Join Date: May 2011
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Dogs Name: Kelly
Titles: CD Obedience & Therapy
Dogs Age: puppy
Gallery Pics: 0 Visit Beaumont67's Gallery
Thanked 13,510 Times in 5,340 Posts
I dealt with my old girls death, at the end of August 2012.
- she was my soul mate and she loved her Dad & family, more than herself
First 2 weeks, I balled my eyes out, at the drop of a pin.
Week 3-8, eyes teered up less often, but still on occasion.
What help me big time (to cope) was ordering a new puppy, from a great breeder.
- Amy's toy boxes never were packed away, just could not make it that final
- her favorite pillow, still rested on the leather love seat end / wife & I smelled it occasionally, to remind us of her beautiful scent
Slowly Amy memories brought us huge smiles instead of many teers.
The new puppy was picked up 1.5 months ago, and I was happy...once again.
- my former dobes and the many experiences they gave me, will live on in training our new dober baby
- when Amy passed, I even had a hard time sleeping (at night)...as she liked leaning on me, had to always touch her loved ones
- life is good again, a dober replacement was needed here
So sorry to hear about your beloved Deck.
------------Kelly & (Amy - RIP @ 11.7 y/o)
Last edited by Beaumont67; 01-02-2013 at 07:14 AM.