Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

2012 SS/elves PHOTOS & comments reveal

49K views 610 replies 77 participants last post by  NOX 
#1 ·
:lol2: :dancing_3: :dancing_b04: YAY!!! so this is the thread for the 2012 Secret Santa and Rescue Elves "victims" (recipients) to post pictures of their furkids sniffing strange packages they can't open yet, and later, opening and examining and trying out their loot. We also welcome all comments and observations and explanations - this is the jolliest thread of the year! :newyear:

There are a couple of people who may post early due to special circumstances, ...and all rescues can post on here any time they like. Rescues may be receiving their packages early, since any day fun things come to rescues is like Christmas. (or Chanukah iiii!iiii) :cool2: :clap2: (everyone else has to wait until at least December 15th to open gifts, which is the last night of Chanukah, and close enough to Christmas not to be totally ridiculous!!) :roflmao:

remember - after New Year's, all Santas and victims WILL be revealed! So if you haven't guessed by then or your Santa doesn't reveal their identity, you won't be left wondering! :busted_cop:

(I know this seems awfully early for a reveal thread, but thanks for being understanding. lolo) :thanx:

#4 ·
I'm really touched to be able to make the first "reveal" post in this thread. The person who had me as a victim, Liz (username Lexi), saw my post about Simon's passing, and asked Lois permission to send my package early. She put together a beautiful, touching photo collage of Simon and included tons of items from our wish list (yay for green tripe!). When I opened the box, I didn't know that it was a secret santa gift. Inside, I found a really touching, heartfelt letter from Liz, pulled out the photo collage, and began to sob.

I'm so grateful for the gifts. It's amazing how much it means to us that Simon was so loved, even by people who had never met him. That Liz took the time to put together the photos for me means so much. Plus, Shanoa is thrilled with the treats, and will be reluctantly sharing them with our new addition, Richter.

I can't tell you how touched we are to have received this. The timing was really wonderful - I am going to pick up Simon's ashes tomorrow. A huge, huge thank you to Liz for the gifts and the kind words. I will get some pictures later to share.

#5 ·
Nicole ... after what you went through with poor Simon, you really did need some smiles to go along with all your tears. You put on such a brave face, your posts were so light-hearted even though you were dealing with something so tragic... and then having to put that aside enough to cope with a new puppy. Sometimes timing can be just stinkin'... Anyway, we are glad you are the first reveal-er, and look forward to pics. Simon is definitely smiling on you.

#20 ·
I wanted to share a picture of the photo collage that Lexi put together for us...sorry it took so long!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.