Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

indestructible dog beds?

7K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  mostlydobie 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of a website where you can get an indestructible dog bed? I'd like to keep it under 100$. I saw one at Petsmart, its Kong, for 60$, 40", does that seem like a good price? Thanks :)

#3 ·
I never found one - a Dobie mix and a Lab mix together can be pretty hard on toys and dog beds - but noticed two things:
a) steer clear of anything with the fake sheepskin
b) places like ross and tjmaxx have nice, cheap dog beds - I ended up buying a couple for approx. 10 $ apiece and just living with the fact that they were going to be chewed up after a while - the chewing ended around the 18-24 month mark in our case

Not sure if this will be helpful to you, but it worked for us!

#6 ·
honestly, i'd get a costco kirkland bed, and replace it when it gets destroyed. For 25 dollars, they are amazing. Nothing is indestructible.

#9 ·
I guess it depends if you are a fancy (or 'proper') person, or just looking for something for the dog to lay on. We have used moving van pads (we buy them used from moving companies for about $5 or 6 apiece) for many years, for our GSD's and Dobes, and we still have some of the original ones from about 17 years ago.

We have them in the crates, on their platform beds, on an old recliner they claimed, and they are thick, soft and very durable. (when folded to fit in a crate, they are like a mattress!)

I can also wash them in my machine, 1 at a time.
Not fancy, but really practical.

#10 ·
I have a cheap one from walmart. I think it was about thirty dollars. I try to keep a decent bed for my two babies. But, They spend most of their time on a couch or my waterbed. I think I'll try TJmaxx for a new one. But I am considering the link to the indestructable beds. How does everyone feel about the price? Will it stand up to the wear and tear?

#13 ·
But I am considering the link to the indestructable beds. How does everyone feel about the price? Will it stand up to the wear and tear?
I've had the Titan bed in Cara's crate for about 2 months now with no issues at all. I had the regular Dura bed for my last Dobe and now use it for my oldest dog. It's about 6-7 years old now and still going strong. It washes off in a snap and has probably only lost about 1/2" in height (I got the 4"). I'm very happy with them both and the price isn't bad at all when you figure it's a "lifetime" bed and I was having to replace cheaper beds all the time.

#11 ·
I just went to a cloth store in Downtown Miami, bought a bunch of heavy duty denim and sewed that together. Believe it or not, it has held up pretty well. But she really has stopped chewing to be destructive, (knock on wood). If you know of a seamstress, perhaps you can purchase a real heavy duty Denim, and then have someone sew it for you. Cheap, too.

#12 ·
My Vizsla puppy destoryed the kong bed in 24 hours. We bought the dura ruff beds after searching here. So far, one week, no destruction, no holes, etc. Let's hope I didn't jinx myself and come home ot a mess. But so far, so good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.