Since there was a random mention of Deramaxx, I will post this here since I think that all Doberman owners should be aware of their potential sensitivity to the drug and other sulfa drugs. I have my vets put "No sulfa drugs" on Silas' chart just to be safe. http://dpca.org/BreedEd/PDF/018%20NSAIDS.pdf
Here is the list of sulfa drugs that the DPCA mentions in the pdf.
1) Tribrissen (Trimethoprim/Sulfadiazine)
2) Ditrim (Trimethoprim/Sulfadiazine)
3) Bactrim (Trimethoprim/Sulfadiazine)
4) Septra (same as Bactrim)
5) Cotrim (same as Bactrim)
6) Comoxol (same as Bactrim)
7) Albon (Sulfadimethoxine/Ormetoprim)
8) Bactrovet (same as Albon)
9) Primor (Sulfadimethoxine/Ormetoprim)
10) Azulfidine (Sulfasalazine)
Now please continue with happy fruit and veggie conversations.
Oh, and I had a co-worker who was allergic to apple peels! It was the first I had heard of it. She could peel and eat them just fine - but no peels.