Fall leaves and collie... - Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums
Non Doberman Animal Talk Horses, cats, birds, snakes etc... talk about your other pets and animals here.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,681
Location: Southern California
Dogs Name: Eli
Titles: CGC

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Lori Z's Gallery
Thanks: 3,021
Thanked 9,868 Times in 3,377 Posts
                     
Fall leaves and collie...

okay fine, I just thought we had a theme going. LOL From the cell phone on my yosemite trip. Seb (yes back to Seb).

Lori Z is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Lori Z For This Useful Post:
Adara (11-30-2012), Beaumont67 (11-29-2012), Brianne29 (11-29-2012), brw1982 (11-29-2012), Coco Loco (11-30-2012), dobegal (11-30-2012), Dobehouse1 (11-30-2012), donnatoldu2 (11-30-2012), dragonflyz (11-29-2012), HarvestMoon (11-30-2012), hjgrl (11-30-2012), Jenny (11-30-2012), Kristen1459 (12-05-2012), MeadowCat (11-30-2012), melbrod (11-30-2012), missabaldwin (11-29-2012), PartLab (11-30-2012), PrairieGirl (11-29-2012), RedFawnRising (11-30-2012), Rosemary (11-30-2012), Sinister (11-30-2012), the_discowhore (11-29-2012)
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 07:27 PM
#1 Stunner
 
Brianne29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 464
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Dogs Name: Violet, Java
Dogs Age: 3-4-11 (Violet), 12-16-11 (Java)
Gallery Pics: 23
Visit Brianne29's Gallery
Thanks: 979
Thanked 1,288 Times in 314 Posts
Images: 23
                     
My goodness what a handsome pup. Love black tris. I think if we get one more Collie on DT we'll just about qualify for a sub-forum or something.




"Show me a dog who still cannot perform a task after it has been trained over and over again, and I'll tell you who the slow learner is." - Barry McDonald

Violet and Java Blog
Brianne29 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brianne29 For This Useful Post:
Lori Z (11-30-2012), Sinister (11-30-2012)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 07:34 PM
joie de vivre
 
brw1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 10,994
Location: Missouri
Dogs Name: Fiona & Tali
Titles: Fiona: CGC; Tali: CGC
Dogs Age: 4.21.09, 5.09.08
Gallery Pics: 9
Visit brw1982's Gallery
Thanks: 50,520
Thanked 31,072 Times in 8,704 Posts
Images: 9
                     
Great pic. He's so handsome.




"If you're going to be stupid, you better be tough." ~unknown
brw1982 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to brw1982 For This Useful Post:
Lori Z (11-30-2012)
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 07:49 PM
Alpha
 
dragonflyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7,761
Location: Upstate New York
Dogs Name: Tango and Stryker
Titles: CGC, AKC pointed
Dogs Age: 7/1/08, 3/20/11
Gallery Pics: 8
Visit dragonflyz's Gallery
Thanks: 10,290
Thanked 11,037 Times in 5,016 Posts
Images: 8
                     
Awww I love him. I wish I could snuggle with him! LOL

dragonflyz is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to dragonflyz For This Useful Post:
Lori Z (11-30-2012)
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,681
Location: Southern California
Dogs Name: Eli
Titles: CGC

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Lori Z's Gallery
Thanks: 3,021
Thanked 9,868 Times in 3,377 Posts
                     
I wish I could find a collie group to chat with. Do you know of any? I only know of three collies besides Seb, yours, Sams, Astra and that is all I know of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianne29 View Post
My goodness what a handsome pup. Love black tris. I think if we get one more Collie on DT we'll just about qualify for a sub-forum or something.
Lori Z is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Lori Z For This Useful Post:
Sinister (11-30-2012)
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Alpha
 
HarvestMoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,779
Location: Northern New Jersey
Dogs Name: Harvey (Dobe-RIP), Lucy (Dobe), Gidget (Aussie)
Titles: Lucy: AKC CH, BN, RN, NW1, NTD, CGC, ROM; Gidget: CD, BN, RE, CD-C, RL1, NA, NAJ, NF, CGC
Dogs Age: Harvey 12/01/00 - 10/13/09; Lucy 8/3/09; Gidget 9/10/12
Gallery Pics: 1
Visit HarvestMoon's Gallery
Thanks: 10,895
Thanked 5,793 Times in 2,997 Posts
Images: 1
                     
Such a handsome boy! I love seeing pics of him!

HarvestMoon is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:
Lori Z (11-30-2012)
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Alpha
 
Tollers-n-Dobes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,993
Dogs Name: Dance (Toller), Keira, Ripley (Dobes) & Journey (Aussie)
Dogs Age: 6.5 years, 6 years, 4.5 years, 15 months
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Tollers-n-Dobes's Gallery
Thanks: 1,515
Thanked 5,572 Times in 1,315 Posts
                     
He is so handsome! I just love him.



Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN

[And Keira, gone but never forgotten: 2007-2014]
Tollers-n-Dobes is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Tollers-n-Dobes For This Useful Post:
Lori Z (11-30-2012)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Alpha
 
hjgrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,495
Location: Alabama
Dogs Name: Luci & Barrett
Dogs Age: 4/24/07 & 2/1/14
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit hjgrl's Gallery
Thanks: 20,678
Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,707 Posts
Images: 6
                     
*sigh* I <3 him

Dragon Slaying Dobermans Incorporated Member #78
hjgrl is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 02:15 PM
ShutUp an Scratch My Butt
 
Sam1491's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,605
Location: MN
Dogs Name: Mabel - Bubba
Dogs Age: 5/01/10 - 5/14/11
Gallery Pics: 88
Visit Sam1491's Gallery
Thanks: 13,331
Thanked 14,286 Times in 4,850 Posts
Images: 88
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Z View Post
I wish I could find a collie group to chat with. Do you know of any? I only know of three collies besides Seb, yours, Sams, Astra and that is all I know of.
You can tell him to stop growing up so handsome already......he has one awesome puppy coat too! You're very lucky.

I don't know about any forums but I do love to check out Collies Online Homepage weekly
And I of course go to our local clubs monthly meetings and as many events as possible...christmas party the 8th

Just you wait till february and april, it's our local specialty and then i'm helping at nationals since we're hosting! PICTURES!

The Red Devil Diva & Her Shamelessly Obedient Human
Bubba: Allergy King and Chief of Naps
Sam1491 is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Alpha
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,681
Location: Southern California
Dogs Name: Eli
Titles: CGC

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Lori Z's Gallery
Thanks: 3,021
Thanked 9,868 Times in 3,377 Posts
                     
I go there. colliesonline. LOL I hope you can meet my breeder. She is very nice. Hey I was looking around the other day and I found Riverrun collies. Gorgeous dogs and they title many on boths ends. Have you seen any of their dogs? I know they had a national winner last year according to their site.

I'm a little worried that Seb is too close in the back, his hocks almost touch and that is not good. Gayle, breeder, said wait, his hocks are really long now and we have to wait. Did you know his dad is a champion now? !! Big win at the last speciality.

CH. CHELSEA CASANOVA COWBOY

It was the last show she could attend until the nationals. His auntie got her championship that day too. I think two of his full blooded sisters from the litter before his are close, they are blk tri's. I hope his back end gets better. lol. If not I'm in for a show female next time. I really, really, really, really like the personality of Sebastian. He and I just gel. He is mischievous, playful, stubborn, he is loving (very), sweet (very), funny (I swear his has a sense of humor), tolerant and biddable but with that stubborn streak. It is interesting to me how different he is than my aussies, I thought he would be almost like them but no he is not. He does want to please but also has some grit, I LOVE it, I LOVE him. hee hee. Now maybe all collies aren't like him but if they are...I've finally found the breed for the last half of my life.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1491 View Post
You can tell him to stop growing up so handsome already......he has one awesome puppy coat too! You're very lucky.

I don't know about any forums but I do love to check out Collies Online Homepage weekly
And I of course go to our local clubs monthly meetings and as many events as possible...christmas party the 8th

Just you wait till february and april, it's our local specialty and then i'm helping at nationals since we're hosting! PICTURES!

Last edited by Lori Z; 11-30-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Lori Z is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Lori Z For This Useful Post:
Sam1491 (11-30-2012)
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 04:35 PM
ShutUp an Scratch My Butt
 
Sam1491's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,605
Location: MN
Dogs Name: Mabel - Bubba
Dogs Age: 5/01/10 - 5/14/11
Gallery Pics: 88
Visit Sam1491's Gallery
Thanks: 13,331
Thanked 14,286 Times in 4,850 Posts
Images: 88
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Z View Post
I go there. colliesonline. LOL I hope you can meet my breeder. She is very nice. Hey I was looking around the other day and I found Riverrun collies. Gorgeous dogs and they title many on boths ends. Have you seen any of their dogs? I know they had a national winner last year according to their site.

I'm a little worried that Seb is too close in the back, his hocks almost touch and that is not good. Gayle, breeder, said wait, his hocks are really long now and we have to wait. Did you know his dad is a champion now? !! Big win at the last speciality.

CH. CHELSEA CASANOVA COWBOY

It was the last show she could attend until the nationals. His auntie got her championship that day too. I think two of his full blooded sisters from the litter before his are close, they are blk tri's. I hope his back end gets better. lol. If not I'm in for a show female next time. I really, really, really, really like the personality of Sebastian. He and I just gel. He is mischievous, playful, stubborn, he is loving (very), sweet (very), funny (I swear his has a sense of humor), tolerant and biddable but with that stubborn streak. It is interesting to me how different he is than my aussies, I thought he would be almost like them but no he is not. He does want to please but also has some grit, I LOVE it, I LOVE him. hee hee. Now maybe all collies aren't like him but if they are...I've finally found the breed for the last half of my life.
I've seen a few. My mom is a fan of deep river and me personally I'd love a marnus baby or alerich both turn out some gorgeous dogs imo. Seb sounds like my kind of collie, Hannah is just a bit too dense and far to soft. My moms first tri smooth male buck was more like Seb and he was my favorite. (Can you tell I'm a smooth tri boy fan?)

Hopefully seb is just in a weird growth phase, collies are some of the guakiest I've ever seen as babies lol. Some grow out of it some do not.

I'll keep an eye out for your breeder, ill be on show staff so who knows I may be running errands for her or something.

The Red Devil Diva & Her Shamelessly Obedient Human
Bubba: Allergy King and Chief of Naps
Sam1491 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Sam1491 For This Useful Post:
Lori Z (11-30-2012)
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Shark Wrangler
 
Shell81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,089
Location: Ontario, Canada
Dogs Name: Bruce (Dobe), Staghorn's Resusci Annie (Annie, Lab)
Titles: Bruce; CGN "Bruce the Jerk Dog"
Dogs Age: Bruce Sept 27/2012, Annie Jan 13/2008
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Shell81's Gallery
Thanks: 4,192
Thanked 2,835 Times in 832 Posts
                     
*Sigh* He is stunning! I love collies. I have wanted a rough collie since I was a little girl. First my parents said no, then my dog hating ex husband (one reason he's gone, didn't know he didnt actually like them until after we married) wouldn't allow me to get one. My now partner loves dogs, and I thought maybe I had a chance, but nope he doesn't like them either (Luckily he loves Dobes though, so at least that choice was an easy one for us to make).

One day I WILL get my collie lol.
Shell81 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome