Join Date: May 2011
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Dogs Name: Kelly
Titles: CD Obedience & Therapy
Dogs Age: puppy
Gallery Pics: 0 Visit Beaumont67's Gallery
Thanked 13,396 Times in 5,281 Posts
MOST PERFECT CORRECTION, given out ASAP - many people ask for help, months later, after the aggression has grown & exploded.
- your post & description of chain of events...very refreshing (as you get it & involving young daughter, was just timed perfect)
Rules / Boundaries / Expectations...are now dober comprehended....without challenge.
Plus 20 years ago, my nephew was giving his Sheltie a biscuit and the dog growled & went to grab the young boys hand.
- in all the fuss, the treat was in the dogs mouth (after landing on the floor)...YES, dog exercised very BAD manners
6 year old nephew (without thinking) was so mad at his dog...he grabed Tanner and ripped his mouth wide open (with his bare hands).
- sticking his hand right down into the dogs throat (deep)...to remove the biscuit, taken seconds earlier
- NEVER an aggression incident again / dog is now 11 y/o
My puppy is + 4 months old...we play Tug-of War daily and weekly she gets a Marrow bone...I often hold her bones, and she brings me them as well.
- all about establishing house rules / quite easy, once the ground work is set
------------Kelly & (Amy - RIP @ 11.7 y/o)
Last edited by Beaumont67; 01-08-2013 at 05:58 PM.