|11-16-2012, 10:35 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Quick help Please
Hoping someone is on here and can give me some advice quickly. My 10 month old dobe got into a container of "Udder Balm" and ate a good bit of it (i'm guessing 6 oz)... The Ingredients are listed as - Active Ingredient: 8-hydroxyquinoline .14%, INActive Ingredients: Petrolatum, Water, Lanolin, Wax, Oil of Clove, Sodium Borate, Color, Isopropyl Alcohol .2%... Advice on what to do?? Dog is acting normal, other than sneezing now and then. Gums look normal..
Join Date: Dec 2010
|11-16-2012, 10:48 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Gallery Pics: 0
Visit natdobe's Gallery
Thanked 1,947 Times in 827 Posts
I would call an emergency vet clinic and see what they say. I'm sorry that's all I have to offer but it's better to be safe than sorry.
Join Date: Nov 2006
|The Following User Says Thank You to natdobe For This Useful Post:|
|11-16-2012, 11:20 PM||#3 (permalink)|
Dogs Name: Willow
Dogs Age: 10 monthsGallery Pics: 0
Visit Christina93's Gallery
Thanked 148 Times in 83 Posts
Is that the stuff that goes on cows teets? If so we use that here and our dogs always lick it. Never hurt any of
Sent from my iPhone using PG Free
Join Date: Aug 2012
|The Following User Says Thank You to Christina93 For This Useful Post:|
|11-16-2012, 11:26 PM||#4 (permalink)|
Yes, it is. I use it on their pads, and my dogs lick it too, just didn't know if that much would be more harmful... I called an e-vet, who said they'd call me back (they haven't yet) its been almost a couple hours, and he's been fine so far, so I'm hoping theres no issue...
Join Date: Dec 2010
|11-17-2012, 12:06 AM||#5 (permalink)|
Dogs Name: Rhapsody's Mystery of the Spanish Chest - "Dreizehn", Gaia's Bijort - "Ruthless"
Titles: UKC CH for Dreizehn, CGC for both, CA for both
Dogs Age: Born December 2010, July 2011Gallery Pics: 5
Visit PatchworkRobot's Gallery
Thanked 15,928 Times in 4,587 Posts
Edit: Lat post - hope all is well.
Last edited by PatchworkRobot; 11-17-2012 at 12:30 AM..
Join Date: Jan 2011
|The Following User Says Thank You to PatchworkRobot For This Useful Post:|
|11-17-2012, 02:03 AM||#6 (permalink)|
Holier Than Now
OP, call the Animal Poison Control Center.
You will need a credit card at hand, there is a charge, not a huge one, but they do charge.
My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today~Richard Adams
"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
Join Date: Jun 2008
|The Following User Says Thank You to RedFawnRising For This Useful Post:|
|11-17-2012, 08:38 AM||#7 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2012
|The Following User Says Thank You to Kekly For This Useful Post:|
|11-17-2012, 10:34 AM||#8 (permalink)|
When the e-vet finally called back, they said for a dog his weight (75ish lbs), none of the ingredients seem to be concentrated enough to do a whole lot of harm. The gal read me a list of behaviors etc to watch, and said bring him in if anything seems off. That was all 12 hrs ago, and he's been fine, so I'm not too worried. I rotate which dog gets to come with me each day, it isn't his day, but he got an extra turn so I can watch him throughout today, just in case..... Thanks everyone.
Join Date: Dec 2010
|The Following User Says Thank You to bottlefed89 For This Useful Post:|| |
|11-17-2012, 08:22 PM||#9 (permalink)|
Dogs Name: Richter (Glengate's Mountain Fortress CA L1V WAC); RIP Shanoa & Simon
Titles: CA, L1V, NW1, WAC
Dogs Age: d.o.b. 7/13/2012Gallery Pics: 1
Visit MeadowCat's Gallery
Thanked 43,845 Times in 12,135 Posts
I really, really recommend you call Animal Poison Control: ASPCA | Animal Poison Control Center Many vets aren't equipped to answer questions like this.
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you.
What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”
― Jane Goodall
Join Date: Apr 2009