Okay, as some of you might know, I'd like to do IPO tracking with Ilka, but I have some questions about the process (trials, not actual training). Please, forgive my "newness" and possibly annoying questions.
1) She's got her AKC Canine Partners listing number (she's a mutt). Is that all I need, or do I have to register her with one of the organizations that put on trials?
2) If I need to register her, who do I register her with? Do they accept each other's registrations?
3) I understand dogs must be identified by either a tattoo or microchip. She is microchipped with a Bayer ResQ chip. Would I need to have a scanner, or would the trial-giving club have one? Would it be easier if I just go ahead and have her tattooed with her AKC number? If I have her tattooed, where does the tattoo have to be?
4) Would whomever I register her with issue her a scorebook, or would I get that at her first trial? Would that book be for any trial by any organization, or would I need one for each organization? (Maybe the answer to this in the IPO rulebook, and I just missed it?)
5) She'd have to pass a BH before we did anything else, right?
6) Am I nuts?