Help please!! - Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums

Doberman Health If it has to do with your dog and its health post here.

DobermanTalk.com is the premier Doberman Dog Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lil Pup
 
Posts: 8
Dogs Name: Niecko
Dogs Age: 5
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit DobermanLover1994's Gallery
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Images: 6
DobermanLover1994 is on a distinguished road
Help please!!

So about a month or so ago my 5year old doberman was peeing abnormaly, and we thought maybe it was because of change in weather. He would barely pee when we took him out and (hes potty trained) yet he peed in the house as well. After awhile it went away and he was doing ok and it started happening again two/three weeks ago. And then it stopped again. Today my mother took him out and he was peeing normal and when i took him out about 20-30 mins ago he was peeing blood!!! Please tell me why this is happening and what i can do. A friend of mine told me about cranberry juice, but does that really help?

Not only that but he has fleas and he bites himself till he bleeds and has patches of skin missing and puss filled bumbs (large and small) All over his body. We've used lots of over the counter things to take away itching and irritation but nothing has worked.
We would have taken him to the vet but we dont have alot of money. The last time we took him was last year and the doctor said that the fleas were no big deal.
DobermanLover1994 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Dec 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Alpha
 
Rosemary's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,076
Location: Southeast Texas
Dogs Name: Lucky (Standard Rat Terrier), Ilka (Mutt), and Leo (GSD)
Titles: Lucky-CGC; Ilka-BN RE CA CGC; Leo-UKC CA
Dogs Age: Lucky 13; Ilka 4; Leo 2
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Rosemary's Gallery
Thanks: 20,751
Thanked 14,723 Times in 5,311 Posts
Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DobermanLover1994 View Post
So about a month or so ago my 5year old doberman was peeing abnormaly, and we thought maybe it was because of change in weather. He would barely pee when we took him out and (hes potty trained) yet he peed in the house as well. After awhile it went away and he was doing ok and it started happening again two/three weeks ago. And then it stopped again. Today my mother took him out and he was peeing normal and when i took him out about 20-30 mins ago he was peeing blood!!! Please tell me why this is happening and what i can do. A friend of mine told me about cranberry juice, but does that really help?

Not only that but he has fleas and he bites himself till he bleeds and has patches of skin missing and puss filled bumbs (large and small) All over his body. We've used lots of over the counter things to take away itching and irritation but nothing has worked.
We would have taken him to the vet but we dont have alot of money. The last time we took him was last year and the doctor said that the fleas were no big deal.
Sorry, but he NEEDS to go to the vet. Bloody urine can mean several things, including crystals, an infection or even cancer. Scratching that much at fleas, he could have a secondary skin infection. Either problem would make him miserable. Just think about how he feels with both of them. Find a vet who is willing to work with you financially, and take him in.
__________________

CA Speed Queen Leontine Von Washateria
Ilka Of Pear Orchard Cemetery BN RE CA CGC
Last, but by no means least, Lucky Rat Dog CGC, Watchdog Emeritus
Rosemary is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Jan 2012
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rosemary For This Useful Post:
4Dobes (12-15-2012), DobermanLover1994 (12-15-2012), monicaei (12-15-2012), natdobe (12-15-2012), Toby'shuman (12-15-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lil Pup
 
Posts: 8
Dogs Name: Niecko
Dogs Age: 5
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit DobermanLover1994's Gallery
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Images: 6
DobermanLover1994 is on a distinguished road
Thank you, Will do
But is there anything we can do until we can?
DobermanLover1994 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Dec 2012
Old 12-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Alpha
 
Motomutt's Avatar
 
Posts: 449
Location: South Burb's Chicago IL
Dogs Name: Thor, J.R., Gunner and Cheyene
Titles: AKC CH, UKC Grnd CH, CD, CDX, WAC, ROM, RN
Dogs Age: 10, 5, 6, 10
Gallery Pics: 5
Visit Motomutt's Gallery
Thanks: 1,501
Thanked 694 Times in 275 Posts
Images: 5
Motomutt has a reputation beyond reputeMotomutt has a reputation beyond reputeMotomutt has a reputation beyond reputeMotomutt has a reputation beyond reputeMotomutt has a reputation beyond reputeMotomutt has a reputation beyond reputeMotomutt has a reputation beyond reputeMotomutt has a reputation beyond reputeMotomutt has a reputation beyond reputeMotomutt has a reputation beyond reputeMotomutt has a reputation beyond repute
Is he neutered? If not he can have prostate issues and need antibiotics and if not neutered he really needs to be. You can also use saw palmetto supplements for the blood in the urine but I would want my dog seen by a vet first to make sure that there is not something more serious going on.

I would just like to add on a personal note if the vet told you that the fleas were not a big deal and the dog has pussed filled bump I would really find a new vet, that’s just me.

As for the fleas, if he has patches of missing hair and puss filled bumps then yes the fleas are a big deal. I understand that you do not have a lot of money but here are a few suggestions that may help. For overall skin and coat issues I would add coconut oil to diet comes in a solid form and can be purchased from health food store. For the Fleas issue - dawn dishwashing detergent - copied from website on how to apply
1
The brand of the dish soap. For dogs and other pets that can be bathed safely, you will need Dawn dish detergent. Using Dawn is recommended because it works best for killing the fleas where other brands may not, and it's the safest for your pet.


2
Prepare the bath. Next the only thing you need to do is prepare the warm (not hot!) bath for your pet. Just run enough water, then put him or her in the tub or use a water hose outdoors, if needed.


3
Soak the pet. Use a removable shower head, cup, or a water hose/spigot to fully soak the pet in water being cautious not to get in the eyes as it may irritate.


4
Apply dish soap. Lather the pet with plenty of the Dawn dish detergent. You will need to spend several minutes scrubbing him or her, more depending on the severity of the fleas. Be gentle while scrubbing but you will need to scrub well to get to the skin where the fleas will hide. Having a pet brush on hand can be helpful when getting deep in the hair.


5
Rinse the pet when you see dead fleas. When you start to see fleas fall off into the tub, you will need to rinse the pet to get rid of the dead fleas and get to the live ones. Basically, you should rinse and repeat just as you would if you were washing oil out of your own hair.


6
Continue. Scrub until you see no fleas in the tub when you rinse. This can take a few minutes.


7
They run to the head. Keep in mind that fleas will run to the head and face to hide. This means you will probably have to add a tiny drop of detergent and rinse. You can pick them off the face as you see them so you don't get soap and water in the eyes.
__________________
UKC Grd CH/AKC CH. Smack-Dab's In The line of Fire CD WAC ROM "Gunner
UKC. Grd CH. Smack-Dab's Raising Cain CD "J.R."
UKC CH/AKC CH. Rolin's Aurora Australis " Savannah"

UKC CDX/FO Cheyenne's Morning Star CDX "Cheyenne" 4/03/1999 - 4/02/2011
Baycreek God of Thunder "Thor" 6/13/99 - 3/12/2011



Last edited by Motomutt; 12-15-2012 at 01:09 PM..
Motomutt is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Nov 2009
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Motomutt For This Useful Post:
4Dobes (12-15-2012), DobermanLover1994 (12-15-2012), JNKHANGMAN (12-17-2012), natdobe (12-15-2012), Toby'shuman (12-15-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Alpha
 
Rosemary's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,076
Location: Southeast Texas
Dogs Name: Lucky (Standard Rat Terrier), Ilka (Mutt), and Leo (GSD)
Titles: Lucky-CGC; Ilka-BN RE CA CGC; Leo-UKC CA
Dogs Age: Lucky 13; Ilka 4; Leo 2
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Rosemary's Gallery
Thanks: 20,751
Thanked 14,723 Times in 5,311 Posts
Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
One other thing about the fleas: you are going to need to spray your entire house and yard, also. Then, you need to vaccum the entire house, carpets, rugs, hard floors, around baseboards, all the furniture, and beds. Wrap the vaccuum bag in a couple of layers of plastic, and immediately take it out to the trash can. Wash all washable bedding the dog sleeps on in hot water (if it's non-washable, take it to the dry cleaners). You're going to need to repeat this every week or so, in addition to using a good flea control product on the dog, until the flees are gone. Depending on where you live, it could take a while to get rid of them.
__________________

CA Speed Queen Leontine Von Washateria
Ilka Of Pear Orchard Cemetery BN RE CA CGC
Last, but by no means least, Lucky Rat Dog CGC, Watchdog Emeritus
Rosemary is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Jan 2012
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rosemary For This Useful Post:
DobermanLover1994 (12-15-2012), natdobe (12-15-2012), Toby'shuman (12-15-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lil Pup
 
Posts: 8
Dogs Name: Niecko
Dogs Age: 5
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit DobermanLover1994's Gallery
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Images: 6
DobermanLover1994 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomutt View Post
Is he neutered? If not he can have prostate issues and need antibiotics and if not neutered he really needs to be. You can also use saw palmetto supplements for the blood in the urine but I would want my dog seen by a vet first to make sure that there is not something more serious going on.

I would just like to add on a personal note if the vet told you that the fleas were not a big deal and the dog has pussed filled bump I would really find a new vet, that’s just me.

As for the fleas, if he has patches of missing hair and puss filled bumps then yes the fleas are a big deal. I understand that you do not have a lot of money but here are a few suggestions that may help. For overall skin and coat issues I would add coconut oil to diet comes in a solid form and can be purchased from health food store. For the Fleas issue - dawn dishwashing detergent - copied from website on how to apply
1
The brand of the dish soap. For dogs and other pets that can be bathed safely, you will need Dawn dish detergent. Using Dawn is recommended because it works best for killing the fleas where other brands may not, and it's the safest for your pet.


2
Prepare the bath. Next the only thing you need to do is prepare the warm (not hot!) bath for your pet. Just run enough water, then put him or her in the tub or use a water hose outdoors, if needed.


3
Soak the pet. Use a removable shower head, cup, or a water hose/spigot to fully soak the pet in water being cautious not to get in the eyes as it may irritate.


4
Apply dish soap. Lather the pet with plenty of the Dawn dish detergent. You will need to spend several minutes scrubbing him or her, more depending on the severity of the fleas. Be gentle while scrubbing but you will need to scrub well to get to the skin where the fleas will hide. Having a pet brush on hand can be helpful when getting deep in the hair.


5
Rinse the pet when you see dead fleas. When you start to see fleas fall off into the tub, you will need to rinse the pet to get rid of the dead fleas and get to the live ones. Basically, you should rinse and repeat just as you would if you were washing oil out of your own hair.


6
Continue. Scrub until you see no fleas in the tub when you rinse. This can take a few minutes.


7
They run to the head. Keep in mind that fleas will run to the head and face to hide. This means you will probably have to add a tiny drop of detergent and rinse. You can pick them off the face as you see them so you don't get soap and water in the eyes.


We DO use dawn dish detergent but they are also in the house. How do i get rid of them in my home. ( i have carpets)
I have a warlock doberman so he has to be washed outside. Because he will absolutley not get in the bathtub anymore.
I've heard that a dog may get aggressive and overweight if he is neutered when he is an older dog. Is this a myth? Could the hot spots and bumps be because of his food?
DobermanLover1994 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Dec 2012
Old 12-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lil Pup
 
Posts: 8
Dogs Name: Niecko
Dogs Age: 5
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit DobermanLover1994's Gallery
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Images: 6
DobermanLover1994 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
One other thing about the fleas: you are going to need to spray your entire house and yard, also. Then, you need to vaccum the entire house, carpets, rugs, hard floors, around baseboards, all the furniture, and beds. Wrap the vaccuum bag in a couple of layers of plastic, and immediately take it out to the trash can. Wash all washable bedding the dog sleeps on in hot water (if it's non-washable, take it to the dry cleaners). You're going to need to repeat this every week or so, in addition to using a good flea control product on the dog, until the flees are gone. Depending on where you live, it could take a while to get rid of them.
I live in a trailor park where yards cannot have fences and there are TONS of flea bag cats, so a yard treatment wouldnt work. How many times a week should we be washing our dog?
DobermanLover1994 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Dec 2012
Old 12-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Alpha
 
Rosemary's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,076
Location: Southeast Texas
Dogs Name: Lucky (Standard Rat Terrier), Ilka (Mutt), and Leo (GSD)
Titles: Lucky-CGC; Ilka-BN RE CA CGC; Leo-UKC CA
Dogs Age: Lucky 13; Ilka 4; Leo 2
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Rosemary's Gallery
Thanks: 20,751
Thanked 14,723 Times in 5,311 Posts
Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DobermanLover1994 View Post
We DO use dawn dish detergent but they are also in the house. How do i get rid of them in my home. ( i have carpets)
I have a warlock doberman so he has to be washed outside. Because he will absolutley not get in the bathtub anymore.
I've heard that a dog may get aggressive and overweight if he is neutered when he is an older dog. Is this a myth? Could the hot spots and bumps be because of his food?
That is a myth. Genetics, socialization and excersize levels are what determines agression and weight.

The bumps and hot spots could be caused by his food, but are much more likely to be from the flees. I have had more than on animal start pulling out their hair if you so much as whispered the words "flee bite dermatitis".
__________________

CA Speed Queen Leontine Von Washateria
Ilka Of Pear Orchard Cemetery BN RE CA CGC
Last, but by no means least, Lucky Rat Dog CGC, Watchdog Emeritus

Last edited by Rosemary; 12-15-2012 at 01:36 PM..
Rosemary is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Jan 2012
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rosemary For This Useful Post:
DobermanLover1994 (12-15-2012), natdobe (12-15-2012), Toby'shuman (12-15-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Alpha
 
Rosemary's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,076
Location: Southeast Texas
Dogs Name: Lucky (Standard Rat Terrier), Ilka (Mutt), and Leo (GSD)
Titles: Lucky-CGC; Ilka-BN RE CA CGC; Leo-UKC CA
Dogs Age: Lucky 13; Ilka 4; Leo 2
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Rosemary's Gallery
Thanks: 20,751
Thanked 14,723 Times in 5,311 Posts
Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DobermanLover1994 View Post
I live in a trailor park where yards cannot have fences and there are TONS of flea bag cats, so a yard treatment wouldnt work. How many times a week should we be washing our dog?
Spraying your yard will at least help cut down on the number of flees he is exposed to.

Generally, you shouldn't bathe more than once a week, unles your vet recommends it. However frequently you bathe, the most important thing is to rinse, rinse, rinse. And then, rinse again. You don't want to leave any soap or shampoo residue on him, because that will make him itch even more.
__________________

CA Speed Queen Leontine Von Washateria
Ilka Of Pear Orchard Cemetery BN RE CA CGC
Last, but by no means least, Lucky Rat Dog CGC, Watchdog Emeritus
Rosemary is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Jan 2012
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rosemary For This Useful Post:
DobermanLover1994 (12-15-2012), natdobe (12-15-2012), Toby'shuman (12-15-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 01:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lil Pup
 
Posts: 8
Dogs Name: Niecko
Dogs Age: 5
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit DobermanLover1994's Gallery
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Images: 6
DobermanLover1994 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
That is a myth. Genetics, socialization and excersize levels are what determines agression and weight.

The bumps and hot spots could be caused by his food, but are much more likely to be from the flees. I have had more than on animal start pulling out their hair is you so much as whispered the words "flee bite dermatitis".
What do you mean by socialization.
Should i start running with my dog?
Also, he has long nails but he will nip anyone who comes near them with clippers because he was hurt a couple of times by the vet who did them, so what can i do about that?
DobermanLover1994 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Dec 2012
Old 12-15-2012, 01:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lil Pup
 
Posts: 8
Dogs Name: Niecko
Dogs Age: 5
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit DobermanLover1994's Gallery
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Images: 6
DobermanLover1994 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
Spraying your yard will at least help cut down on the number of flees he is exposed to.

Generally, you shouldn't bathe more than once a week, unles your vet recommends it. However frequently you bathe, the most important thing is to rinse, rinse, rinse. And then, rinse again. You don't want to leave any soap or shampoo residue on him, because that will make him itch even more.
Will my dog get sick now that its winter, when bathing?
DobermanLover1994 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Dec 2012
Old 12-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Alpha
 
Posts: 1,920

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit natdobe's Gallery
Thanks: 2,470
Thanked 1,880 Times in 818 Posts
natdobe has a reputation beyond reputenatdobe has a reputation beyond reputenatdobe has a reputation beyond reputenatdobe has a reputation beyond reputenatdobe has a reputation beyond reputenatdobe has a reputation beyond reputenatdobe has a reputation beyond reputenatdobe has a reputation beyond reputenatdobe has a reputation beyond reputenatdobe has a reputation beyond reputenatdobe has a reputation beyond repute
For the dog's sake PLEASE get him to the vet ASAP!! Blood in the urine could be something very serious.
Yes those are myths about the neutering part. He has had fleas since last year?!! Poor dog. You need a new vet. As far as getting rid of the fleas in your house, you may have to call a pest control, especially if you have an infestation. Let us know how the vet visit goes. Hugs to your boy.
natdobe is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Nov 2006
The Following User Says Thank You to natdobe For This Useful Post:
DobermanLover1994 (12-15-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lil Pup
 
Posts: 8
Dogs Name: Niecko
Dogs Age: 5
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit DobermanLover1994's Gallery
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Images: 6
DobermanLover1994 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by natdobe View Post
For the dog's sake PLEASE get him to the vet ASAP!! Blood in the urine could be something very serious.
Yes those are myths about the neutering part. He has had fleas since last year?!! Poor dog. You need a new vet. As far as getting rid of the fleas in your house, you may have to call a pest control, especially if you have an infestation. Let us know how the vet visit goes. Hugs to your boy.
we moved 6 months ago and he has fleas again in our new home. :/
We're gonna try for this weekend to take him to the vet. I will post results . Thanks
DobermanLover1994 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Dec 2012
The Following User Says Thank You to DobermanLover1994 For This Useful Post:
natdobe (12-15-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Alpha
 
Posts: 1,920

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit natdobe's Gallery
Thanks: 2,470
Thanked 1,880 Times in 818 Posts
natdobe has a reputation beyond reputenatdobe has a reputation beyond reputenatdobe has a reputation beyond reputenatdobe has a reputation beyond reputenatdobe has a reputation beyond reputenatdobe has a reputation beyond reputenatdobe has a reputation beyond reputenatdobe has a reputation beyond reputenatdobe has a reputation beyond reputenatdobe has a reputation beyond reputenatdobe has a reputation beyond repute
I know a lot of people are against preventative flea and tick stuff such as Frontline and Vectra, but if the fleas are as bad as you say, you may want to get one of these products to use. You have to get them from a vet.
natdobe is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Nov 2006
The Following User Says Thank You to natdobe For This Useful Post:
DobermanLover1994 (12-15-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
Alpha
 
Rosemary's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,076
Location: Southeast Texas
Dogs Name: Lucky (Standard Rat Terrier), Ilka (Mutt), and Leo (GSD)
Titles: Lucky-CGC; Ilka-BN RE CA CGC; Leo-UKC CA
Dogs Age: Lucky 13; Ilka 4; Leo 2
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit Rosemary's Gallery
Thanks: 20,751
Thanked 14,723 Times in 5,311 Posts
Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Socialization is the exposure he geot to other dogs and people, starting when he was a puppy. If he's never had positive interaction with other dogs or people, he has not had the proper socialization that he needs, and is likely to always be fearful of new situations.

I wouldn't run with him without clearing it with the vet first. Dobes (especially oversized ones, like "warlocks") are prone to joint problems, and all Dobes are prone to heart problems.

For the nails, he needs to either be muzzled (that's the only way I can do my Rattie), and/or reconditioned (through positive training methods) into accepting having his feet handled.
__________________

CA Speed Queen Leontine Von Washateria
Ilka Of Pear Orchard Cemetery BN RE CA CGC
Last, but by no means least, Lucky Rat Dog CGC, Watchdog Emeritus
Rosemary is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Jan 2012
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rosemary For This Useful Post:
DobermanLover1994 (12-15-2012), natdobe (12-15-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
Lil Pup
 
Posts: 8
Dogs Name: Niecko
Dogs Age: 5
Gallery Pics: 6
Visit DobermanLover1994's Gallery
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Images: 6
DobermanLover1994 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
Socialization is the exposure he geot to other dogs and people, starting when he was a puppy. If he's never had positive interaction with other dogs or people, he has not had the proper socialization that he needs, and is likely to always be fearful of new situations.

I wouldn't run with him without clearing it with the vet first. Dobes (especially oversized ones, like "warlocks") are prone to joint problems, and all Dobes are prone to heart problems.

For the nails, he needs to either be muzzled (that's the only way I can do my Rattie), and/or reconditioned (through positive training methods) into accepting having his feet handled.
He's very playful with other dogs and he never starts a fight,
But the other dogs seem to want to fight with him, in which he does nothing but look at them. But he is good with people and friendly .
DobermanLover1994 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Dec 2012
Old 12-15-2012, 02:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
Vewwy Skebpbbtical
 
LindaH's Avatar
 
Posts: 13,331
Dogs Name: Sunburg's Indian River Park "Parker"
Dogs Age: Born May 24, 2007
Gallery Pics: 25
Visit LindaH's Gallery
Thanks: 19,557
Thanked 18,177 Times in 7,709 Posts
Images: 25
LindaH has a reputation beyond reputeLindaH has a reputation beyond reputeLindaH has a reputation beyond reputeLindaH has a reputation beyond reputeLindaH has a reputation beyond reputeLindaH has a reputation beyond reputeLindaH has a reputation beyond reputeLindaH has a reputation beyond reputeLindaH has a reputation beyond reputeLindaH has a reputation beyond reputeLindaH has a reputation beyond repute


__________________
All dogs deserve a good home

Subscribe to this newsletter first:
http://www.truthaboutpetfood.com/

How to select a good dog food:
http://www.boxerworld.com/forums/vie...y-dog-food.htm

Dog food information:
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/best-dog-foods/
http://www.dogfoodproject.com/index.php?page=main

Diet additives and Raw diet information
http://www.dogaware.com/articles/index.html
LindaH is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Sep 2006
The Following User Says Thank You to LindaH For This Useful Post:
Cathy43 (12-15-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
Alpha
 
Toby'shuman's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,738
Location: Spain
Dogs Name: Toby the Dobe, Russell the Andalucian Terrier, Reina the Pointador. Sasha & Jack at the Bridge
Titles: Yep, loads, but none printable. lol
Dogs Age: 7th Nov 2010 -
Gallery Pics: 24
Visit Toby'shuman's Gallery
Thanks: 12,598
Thanked 10,509 Times in 3,532 Posts
Images: 24
Toby'shuman has a reputation beyond reputeToby'shuman has a reputation beyond reputeToby'shuman has a reputation beyond reputeToby'shuman has a reputation beyond reputeToby'shuman has a reputation beyond reputeToby'shuman has a reputation beyond reputeToby'shuman has a reputation beyond reputeToby'shuman has a reputation beyond reputeToby'shuman has a reputation beyond reputeToby'shuman has a reputation beyond reputeToby'shuman has a reputation beyond repute
Dog fleas are a big, big problem, not only are they irratating, but they are also dangerous. They carry parasites such as Tape Worm which they can give to your dog making him even sicker.

You need visit a decent vet to get a proper flea treatment. Over the counter stuff is just a waste of money. Not being in America I don't know if you can get the flea killing tablet we can get here, perhaps you could ask your vet about the Capstar Pill by Novartis which will kill the fleas.
Your home will need fumigating, there are companies that will do this for you, though how much that will cost is anyones guess. If this is out of the question, then you need wash what ever soft furnishings you can in hot water.
You can buy sprays and powders which you apply around your home (pay special attention to the corners and dark crevices) to kill the fleas, you will have to re-apply many times in order to kill the newly hatched fleas.
You can try herbal remedies (you may have some of these items in your cupboard so you can start them now)

1. Rosemary Flea Dip
Steep two cups of fresh rosemary in boiling water for 30 minutes. Strain the liquid, discard the leaves and add up to a gallon of warm water depending on the size of your dog. Wait until it cools but is still warm and pour over your dog until he’s soaked. Allow your dog to dry naturally. Works especially well on hot summer days.

2. Lavender Essential Oil
Wash your dog thoroughly and towel dry. Apply a few drops of lavender essential oil to the base of the tail and another at the neck.

3. Brewer’s Yeast
Add a small Brewer’s yeast tablets to your dog’s food. Much like prescription meds (but much healthier), this is excreted through Fido’s skin making him less attractive to fleas. Check with your veterinarian for the proper dosages depending on weight.

4. Apple Cider Vinegar
A spoonful of this stuff added to your dog’s water makes their skin more acidic and not-at-all tasty to fleas. If apple cider vinegar is not your dog’s cup of tea, you can dilute it 50/50 with water, pour into a spray bottle and use as a repellent.

5. Lemon Spray Repellent
Cut a lemon into quarters, cover with boiling water and let it steep overnight. In the morning, spray all over your dog, especially behind the ears and around the head generally (be careful of his eyes), around the base of the tail, and under your dog’s legs.

If your dog has any open wounds, then do not apply number 4 and 5 to these areas, just imagine putting lemon juice/vinegar in a cut and you will know how your dog will feel.

You can try using Diatomaceaus earth (food grade) which you sprinkle around the home, leave a couple of days (I know that sounds horrid but it is necessary) and then vacuum up.
Reapply in a couple of days, repeat again a couple of days later.

As for the blood in your dogs urine.
Get him to a vet about this, this could be serious.
Toby'shuman is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Oct 2011
Old 12-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
Alpha
 
VZ-Doberman's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,348
Location: Delaware
Dogs Name: Briarwood Back To Basics aka Bacchus
Titles: Yes..........74 titles, awards and certificates and is a service dog.
Dogs Age: 6 Years
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit VZ-Doberman's Gallery
Thanks: 7,342
Thanked 12,906 Times in 4,041 Posts
VZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond reputeVZ-Doberman has a reputation beyond repute
Troll..............
VZ-Doberman is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Join Date: Sep 2009
The Following User Says Thank You to VZ-Doberman For This Useful Post:
Cathy43 (12-15-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Tags
bladder infection, fleas, skin condition, urination

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0 Beta 2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.
@2005 - 2008 DobermanTalk.com
PetGuide.com
Basset.net DobermanTalk.com GoldenRetrieverForum.com OurBeagleWorld.com
BoxerForums.com DogForums.com GoPitbull.com PoodleForum.com
BulldogBreeds.com FishForums.com HavaneseForum.com SpoiledMaltese.com
CatForum.com GermanShepherds.com Labradoodle-dogs.net YorkieForum.com
Chihuahua-People.com RetrieverBreeds.com