Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

One annoying thing your dogs does....

4K views 66 replies 53 participants last post by  BulletsGirl 
#1 ·
and you can't seem to stop it.

Huckleberry barks/growls at the TV if he sees animals on the screen. This drives me crazy....I know you have to sometimes pick your battles but I would like to choke him when he does it!

#32 ·
With Malia it is the drippy water beard. She MUST come hover over you (or what you are doing) right after having a drink.
Magnum....well....
MUST. CIRCLE. NOW! He is the circlingest dog I have ever seen. Happy you are home, must circle you. Get out of the shower/bathroom, must cirlce you. Try to get dressed, must circle you. Pick up car keys, must circle you. And while there is a certain amount of cute to it, it is always accompanied by: Must use your feet too.
That is the one thing I really do not like about the doberkids. ALWAYS stomping on my feet. They are my feet, I only have two, I need them...You have four, it should be plenty, SO STAY OFF MY D@MN FEET! Whew, got that out... :)
Magnum also does the near ultrasonic, ear bleeding, mind shredding whine. Sometimes there is an obvious reason/cause, other times it seems totally random. The vocal thing is pretty cool in general, but the pitch they can reach at times is pain inducing.

#33 ·
That nose whistle whinning drives me to want to scream! It is maddening. I know it said 1 thing, but she also barks for sport. That barking is so loud and for no reason. She would nose poke crotches too if she wasn't so short, she can't reach. Oliver would push you across the room poking you.

#35 ·
the only thing i am trying to break him of (aside from eating my shoes) is the 6 am wake up and then the barking at every car, person, sound etc. out the front window. I cant go back to bed, even on weekends. He seems to forget the "quiet" command. He will come back to bed, plop down and sigh really loud...20 mins. later...he is up again. It startles me because he is so loud. But i wonder how he knows somethings outside. because its dead quiet. Sometimes i just think he does it to annoy me and wake me up.

#42 ·
Keening at squirrels. Worst. Ever. So embarrassing! and SO LOUD. The neighbours will literally stick their heads out of their windows because Dakota HOWLS when squirrels have the balls to sit there and watch us walk by. I think she's letting out her frustration of not being able to chase them, but good lord it's embarrassing to be on the other end of that leash!

#49 ·
Whenever Toby comes from outside he walks around the coffee table (which is in the centre of the room around which the sofas are arranged) at least 3 times before he decides to settle down.

Now to some this may not seem a problem, save he has now taught the trick to Reina our newest addition to the family, (she can't learn her name but she can learn this, grrrr!) and it is surely wearing a rut in my persian rug.

Get a grip guys, the view hasnt changed since you did your first lap of the table so what gives with the second and third goes at it. Just settle.

#51 ·
Am I the only one who mostly thinks my dogs are hilarious? :D

I have a hard time finding much about them that's annoying. But Fiona was hell as a puppy. I'd feel greedy if I complained about anything either one does now. LOL They're both a dream to live with at this point. :)

#52 · (Edited)
Okay Eli does one annoying thing when my alarm goes off (ocean sounds) he runs and grabs my slipper or Phil's slipper. He is just excited. However when putting the one slipper on it is wet and slobbery. LOL LOL. I now take my slippers off and put them on my headboard. Phil still forgets to put his up. This morning was one in fact...:rolleyesww:

My puppy does an annoying thing (he does a couple he is young) I don't get angry with annoying behaviors ever, some like Eli's above make me laugh but the puppy drinks water with his long nose and like an elephant almost he comes over and deposits half of it in your lap. LOL LOL. Pup is a collie so you understand the loooonnnnngggg muzzle holding water. ;)

Oh just thought of another one. Both the collie and doberman are great in the car UNLESS, which is every day, we are on our way to the park in the morning. They howl. It started with Eli whinning in excitement, pup started wooo wooo too, now they combine their voices and make an off key concert with the occasional sprano woooooooo from the collie for the 3 minute ride...THAT is annoying. LOL

#62 ·
Here's a question: What is one thing that YOU do that annoys your dog!? :)
I have pictures of Dakota wearing

Human sweaters
Human socks
A cardboard box as a necklace
Reindeer antlers
A stick on Movember moustache
All her collars at once
A birthday hat
Earmuffs
Mittens on all four paws

And those are just the items I have pictures of. Dressup is fun, yes?

She may or may not find these things annoying. :lol2:

#60 ·
What annoys them??

For Hades: I grab his head and give him a big LOUD smooch on his cheek...he hates it!

For Snoop: he hates that I don't let him stop every three inches on our walks so he can squeeze out a drop of pee on every square inch of our neighborhood. He doesn't understand the concept of taking a WALK. Oh and that I won't let him sniff a mailbox/tree/anything for at least 20 minutes.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Reactions: Toby'shuman
#63 ·
My having to wait for her "royal highness" to properly wake up, especially if I have a ton of school work to do. When I wake up in the morning, she's right there with me in bed, which is fine, but when I finally get out of bed (yeah, I thought I was bad, but nothing compared to my miss thing next to me), ******* just looks at me like "wait, I have to do my stretches. I'll let you know when I'm ready." Then it's stretch, yawn, stretch stretch, yawn, ok I'll get out of bed, then stretch stretch big yawn, all the way downstairs, then she'll stretch a little more, then a big last yawn, and finally I can let her out to go potty. lol geesh, can someone say diva?!?

#65 ·
I agree with the doberpoke. Most annoying, especially when Marshall gets me in the eye! You almost see stars for a few minutes.
Yes, the farts are rank. I am pretty sure our friends think our house is truly disgusting with the constant fart smell. We air it out all the time, then five minutes later, the burning smell hits your nose....
But those aside, his most annoying trait is him pulling on the leash. I would love to walk all the time with him, but I get soooooooo frustrated with him on the leash. It is something we will be working on for a while :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.