Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

2 GORGEOUS Columbus Ohio Dobermans need a FOREVER home

6K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  MsMoppett 
#1 ·
I am just crossposting list info here (I know nothing other than what is included in this post).

Look at these 2 GORGEOUS Dobermans that are in search of a home together!

Meet Mister and Misses! Two precious dobermans who were abandoned at PWP yesterday. They're currently in foster care. If you'd like to meet them, email pets@petswithoutparents.ne​t. They are a package deal as they are two peas in a pod. Housebroken (4 and 6 yrs old) and absolutely delightful dogs.

Contact Pets Without Parents if you or anyone else you know may be interested in giving this pair their safe, loving and forever home.

Check out the Pets Without Parents website Pets Without Parents Columbus

PETS WITHOUT PARENTS
629 Oakland Park Avenue, Columbus, OH 43214 [Google Maps]
(614) 267-PAWS [7297]
Hours: M-F 12PM-9PM, Sat-Sun 12PM-8PM
E-mail: pets@petswithoutparents.net

See less See more
#3 ·
Awww, that is so sad - what a sad look on that ones face...this just breaks my heart!! Thanks for posting, I so hope someone gets them soon and provides them a loving, forever home.

Reactions: astra
#5 ·
What is even sadder is that the owner left them tied out front of Pets Without Parents. They didn't even have the decency to surrender them. They just dumped them there. Some people really SUCK.

I just want anyone reading this thread to know that these dogs are SAFE. They are not in need of a rescue, they are in need of a permanent home. Pets Without Parents wants to place them so please do not contact any other rescues about these dogs. Please do however share this with anyone in the Columbus Ohio area that may be interested in adding 2 BEAUTIFUL dogs to their family.

#12 ·
People always have a choice. Instead of the owner of these two beautiful dogs leaving them tied out in front of Pets Without Parents what they should have done was formally relinquished the dogs to them. I understand that there are times when situations arise and people have to surrender their pets to a shelter or rescue. All I ask is that they do things the right way. I am sure the previous owners of these dogs could've provided allot of information about each of them. Instead, they tied them out in front of PWP and just left them there. They most certainly could have made a better choice.

#17 ·
How do I surrender a pet to Pets Without Parents?

PWP is a no-kill shelter, thus we can only accept pets based on available cage space. We do not euthanize for space; and therefore, the only way for a cage to become available is by adoption. Sometimes this can require six adoptions from the same cage to occur as only related pets may be housed together. We are a small shelter and SPACE IS LIMITED. All incoming pets must first be approved by the director. You can inform us of your need by contacting the shelter in person, by phone, or by e-mail. Priority is given based on the urgency of need of the pet and adoptability. Pets Without Parents helps those that need us most, while trying to help as many as possible

The owners of this pair probably waited until the last month of being pregnant, the last week before they moved, just found out that they were being with the military or one of the countless other excuses that people use to justify dumping their pets. Thank god for so many of the reputable rescues and no-kill shelters out there. A HUGE THANK YOU to Pets without Parents for taking this gorgeous pair of Doberman's in and being committed to finding them a safe, loving and forever home together.

#19 ·
Awwww I want a matching set!! Too bad I'm wayyy too far south (and have a terrible land-lord).

As far as dumping them, that is unacceptable, and whoever did probably tried to save themselves the "embarrassment" of surrendering them properly. Did they think the people at the shelter would have chastised them for turning them over formally to a no-kill shelter? Seriously? I think it's deplorable to leave two dogs unattended in front of a rescue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.