Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

-16 degrees here, doberbrats don't like it! (photo)

4K views 76 replies 34 participants last post by  Elzajpn 
#1 ·
Here are my doberbrats after going outside in the -16 degree wind chill to potty.

You can barely see Sampsons nose sticking out on the right side of the picture!

Attachments

See less See more
#49 ·
Reading these replies is making me really really cold. Seriously, I have goosebumps, and I'm all cozy in bed with my doberpoo! Brrrrr......

Has anyone seen the Jimmy Kimmel skit where he talks about California's "cold" weather? (I love Cali! I hope this doesn't offend anyone!) Here's a link to it: Los Angeles Overreacts to Cold Temperatures - YouTube Crazy how warm that sounds right now!!!!

#55 ·
I am from the San Francisco Bay Area of CA, and for my money there is no better weather! Not too hot, not too cold. Miss it sooooooooooo much, particularly in Winter and that week or two we get every year in MI, during the Summer when it is hot and humid!

A couple of years ago, I had surgery in January and my Mom came out for a couple of weeks to help out. Was the worst Winter I have experienced in the 10 years I have been here. Mom no longer complains to me about it being cold in CA. LOL!

#61 ·
Okay, look all you Canadians,"you get used to it", oh no! I've lived in the Mid West my entire life (nothing like Canada) But, HELL no, you do NOT get used to it. I never liked winter when I was a kid, now I am old and I still don't like winter. You would think after all these years I would have moved somewhere warm. But, well, the family is mostly still in this area.
I was going to say we must we having a warm front. It's in the teens here! :)

#66 ·
It's 16 today, I guess that's an increase (wowza!). Sometimes dobes are just too smart for their own good! ******* has decided to block the fireplace with her ball until she gets her way. She's warm, I'm very freezing. Actually, sounds about right haha!

[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

#71 ·
Probably "dating" myself but when I was in grade school we had an hour and a half for lunch and as soon as we finished eating we were sent outside to play for an hour and it didn't matter if it was -10F. and a raging snowstorm, and we thought nothing of it. I wouldn't ask a dobe to be out in that temp. but my old GSD cross wouldn't come in no matter how much you begged. He drove my mother nuts when he would sit his "junk" in the snow and act like he was thoroughly enjoying himself.

#75 ·
It's supposed to be in the 60's here tomorrow! That's downright tropical!! I'm sure a decent storm will accompany the weather. Oh, but then it's supposed to go back down to the 20's the following day. Sigh. Indiana weather lol!

#77 ·
thea2003;1295138[B said:
]-31 here [/B]today. Princess wouldnt go out for five minutes to walk the other day. Neither of them want to do anything but snuggle in blankets- well naughty puppy wants to do things...will have to grab some bones.
I am thankful we are not in Timmins as with the windchill it is -51celcius!!
Can't imagine how cold it is. Never experienced. How're these days in Canada?
I'm getting worried about my parents. They'll go to Whitehorse in February.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.