2012 Goals for Maiya:
- K9 Nose Work - ORT and enter trial for NW1
- Get certified for trial for TD. If/when certified, cross my fingers that I can win a trial lotto. I hear it isn't easy to get a spot.
- WAE (?)
- Enter at least one or two rally trials
For the puppy.
- start Rally classes
- start Nose Work training
- AKC S.T.A.R. puppy
- CGC test
Most important: More RELIABLE Recall training
I love this thread - reading about other people's training goals and accomplishments. Here's my update:
- Maiya passed ORT and earned her NW1 title. Training continues for NW2.
- She took her tracking certification test earlier this summer and just quit when she was over half way through. Lesson learned. Will try again when the weather is cooler. In the meantime, training continues.
- Decided to wait until next year.
- Other than a fun match, haven't entered any other rally trials.
- NEW GOAL: Continue to work towards Intermediate Trick Title.
- Enrolled him in one rally class but he wasn't focused enough. Oddly enough, he did better in formal OB classes.
- We've taken several sessions of NW.
- He's an AKC STAR puppy.
- will most likely wait until next year.
- NEW GOAL: Continue conformation training. He now has 4 points (AKC).