Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

4 Yr Old Who Shouldn't be a Rescue Case

4K views 31 replies 26 participants last post by  Jhagman 
#1 ·
My FIRST FOSTER DOBE: He was surrendered with a lot of tears from a woman whose fiancé gave her an ultimatum. Rhamell is mild-mannered, can't-we-all-just-get-along guy who likes to play, be cuddled, long walks on the beach, and wine (OK, maybe not the wine, it was beginning to sound like a matchup web-date ad).

He gets along great with other dogs, including my high-energy Khaleesi, my Mr. CrankyPants Dexter (who isn't thrilled he's temporarily here). And even my little Cavalier Spaniel.

He'll find a great home thru Pinsch of Heaven Doberman Rescue in Knoxville, but I wanted to share his pic here. This is him just beginning to trust a male, my husband, Kurt. They're buddies now.

See less See more
#8 ·
He is such a handsome boy! I know he'll find an awesome forever home who will appreciate him for him. My SO knows better than to give me an ultimatum with my pets, he's tried in the past when I had three mice-yes, I even defend the tiniest of my pets- and we worked out a compromise instead. I pray that she gets out of that abusive relationship. No one who really loves you should make you make that kind of decision.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#9 ·
I totally agree with everyone here! I was shocked when this boy bonded enough with me over the course of just 3 or 4 hours to actually act protective when my husband walked in the door. He bounced up, growled, barked...got close to me. Fabulous instincts.

Such a calm boy, yet playful. He's a catch!

#12 ·
I am currently helping a friend who's husband also gave her an ultimatum- your house dogs stay outside or I get rid of them. Now he's given her another- divorce or get rid of the dogs. It's very sad and hard to deal with which is why I make sure animal stuff is all hammered out before I get serious with anyone.

#14 ·
How can people not see that if someone asks you to give up a pet that you love dearly it's the sign of a BAD relationship? She's going to be even more heartbroken when that relationship falls apart later and she's stuck living with the fact that she gave Rhamell up over it...

#16 ·
He is such a handsome guy, thanks for fostering!! I don't get how some people think dogs are disposable; it drives me crazy. My hubby would never make me choose between him or the dogs...prob because he knows I would choose the dogs lol.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#23 ·
Darn, I can't click open the pictures, but I can tell he's a handsome dude! What a crying shame. I have to say, and I hope I'm wrong, but the gal will probably really regret this decision for a very long time. I hope this is not an example of what is to come later on down the pike. So sad for Dobie. Here is praying he gets a wonderful, safe, loving home. :(:thumbsdow

#27 ·
Rescues generally only adopt within a certain radias of their location, such as 100-150 miles. You could probably email the rescue or pm the OP if she doesn't see your post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.