Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Stressed Out Chick!

3K views 45 replies 11 participants last post by  StrykersPerson 
#1 ·
Have to vent.

My chickie babies have most likely already been started in the incubation process.

My man is out of town!

I think I bit off more than I can chew.

Ordered 30 babies, they will probably ship 40. What if they ALL live?!

:2surprise:

I am being a worry wart. I know.

But, he's out of town and then I will go to meet him. And then when we come back, game on! Everything has to be good to go! EVERY thing.

Thanks for listening...

0:)

#41 ·
You shouldn’t have let those old ladies knit those sweaters for your chicks. If you allowed nudity in your chicken brooder, the shock value of the occasional underwear exposure would not be a cause for concern.

For those of you who haven’t been following our discussions of the perils and traumas of chicken raising which has stretched across multiple threads :) this is a reference to this article Sweaters for chickens: Retirees knit clothes for chilly poultry | Fox News

#40 · (Edited)
I'm sorry I'm of no help on how to keep the dogs off of your property and away from your dog, but I feel your worry, stress and frustration. How irritating this must be!! Such careless, clueless neighbors.

Is there a way you could fire a warning shot in the air when they are around? Not at the dogs, but just near and loud enough them so that they get spooked? Of course this wouldn't work if you weren't actually at home, only when you caught them in the act. I'm still trying to think of ways to trick the neighbor dogs somehow.... Could you set traps? And then return the said caught dog to the owners with a 'if I catch another one...' kind of talk?

I'm hoping you can find a solution to this! At least they were apologetic, so it's not like they don't know it happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.