...I echo all of the above.
- Dremel and the nails. We are just starting this now, I wish I had much sooner.
- When people say "velcro dog" they mean it. Seriously. All the time. Touching.
- That I would never again pee alone.
- Do not wear my favorite sweatpants during the early "puppy" phase. They now have puppy teeth holes.
- To start formal training early, and keep up with it (in a formal class setting, not just at home).
- Work on recall sooner and with more consistency. I'm insanely jealous of all of the people who have Dobes with great recall. We don't, and it's all my fault.
- Same with loose leash walking. Koa walks awesome with a prong, generally like crap on a regular collar.
- Oh, the whining. I was unaware my big, bad Dobe would be such a WHINER.
- Be prepared for the dirty looks, snide comments and general ignorance of the public. WE all know how fabulous Dobermans are... I can't even count the times I've been asked "will he bite?" or "is he friendly?"
...I'm sure there are more, I'll try to think of them when I get home from work...