/11; DOB 12/12/12
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit SpecialK's Gallery
Thanks: 5,201
Thanked 7,324 Times in 1,643 Posts
SpecialK has a reputation beyond reputeSpecialK has a reputation beyond reputeSpecialK has a reputation beyond reputeSpecialK has a reputation beyond reputeSpecialK has a reputation beyond reputeSpecialK has a reputation beyond reputeSpecialK has a reputation beyond reputeSpecialK has a reputation beyond reputeSpecialK has a reputation beyond reputeSpecialK has a reputation beyond reputeSpecialK has a reputation beyond repute
Click here to find out how SpecialK became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
holy **** the ignorance just continues!!! I really can't believe it. I couldn't help but to smile after reading an unused method by PatchesMom that I will give a try, but seems like the rest of you just wanna continue on your high horse and not get off the tip. I keep hearing what I never said and it used against me. I am sorry but this is clearly ignorance at its best. People like this dude just ain't reading or listening to me. I clearly said I spend a huge amount of time when I am there outside with him and on the rare times I am not I make sure I can keep an eye on him from the window and all of a sudden this gets translated into me giving him MINIMAL time and ONCE EVERY BLUE MOON looking out the window? Mannnnn I am amazed, I really thought about the shelter idea but now its clear to me that some of you just dont read/understand the big picture, you all just hop onto the shelter bandwagon. Which makes me realize its not in your best interest to please me by providing useful suggestions. I though there was no other method other then crating and all of a sudden PatchesMom comes in with a different method, hahahha pathetic. Also I love how i'm also not educated enough to own a doberman or know nothing of the breed, when I clearly stated how I've read through various breed specific and deaf dog sites and books including every little section about the breed on this site before I even got him and even flipping through threads in this rather peculiar forum.

If he was scared to eliminate in front of me he wouldn't do so at all when I take him to the designated spot. So that is not it. Stop it. I also clearly stated I only stop him in mid potty and tell him a firm NO when it is done on the balcony. I didn't say my mother was frail, thanks for jumping to that conclusion, also hold on, let me pick up his waste for her cause its my responsibility while I am 30 miles away, oh almost done, let me just stretch out my super flexible hand. Ahh, there it is. nice and clean. I didnt bring him home, I only assumed the role as the primary taker as no one else would have as the decision to take him in was already made (once again not by me) and he would be in much worse/untrained condition if I hadn't, once again thanks for ignoring that insignificant bit. If I didn't know any better I would just conclude that some people have some sort of illness enabling them to only read what they wanna read and interpret it however they feel like and make me come out the horrible culprit that I clearly am for posting here asking for suggestions on how to go about educating him appropriately given my certain case. As I mentioned before, some of you just really need to find something better to do, like walk around your neighborhood and roam the city in search of abused dogs, rather than focusing all your hate an energy on an individual who is trying his best to deal with a deaf dog.

There is a gate separating the balcony area from the rear area which I use to separate them during feeding time and near his potty time, but It can't be kept closed at all times because as I also clearly mentioned, the german shepherd bitch needs to go to the rear end of the backyard and eliminate by the designated spot ON HER OWN. Once again thank you for taking the time to not not read carefully and understand where I am coming from. Other training methods available as that suggested by PatchesMom are still welcomed and will be commented on, unlike the rest of some of these "illiterate"(that may not be the word im looking for, but its got me thinking.) users. He has the runs every now and then, they are not consistent, however. I will still post a general outline of his schedule when it is finished. Thanks

P.S: One important bit, I stated that when I am not looking at him for 15 seconds he eliminates. This is not a matter of him not watching me look at him and choosing to eliminate. It is just random timing. When I can see him through the window, he can't see me most of the time. It is just his timing happens to be flawless? When I was washing the dishes watching him in the balcony, he was just sitting, I decide to walk to the trash can 10 seconds away and throw something away and I go back and look through the window and there is feces there. Once again, he did not know I was looking at him. Just his personal choice, also; why did everyone no one address how I mentioned that he just stopped and started peeing in front of me when I was walking him to the designated area. Once again my fault like everything else, surely?
(Sorry if anything I post has already been addressed/mentioned, I'm going cross-eyed reading this thread)--Bold mine.^^^

Some of my thoughts:
-It seems to me that others are not the only ones who "ain't reading or listening". Some useful advice has been given in this thread, which you continue to ignore.
-Do yourself a favor and if you would like to try to read or listen to what people are saying, understand the difference between a rescue and a shelter. Nowhere on this thread have I seen it recommended that you dump him in a shelter or euthanize him.
-It looks like you may be suffering from this "illness" as well.
-I typically do not spend time commenting on threads like this, because most of my free time is spent with my dogs or "roaming the city in search of abused dogs" (aka volunteering with my local rescue saving real dogs in need), but I just found myself frustrated over and over again reading all of the advice given and how you continue to argue and diminish all of the suggestions you were given.

My training advice: As with any training, consistency is key. If you are not there ALL OF THE TIME to teach the desired behavior and correct, you will have a hard time making it clear to your dog what you want. If you can't be outside with him ALL OF THE TIME, then he should not be there. As others have suggested, it would be helpful to bring him indoors and crate train. This would keep him from making "mistakes" about where you would like him to eliminate. Training works best when you set the dog up for success, not failure. IF you are not able to give him the time and training he needs and deserves, then yes, it sounds like working with a Doberman Rescue to rehome him is your best option. Sorry if you do not like my advice, but that is truly what it is, take it or leave it.
__________________

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." --Josh Billings

UKC Ch. Bruda Weekend Warrior, RN TT CGC TDI "Rowan"
Bruda Pure Seduction, S.T.A.R. Puppy "Monroe"
SpecialK is online now  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Join Date: Feb 2011
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (11-12-2012), BenVera (11-13-2012), GingerGunlock (11-12-2012), p8ballmom (11-13-2012), Rallypup87 (11-12-2012), RedFawnRising (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #123 (permalink)
BYB Hunter
 
Brandy&Melanie's Avatar
 
Posts: 923
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Dogs Name: Gentry's Pretty in Pink: "Molly", and Gentry's Brandy Alexander: "Brandy" CGN (RIP)
Titles: CGN (Brandy)
Dogs Age: 15 weeks, and 2 years (RIP)
Gallery Pics: 1
Visit Brandy&Melanie's Gallery
Thanks: 8,100
Thanked 1,873 Times in 574 Posts
Images: 1
Brandy&Melanie has a reputation beyond reputeBrandy&Melanie has a reputation beyond reputeBrandy&Melanie has a reputation beyond reputeBrandy&Melanie has a reputation beyond reputeBrandy&Melanie has a reputation beyond reputeBrandy&Melanie has a reputation beyond reputeBrandy&Melanie has a reputation beyond reputeBrandy&Melanie has a reputation beyond reputeBrandy&Melanie has a reputation beyond reputeBrandy&Melanie has a reputation beyond reputeBrandy&Melanie has a reputation beyond repute
Click here to find out how Brandy&Melanie became a supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayda+Bronson View Post
I know for a fact, most of you are way older than me. Im 25, therefor what i've learned about house training I learned from my mother and father, and other friendly advice. You guys have had years to practice on different methods...

I asked should I stay on here not as a joke, or another reason to call me a name, but because I may infact have a REAL SERIOUS question to ask one day, or just want to chat one day. I NEED to know if this is what I should be expecting... everytime. Its not healthy for me.
I am finally posting now, even though I was creeping this thread for days

Lol, my dad grew up with Dobermans, and I have had to correct him a lot, and I am the one that is new to the breed.

I didn't have "years" to practice different methods. I looked up the most efficient potty training tips on here before I got Brandy, only used that one, and now Brandy is housebroken.

An example of how DT works:

We don't "go after" all the people that have BYB dogs, or anything of the sort. We do not blame the dog, only the "greeder" themselves, and whoever defends them. Where we chime in, is when people start an argument about a topic that they aren't as well informed about (such as violently defending a BYB when they have no idea what a BYB really is).

It makes our blood pressure slightly elevate...
__________________
"Whenever I hear somebody talk about a horse being stupid, I figure it's a sure sign that the animal has somehow outfoxed them."
- Tom Dorrance

RIP Grandma Lois; the Doberman world will never be the same..


Doberman Club of Canada:
www.dpcc.ca
Brandy&Melanie is online now  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Join Date: Oct 2011
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brandy&Melanie For This Useful Post:
EmilyB (11-12-2012), Hilary (11-13-2012), Rallypup87 (11-12-2012), RedFawnRising (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #124 (permalink)
Revolution 1993
 
SpaceCowboy's Avatar
 
Posts: 26
Location: San Diego
Dogs Name: King Lucas Pifas III
Dogs Age: 4 months
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit SpaceCowboy's Gallery
Thanks: 13
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
SpaceCowboy is on a distinguished road
JennieATX, I appreciate your input and it definitely makes much more sense when put in such a nice and clear tone rather than the way the rest of these, excuse me again, "fools" went on about the situation (this is really the correct word to justify their behavior, maybe mine as well too, but they ain't too far behind). As I stated, whether they care to see it or not, they attacked me/my "methods" WHILE they threw out a humble suggestion IF THEY DID (not everyone did, *cough cough* monicaei) I'll make an effort to ask for some more days off and take him indoors when doing chores, but as I said, it wont be roses down on easy street seeing as he has shown no surefire way of telling me he wants to potty, however, he doesn't get the zoomies inside, so that might work a little to my favor. I will incorporate this along wit PatchesMom suggestion of having him tied to me with a 6ft leash.

For the off topic mumbo jumbo, you have to be BLIND or straight up inbred
to not acknowledge that you acted in a highly hostile attitude/manner towards Jayden+Bronson after all she did was provide some PERSONAL INPUT on a particular METHOD. UNPROVEN/OLD SCHOOL, IT DOESN'T MATTER. She gave her opinion on a FORUM where expressing your point of view is the purpose.

oh monicaei, you bop, you. I'm sure we have differentiating definitions of the word troll, but if your definition of it is one who comes in and asks for suggestions/help on a particular case with certain circumstances and disagrees with various posters as you have lead me to believe, I honestly believe you should take a time out from internet forums, at least until you get a clue. Which leads me to my definition of a troll: one who simply comes into threads to start disruption all the while fueling the flames by providing meaningless accusations and useless posts. ring a bell, honey honey? YOU!!! Please take a look at your posts darling, you have done nothing beneficial for this thread but raise more havoc than it already has on its own. Obviously my intentions of joining this forum weren't to troll, but to increase my knowledge on the Doberman breed and gain additional information/techniques in regards to training, I learned a lot more from lurking though, which has me second guessing as to whether I should have signed up here in the first place, but atleast not only I, but other new or potential members get the chance to see how the lot of you act when the situation isn't in your favor. Way to wear off the warm welcome, guys!

RedFawnRising I don't care if you're a veteran, a noob, master trainer, or apprentice and quite frankly I could care less. I do thank you for exposing your potential flaws as a poster, maybe other members will stop bowing down to you as someone did in this thread after the realization that you have made a mistake, exposing that you are human after all. I'm sure this will hurt your credibility and I'm sorry, hope it doesn't mean that much to you as I think it does though.
Quote:
It bothers me so much to know you have people's pets in your care, as a groomer, and that you're so stubbornly stuck in thinking "your" way is best.
As you can see, whether it is due to you being full of "hubris" as someone here mentioned earlier (I guess i'm not the only one with it!) you CLEARLY state Jayden+Bronson thinks her way is the best. However, and as proof would have it (why don't you find out for yourself?) Jayden+Bronson clearly mentions in no way she is ADVOCATING it, ADVERTISING it, and I believe she even admitted it may not be the best way, but it works for her and she simply gave her input. Once again, unless you're blind, not just you, but the lot of you who attacked her owe her an apology because she did not come here to fan the flames or anything similar, but to provide her input/opinion and here you are attacking her ways and making false accusations. I'm a firm believer of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and clearly this is what works for her, so why do you feel the need to go after her? let her be. Point proven, thanks.

ZeldaRules, no one cares if you wouldn't trust her to your groomer, but to not trust her simply because she has differentiating beliefs is certainly a form of discrimination. Once again, I am not one to wish bad things upon people but I do hope you have no intentions of having children in the near future until you ripen up. I believe you guys liked analogies, so I'll throw one of my own.

Lets say your child goes to elementary school. Lets say they are a follower of the Christian Religion, obviously because you have raised them to be so and they are not old enough to think and decide for themselves. Anyways, say said children has a particular math teacher. He/she happens to be of the Muslim religion. He/she uses their religious figure and their respective disciples/sheep to explain a simple addition/subtraction problem. Your child now has homework and while you are attempting to help him out he mentions how his teacher used this method to explain to him. Instead of bearing through with him to solve the problem you FREAK OUT because he used Muhammad as part of his example as opposed to Jesus Christ and instantly go complain to the front office and have your child removed from his class, disregarding his credentials as a teacher due to his differentiating beliefs.

It was a bit of a long analogy, but you see what went on there? Granted, the school system promotes the separation of religion from education, but simply because he had conflicting beliefs you freaked out and took him elsewhere. Did the teacher mean to convert said children to his Islam faith? No, probably not, he was just explaining a simple problem with the first thing that came to mind, but did you overreact, take it offensive and find it hazardous to the religious future of your children? You sure did.

Thank you thank you, far too kind. I'd like to conclude this post with one final analogy: What can you do for a blind man seeking guidance/directions? You can point him in the right direction, but you can't make him see.

P.S: Lucas hasn't eliminated in the balcony for the past two days. Cry me a river cause my horrific methods are showing slight progress so far. Wah wah.
SpaceCowboy is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Join Date: Sep 2012
Old 11-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #125 (permalink)
Holier Than Now
 
RedFawnRising's Avatar
 
Posts: 21,324
Dogs Name: Whisper; George; Slick Wilhemina, Nashua
Titles: George-Working Service Dog
Dogs Age: 5 yr, 4 yr, 3 yr, 1yr
Gallery Pics: 3
Visit RedFawnRising's Gallery
Thanks: 67,814
Thanked 72,689 Times in 17,206 Posts
Images: 3
RedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond reputeRedFawnRising has a reputation beyond repute
Click here to find out how RedFawnRising became a supporter
tl;dr
__________________

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
―Cyril Connolly
RedFawnRising is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Join Date: Jun 2008
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RedFawnRising For This Useful Post:
EmilyB (11-12-2012), Hilary (11-13-2012), missabaldwin (11-12-2012), PatchworkRobot (11-12-2012), Rallypup87 (11-13-2012), Whiskey (11-13-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0 Beta 2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.
@2005 - 2008 DobermanTalk.com
PetGuide.com
Basset.net DobermanTalk.com GoldenRetrieverForum.com OurBeagleWorld.com
BoxerForums.com DogForums.com GoPitbull.com PoodleForum.com
BulldogBreeds.com FishForums.com HavaneseForum.com SpoiledMaltese.com
CatForum.com GermanShepherds.com Labradoodle-dogs.net YorkieForum.com
Chihuahua-People.com RetrieverBreeds.com