Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Bengal twins

2K views 29 replies 21 participants last post by  Adara 
#1 ·
I was fixing a dog bed the other day and caught these two like this. One can't be without the other so they are often together. I've not quite seen them like this though

See less See more
#7 ·
I love your cats.

Reactions: Adara
#11 ·
They are a handful but I’m not a cat expert so not sure how much more than a ‘regular’ cat. These two were poorly bred BYBs with owners who wanted to breed them for money. Emma didn’t stop screaming when they got her so instead of giving her attention, they got Leo. Emma cannot be separated from Leo. Emma was mistreated pretty bad and has a slight hip injury. She was bred to Leo and had 4 puppies and it took over 12 hours. Since they were all boys and couldn’t make money they dumped them on CL. I happened to have just lost my Vizsla to lymphoma and was home one week trying not to think about it. I thought hey what a project, take them, help them, fix them, rehome them…little did I know that not only would hubby fall head over heels, they are pretty sick kitties. They have IBS and only can eat raw. Leo still occasionally throws up. You can’t pet Emma but a few times in only certain areas. You can pet Leo but you can’t pick him up.

They get into everything. They race up and down the hallways 90 mph starting around 11 pm. They find a spot on a wall and start attacking it and pull the paint/sheetrock off. I literally tape a piece of cardboard until they forget about that area. Emma runs up and down my metal security screen doors. They knock everything off any surface. They warble loudly off and on many nights…but we love them just the same  I also have a gray torbie slightly younger in hopes Emma would also bond to her if god forbid anything happened to Leo. She’s so easy compared to them.

#24 ·
Omg, they're gorgeous!!! I love Bengals...heck, I just love cats. Wish my allergies hadn't ramped up...can't even be in the same room with one anymore.:-/

#29 ·
I've thought about getting a Bengal, but decided that an Ocicat or Mau would probably be a better choice, if I was to go the purebred route. You get the wild looks without getting the wild temperament. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.