Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Any other Cara owners here?

3K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  Rednec_13 
#1 ·
I joined just recently - I am on my fifth Doberman, but my first from a quality breeder (the rest were rescues). In the late 90s I identified the breeder I was most interested in and Ray Carlisle of Cara somehow saw fit to entrust me with this angel! I am enjoying this boy so much - so bright and focused! I like to say he's bent on world domination. He is out of Cara's Raising A Ruckus and Cara's Tiz Now After Hours.

I would love to hear in particular from other Cara owners - or point me to old posts about your experiences with your dogs. (The search function mostly turns up mention of Cara only as a reputable breeder.)

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
That's awesome! Have you had other Dobes? If so, did you see a difference? Because I'm seeing a huge difference between my past dogs and this boy.

I meant to add that the photos in my first post in this thread above are my boy. He's 4.5 months old now. We are going to a trainer once a week and he's learning a ton! He loves the touch command. Easy peasy food reward. :)

#9 ·
Yes - BOLD is definitely right! I'd like to have a bold female one day - both thus far (not Cara) have been timid. :( This Cara boy is incredibly outgoing - I think I could get a WAC on him right now except for the age restriction. :)

Only seven years - so sorry. That's too short. :( Did you have any favorite training activities with him? Something I could think about with my new boy? I'm still trying to get used to having a puppy again...

#21 ·
After that litter goes I'm hoping to get on their waiting list as there is no room right now. It will depend on the breeding whether I end up going with them but want to get on their list as I'm looking for a pup in 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#14 · (Edited)
My puppy just turned 10 months old and earned his CGC last month.

Recently, I've been working on "chaining" commands together - having him "touch" or "sit" - or both - before I throw the ball for him. Of course, you want to keep changing the order of the commands so they don't get into a habit. It's clear the chaining is giving him increased control over his impulses. I feel like the Grinch - that his brain grew three sizes today! :)

Later this week, we begin a class on shape, size, and color differentiation. It seems pretty unique and interesting!

#19 ·
Thanks! He's incredible - fearless, bold, wants to work, doesn't know the meaning of the word 'no.' So, anything I can learn to do, I want to do with him. We've been in obedience training thus far. If I can help him live up to even a fraction of his potential...!

I've been reading the threads on stacking, as I need to get good photos for the breeder and would like a decent stacked photo.

#18 ·
My first Doberman bitch was out of Ch. Cara's Valar Lothlorien UD Sch I

Dobequest:Dog Profile Page

Her name was Aubrey, Lothlorien's Stars of EverEve NA NAJ CGC HIC.

She was beautiful and loving, I miss her every day. She passed away 2 years ago before Thanksgiving. Such heartbreak. :sad:

#22 ·
Beautiful boy. I do not have a Cara dog, but owners that I have talked to love their Cara Dobermanns, and think Ray is the greatest. They say that he is always ready to help with any questions.

Were I younger, and doing IPO (SchHund) again, Cara would be my breeder choice.

#25 ·
Ruckus

Hi, I know you dog's mom, Ruckus. Her owner and I are good friends. I just joined this site in order to reply to you..so not quite sure how things work yet. Found this site through another app. Would like to give private email to you. How do you do that? (no offense to the rest of the dobe posts).

#26 ·
Hi, I know you dog's mom, Ruckus. Her owner and I are good friends. I just joined this site in order to reply to you..so not quite sure how things work yet. Found this site through another app. Would like to give private email to you. How do you do that? (no offense to the rest of the dobe posts).
This link should work to send a private message: http://www.dobermantalk.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=25668

Otherwise, click on my photo and it should take you to my personal page on this site where you can email me there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.